• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CrazyJim's Jeepspeed/Prerunner XJ build

Well at least someone is making progress the d**n tj keeps robbing me of all my money in gas and parts. And I just bent the inner c's. Oh well adventually the xj will be running. I can't wait to see the xj all done man

I can't believe it's been over a year since I stuck the head on that thing... Hurry the fawk up would you?

Justin

I can't wait to see this beast back in action! Its moved decently before. I can't wait to see it once its completled.

Videos are a must!

New update:

Picked up a new D30 today, this will save a LOT of time on my build, which is always a good thing. Chris Amrein built this for his Jeepspeed, but ended up going a different route. So I lucked out!

4130 trussed, sleeved on the long end.
Gusseted C's, gusseted upper mounts
Relocated 4" lower shock mounts
Re-inforced bump pads
Beefy LCA mounts
Limit strap mounts
High mount track bar setup for high steer (WJ / Terraflex)
Ruff Stuff? diff cover
4.88 gears installed by RWK Haus Supply

All in all, it's exactly what I was looking to build, and I got a sweet deal on it from Chris. Thanks again Chris! It was good meeting you, and I hope to see the Jeep done in the near future, it's badass!

c0edd23f.jpg

fdcca94f.jpg

3bcc926d.jpg

e3cb3230.jpg

Glad to see you back on the build Jim... miss hanging out in the desert with ya!

New update:

Picked up a new D30 today, this will save a LOT of time on my build, which is always a good thing. Chris Amrein built this for his Jeepspeed, but ended up going a different route. So I lucked out!

4130 trussed, sleeved on the long end.
Gusseted C's, gusseted upper mounts
Relocated 4" lower shock mounts
Re-inforced bump pads
Beefy LCA mounts
Limit strap mounts
High mount track bar setup for high steer (WJ / Terraflex)
Ruff Stuff? diff cover
4.88 gears installed by RWK Haus Supply

All in all, it's exactly what I was looking to build, and I got a sweet deal on it from Chris. Thanks again Chris! It was good meeting you, and I hope to see the Jeep done in the near future, it's badass!

c0edd23f.jpg

fdcca94f.jpg

3bcc926d.jpg

e3cb3230.jpg

Hey you picked up his D30. That thing is beef. He built out beam and was saw this on numerous occasions. Chris deffinetly does good work and I am forever thankful for meeting him!

Well we made some progress on the XJ again this weekend, the cage is finally ready to go back into the Jeep for good, and get welded in. We were wrapping up everything that was going to be against the roof so we could get full 360 welds on everything.

We focused on gusseting the cage yesterday. I'm not running an X above my head, because of my height, and the fact that this will still be street driven without helmets. Instead I ran a straight tube forward down the center, and gusseted all the corners.

We decided on curved gussets for the windshield to help a bit with vision, but went straight with all the others. It took us SEVERAL hours to get the curved gussets where they needed to be. It'd be one thing if they were all 90* corners, but they're not, especially around the windshield. The tubes are on completely different planes.

370d9035.jpg

27b92d09.jpg

Once those got worked out, we banged out the straight ones in a matter of minutes.

00f0846c.jpg

85051f6b.jpg

e1e533c2.jpg

Lee got a bit carried away with his tacks.

5c84ef55.jpg

ad554b1d.jpg

d39f3ebf.jpg

99efd486.jpg

Stay tuned for further updates, the next sets will be with the cage being permanently welded into the Jeep. It'll be a few weeks, as I'm going to Mexico with Tony, Andy, and the guys this coming weekend.

Back