• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fall Fling 2014 Would you show up?

I'm already working the boss over for how to swing the trip next year. We would probably structure it the same way we did this year. I'm out there for the whole week and the family joins me for the later part of the week.

Like others have said, it's the road time trailering the rig out and back as well as school for my son. He's been paying the price this week for missing Thursday and Friday of last week.

My wife and I have given up trying to schedule around work long ago. The work will be there when we get back and it has never failed that when we did move vacation around it ended up being a worse week/day/etc work-wise.

With all that being said, we are going to try and make it a yearly family event as long as the Intermountain Chapter will have us.

Maaaaaaaaybe.

The only reason I didn't make this year is I had a severe case of the brokes. Next year is looking much better.

Bring a few of those HP60's out this way to sell and you could fund Moab for a month :D

Bring a few of those HP60's out this way to sell and you could fund Moab for a month :D

I keep telling him to do that but he keeps saying he'd rather sell them for peanuts to Massholes.

I think everyone should come to Rausch Creek or Big Dogs instead. Or Harlan, KY.

For reals though, if naxja as a whole wants to do quasi-national events more often than five years, why not make a right coast event? I'd love to go to Moab again but it's almost 3 days just to get there, I have to wheel, then drive three days back. It's a week off without even wheeling!

Both places have the capacity to hold the event, and there is good local camping on site and/or nearby.

Last edited:
I think everyone should come to Rausch Creek or Big Dogs instead. Or Harlan, KY.

For reals though, if naxja as a whole wants to do quasi-national events more often than five years, why not make a right coast event? I'd love to go to Moab again but it's almost 3 days just to get there, I have to wheel, then drive three days back. It's a week off without even wheeling!

Both places have the capacity to hold the event, and there is good local camping on site and/or nearby.

same reason we don't make socalfest a national event. (not that we wouldn't welcome people from the other side of the country...)

because then we'd have to drive all the way over there thats a long 3000 miles....

Wait.....what?

In reference to SoCal and Moab... Harlan isn't in the furthest state east in the country just like Utah isn't the furthest state west.

But is the wheeling and scenery even close in quality?

I did wheeling last weekend that was on an 140 acre property in the middle of the woods and it was some of the best wheeling I've done to date. That includes my adventure out west. If you west coasters have never wheeled out east you will have just as good of a time as us east coast guys who have made the trip west. Sure, it's not in the wide open desert surrounded by snow capped mountains, but it's still different.

Are you gonna sit there and tell me you don't want to try to wheel somewhere that's completely different? That will take everything you know about wheeling and flip it upside down?

That will take everything you know about wheeling and flip it upside down?

I'd need a tow rig and cage first.

One thing I love about the Moab location is its high level of stocker friendliness. I think any big event needs to be able to take care of stockers as well.

I think having a big national event somewhere besides Moab is a good idea. I'd like to see it rotate year by year to different events. It would allow those who just can't make the trip to Moab still benefit from a large event backed up by naxjas influence. I'm not sure it should be the anniversary events though. It's been a tradition for 15 years now. Would kind of be a shame to see that end.

That being said, that's not what this thread is about. I'm more curious if people would show up if it was a downsized event with a good raffle and better trails without major backing by the national part of naxja.

Are you gonna sit there and tell me you don't want to try to wheel somewhere that's completely different? That will take everything you know about wheeling and flip it upside down?

What he means here is that you guys are gonna learn why we east coasters laugh when people suggest running a dana 30 with anything over 33s (or 35s, if you have really deep pockets and are more careful than most.)

Either way I'd still be in for FF 2014, most likely flying in and riding along with someone but I wouldn't know for sure if I'd be flying or driving till about a month before.

Back