• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling 2014 Would you show up?

I want to go to Moab every year...

Its that much worth the trip.

Its awesome. I've wheeled many places all over the country and its hands down the Jeep Mecca.

Yes its a commitment. Yes it will take you three days from the east coast. Ask RedHeep and the NAC guys that drove out this year if its worth the trip? Ask them if its better than Harlan or Rausch Creek...I'm pretty sure I know what their answer will be...

That said, I'm looking to take a vacation next year to hit NACfest and the Crawl with a trip down the coast between the two events.

AND, still looking at the possibility of doing Moab again next year.

I've been racing so much with teams the last five years that I could be doing a lot more rec wheeling in other places.

mac 'I love moab so much I want to marry it' gyvr

I think everyone should come to Rausch Creek or Big Dogs instead. Or Harlan, KY.

For reals though, if naxja as a whole wants to do quasi-national events more often than five years, why not make a right coast event? I'd love to go to Moab again but it's almost 3 days just to get there, I have to wheel, then drive three days back. It's a week off without even wheeling!

Both places have the capacity to hold the event, and there is good local camping on site and/or nearby.

If NACfest and the Crawl were farther apart, it would be a no brainer. The Cherokee Crawl is ALWAYS a good time. Just watch for bears!

I want to go to Moab every year...

Its that much worth the trip.

Its awesome. I've wheeled many places all over the country and its hands down the Jeep Mecca.

Yes its a commitment. Yes it will take you three days from the east coast. Ask RedHeep and the NAC guys that drove out this year if its worth the trip? Ask them if its better than Harlan or Rausch Creek...I'm pretty sure I know what their answer will be...

mac 'I love moab so much I want to marry it' gyvr

All of these things! Was the two days of driving fun......Hell No! Were the memories made worth it, You're damn straight they were.

Flexd'I'LL BE BACK'XJ

Last edited:
Yes.

PS. Don't paint the drive shafts, and, Condoms are so yesteryear...

Sequoia is the poster child for not re-using drive shaft condoms. So not worth using as an excuse Geoff...

:D

Are you gonna sit there and tell me you don't want to try to wheel somewhere that's completely different? That will take everything you know about wheeling and flip it upside down?

Pretty bold statement.......sounds like a NAXJA East VS West Challenge in the making. A weekend in Roush Creek VS a weekend in JV. Film them both, crown a champion, sell the DVD's.

Pretty bold statement.......sounds like a NAXJA East VS West Challenge in the making. A weekend in Roush Creek VS a weekend in JV. Film them both, crown a champion, sell the DVD's.

it already exists. its called KOH. and its filmed in JV :laugh3:

No, KOH is KOH and only in JV. :twak:

I got it.....we'll go to Dirty turtle in KY after its rained for about a week and watch the guys out west and out east cringe at the sight of the nastiest mud you'll ever see.

I moved to the Southwest in part to be closer to Moab and the surrounding Canyon Country. Randy (IntrepidXJ) did the same. How may people uproot themselves to be closer to Raush Creek or Harlan or Big Dogs? I am pretty sure if the experience of visiting those places were better than Moab we would have a national event there. :)

Sorry Ryan for wandering so far off topic here! I am still not sure if I will make FF 2014, there are too many other adventures to be had in the area and not enough vacation time.

I moved to the Southwest in part to be closer to Moab and the surrounding Canyon Country. Randy (IntrepidXJ) did the same. How may people uproot themselves to be closer to Raush Creek or Harlan or Big Dogs? I am pretty sure if the experience of visiting those places were better than Moab we would have a national event there. :)

Sorry Ryan for wandering so far off topic here! I am still not sure if I will make FF 2014, there are too many other adventures to be had in the area and not enough vacation time.

Yeah, Harlan is a coal mining town of 2000 people, the unemployment rate is high and many resort to growing pot.....Not a place I would want to move to. Oh, and rausch creek is in PA....screw that! Moab is bar none THE best place I have ever wheeled. Sure, Harlan is great but it's nothing compared to Moab. There is no place that compares in size or diversity of terrain east of the Mississippi, that's why national events are held in Moab.

I'll be back for next years Fall Fling for sure. I wouldn't know what to do If I wheeled on the East coast, I try to avoid the mud as much as possible.

Due to my work schedule I don't get to do as much wheeling as I would like... so I really look forward to the 10 days or so I spend in Moab.
Once I get home from Moab I will start putting my daily pocket change in a Moab Brewery growler for next years event.
This past year I had the bottle 1/2 full and had almost $150 saved to go for gasoline.

Count me in for next years event; my brother is a maybe !!!!

Count me in as an 80% "fer sure".

I had gone to the FF four years in a row, 05-08. Then I missed the next four years because I was using my vacation days going down to the Baja 1000 in November. But now it seems that that gig is over, so I will be totally down for 2014. I realized how much I missed Moab.

I had opened a special savings account to save for last week's trip. I decided to keep the account open for next year's trip. And I already have a good start, since last week's trip came in under budget. :)

If Johnny's going, I'll be there. :D

If the financial black hole I call a home hadn't of happened this year, I would have gone to the Anniversary Event for sure. I intentionally avoided facebook and the 30th AE forum so as not to add salt to the wound. Perhaps I'll even show up in an MJ instead of a Grand Cherokee.

I was wondering what happened to you, Israel. I felt bad going to do Potato Salad Hill without you.

Already booked 10/3 to 10/10/14 Slickrock site # 66 again. Be great to see ya all again. Just back from a super run on Fordyce & tuneing her for KOH.

Back