• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CrazyJim's Jeepspeed/Prerunner XJ build

Re: CrazyJim's Jeepspeed/Prerunner build

Great build Jim, let me know when you are ready for some testing.

The first set of "big 60's" just ran the Baja 1000 and finished second in Class 1! The #1717 big60s will be run in anger this weekend at Henderson.

-Joel

hey Joel,
Great to see you down in Baja!!

Hey Jim, my names Haley, friend of kelly's (he's got a giant red WJ). Just wanted to say your jeep has inspired me to build a mild baja xj :D. Looks amazing.

hey jim i noticed that your glassworks flairs fit alot more plush up against the front facia than mine do... did you grind them down a bit or did they come fit like that? i have the same flairs but they are a bit more squared at the front than yours seem to be...

hey jim i noticed that your glassworks flairs fit alot more plush up against the front facia than mine do... did you grind them down a bit or did they come fit like that? i have the same flairs but they are a bit more squared at the front than yours seem to be...

Jim took his XJ directly to glassworks and had them fit them. they did a GREAT job, I've never seen a set of fiberglass fenders that fit as well as his.

ahhh.... how much did that run ya jim? maybe ill try and sell these ones i got and do the same!

why is it with the lights mounted on the inside of the "pre runner" style jeeps? ive seen it acouple of times on here now

The lights in the back window? From what I understand if it has an amber light in the rear window its a faster class and one with a blue and an Amber light is a slower class.

ahhh.... how much did that run ya jim? maybe ill try and sell these ones i got and do the same!

If I remember right it was around $450 for the set.

why is it with the lights mounted on the inside of the "pre runner" style jeeps? ive seen it acouple of times on here now

Yea the amber light in the rear is to cut through dust, so other vehicles behind you see you. The red just won't go as far in dust.

The lights in the back window? From what I understand if it has an amber light in the rear window its a faster class and one with a blue and an Amber light is a slower class.

Close, but not quite. Amber is just a safety light, everybody is required to run them in a sanctioning body. Us guys who chase do it for the same safety reasons, so people see us if we end up on the course. The blue light does indicate slow traffic, but slower classes aren't REQUIRED to run them if I recall correctly, but some choose to. For instance when you're running the Baja like Filar did, he chose to run a blue to avoid a trophy truck from running him over haha. If you see an amber light in front of you, you know there's a vehicle up there. If you see a blue light, you know it's a slower vehicle, and it gets you ready to have to dodge something.

If I remember right it was around $450 for the set.

hmm, thats not too bad. i think i might do that when im finished with my suspension. thanks.

Close, but not quite. Amber is just a safety light, everybody is required to run them in a sanctioning body. Us guys who chase do it for the same safety reasons, so people see us if we end up on the course. The blue light does indicate slow traffic, but slower classes aren't REQUIRED to run them if I recall correctly, but some choose to. For instance when you're running the Baja like Filar did, he chose to run a blue to avoid a trophy truck from running him over haha. If you see an amber light in front of you, you know there's a vehicle up there. If you see a blue light, you know it's a slower vehicle, and it gets you ready to have to dodge something.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up Jim! I like the thought of having a blue light because I don't think being hit by a trophy truck sounds too fun! :D

The blue light is required for the slower classes in Best In The Desert series. They show up on the Jeepspeeds because two(I think) of the BITD races are Jeepspeed events. SCORE and MORE don't require them.

Hey Jim. With the stuff in Tonys gargage and the stuff in my garage. Maybe you should think about a build thread for the MJ????

GHEY $HIT. I didn't even post twice or click twice. Came up and told me "you must wait 5 seconds between posts"

Back