• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Aug 12-14

So is there a potluck or something on Sat night like usual? Someone clue me in.

Also, a Friday night run on Deer Valley would be pretty sweet. I believe there is supposed to be a solar shower that night that will make the sky look kinda cool. Hanging out at the first plateau might be kinda cool.

That's a good question. I'll bring some food that goes well with solar showers. Maybe a moon pie or some Milky Ways or something...

So is there a potluck or something on Sat night like usual? Someone clue me in.

Also, a Friday night run on Deer Valley would be pretty sweet. I believe there is supposed to be a solar shower that night that will make the sky look kinda cool. Hanging out at the first plateau might be kinda cool.

That sounds like fun...

all loaded up & ready to leave when ever the_weirdo gets his act together in the morning. we should be at camp around 1:00 or 2:00 thursday.

nice. my dad and I are bailing on the city tomorrow, too. we'll probably be camping at china flat campground tomorrow night, as it's right next to the strawberry pass trailhead.

all loaded up & ready to leave when ever the_weirdo gets his act together in the morning. we should be at camp around 1:00 or 2:00 thursday.

Nice, I am also all packed up. We will see you in the afternoon. :wave:

Nice, I am also all packed up. We will see you in the afternoon. :wave:

jalapeno, are you doing strawberry? you've been posting on the thread.

jalapeno, are you doing strawberry? you've been posting on the thread.

No i am not, You guys have fun & i will see you at camp.

What a great trip: Tim and I got to Hermit Valley on Thursday afternoon. Hung out with the Reno guys on Thursday at the campfire: drinking, BSing, and listening to comedy. Ran Slickrock on Friday (in and back through the Alpine Lake side). Night run up to the plateau on Deer Valley on Friday night. Hit up Deer Valley to through the second water crossing and back out on Saturday. Good BBQ and great raffle on Saturday night. Then home on Sunday. Time for a shower and sleep.

Great to see everyone and share some time on the trail - I saw some old friends and met some new ones that seem like old ones.

What a great trip: Tim and I got to Hermit Valley on Thursday afternoon. Hung out with the Reno guys on Thursday at the campfire: drinking, BSing, and listening to comedy. Ran Slickrock on Friday (in and back through the Alpine Lake side). Night run up to the plateau on Deer Valley on Friday night. Hit up Deer Valley to through the second water crossing and back out on Saturday. Good BBQ and great raffle on Saturday night. Then home on Sunday. Time for a shower and sleep.

Great to see everyone and share some time on the trail - I saw some old friends and met some new ones that seem like old ones.

I just got up from a quick cat nap, The weekend was great, but way to short. Thursday night was blast as the rest of the weekend, It was way cool to have had you & Tim with Jacks over for a bit of BSing.

P.S, It was great to see that 53 foot big rig come down hwy 4 late at night, Major thanks to Billy for coming up so fair to bring up the food & all the good stuff.

Thank you Mr Ed for being so hilarious last night...

Last edited:
Thanks for the great weekend guys! It was good to see you all again and meet some new faces as well. We had some good times around the camp fire and on the trail...Mr. Ed was hilarious last night around the campfire!!

Also, wanted to thank Billy for coming all the way up to the campground to feed us all and give out a bunch of awesome raffle prizes!! See you guys on the next trail run, hopefully sooner than next year!

Bryan and Kodi

jax & i had a great time. it was great to meet new friends & hang out listening to mr. ed describe his love affair with michael shanker.
thanks to brian for hauling up the food & prizes even though he had to bail early. what a great guy! jax & i cant wait for the next trip!

That medium shirt is looking exactly like I thought it would....sexy.

pics or it didn't happ...wait, nevermind. :gee:

jk

glad you had a great time mr. ed.
you were on a roll last night!

Good times! Thanks Billy for bringing up the grub and making me a winner for a change at the raffle. That medium shirt is looking exactly like I thought it would....sexy.

:laugh2: :yelclap:

Had a great time this weekend and it was really great to finaly meet all of you. Mr Ed thanks for the entertainment and Iam glad we didnt see ALL of you last night:eyes:

cant wait for the next run.

This was one of the better DV trips I've taken, and that goes for the raffle too (Thanks a TON Billy!) I'm beat after a full week of wheeling, but I'll get some pics up eventually.

Back