• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convoy to Goatfest

A buddy of mine and me would like to meet up with the IE convoy. we were looking to leave friday morning sometime around 9 or 10 so just let us know when you guys are meeting up and where and we will be there.

Not gonna happen for me. I have to pick up my kid from school at 2:45 and then wait for his mom to get off work at 5:30 by the time i drop him of it will be too alte and too dark. I dont feel like trying to find yalls in the dark. Funk dat!

I'm sure you couldn't miss us. Big flat dry lakebed where there's a bunch of lights......... :)

Hmmm.... guess you are right. Maybe ill drive out friday night then. :):thumbup:

Do you guys get phone reception out there????

julio i had great cell signal all the way through bullfrog trail. pm me yer number and i will call and tell you where we are on the lake bed.

A buddy of mine and me would like to meet up with the IE convoy. we were looking to leave friday morning sometime around 9 or 10 so just let us know when you guys are meeting up and where and we will be there.

we will probably meet at the chevron 15/sierra exit about 4 miles north of the 210. seemed like a good spot last time. unknown of time as of yet but will let you know. probably around 9ish

Hmmm.... guess you are right. Maybe ill drive out friday night then. :):thumbup:

Do you guys get phone reception out there????

When you leavin' Bustamovie?

I'll probably leave from downtown about sometime-thirty. Not exactly sure when since it depends on work but no later than 7:00 (Yay for eastbound traffic!).

Edit: Oh yeah. No cell coverage on the lakebed but if you go out Boone Road to 247 you can get coverage from some networks (AT&T yes, Sprint no, not sure about others), you will also get occasional coverage on the trails (There is a good spot between Jack and Sledge!) as signals bleed across the desert.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't count on cell contact, Boost. There's a "phone bush" on the lakebed where almost all phones have signal, but other than that there is a lot of dead air. However, that being said, it's much easier to find the bunch of lunatics on the lakebed these days. What used to be a relatively faint road is now quite defined, and gravel for enough of it to get you close to us. Just don't miss the Boone Rd turnoff. When coming up the 247 from Yucca Valley, it's shortly after Old Woman Springs Rd (aka Hwy 247) makes a significant bend to the left. You'll pass Last Mile Rd on your LEFT, then Boone Rd's on your RIGHT. If you hit Cole Rd on your right, you went too far.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Johnson+Valley&state=CA&address=Old+Woman+Springs+Rd+%26+Boone+Rd

The road's nicely defined now (light colored gravel road surface), for most of the distance to the lakebed. Certainly far enough to get within lights-sight distance of us. It's about 4+ miles overall off the pavement, so don't panic if you don't see us immediately. They even built a bridge over the one nasty drop area, so it's really not a big deal to get out there at night anymore.

Also, you can try Ch 4 or Ch 18 on CB, or ask if some Ham folks will have their radios on.

I'll probably leave from downtown about sometime-thirty. Not exactly sure when since it depends on work but no later than 7:00 (Yay for eastbound traffic!).

Edit: Oh yeah. No cell coverage on the lakebed but if you go out Boone Road to 247 you can get coverage from some networks (AT&T yes, Sprint no, not sure about others), you will also get occasional coverage on the trails (There is a good spot between Jack and Sledge!) as signals bleed across the desert.

Geoff, I am also leaving Friday evening, after the wife gets off work... 6:30ish I am guessing at this point

Geoff, I am also leaving Friday evening, after the wife gets off work... 6:30ish I am guessing at this point

Cool.

We'll see how things go here. Not exactly sure what route I'm taking to 15 at this point, depends on when I leave.

I'll probably be leaving directly from downtown.

When are you planning to leave, Skull_black?

this lookin more like goat-ROPE than goat fest! i should be off work & ready to go by sometime around noon fri - 909-855-0026 - we can work out a meet place, & it would be cool to caravan out there - I'M NOT WAITING ON JULIO STANDARD TIME tho!!!!

hope you can join us. see you then

i was thinking anywhere between 6 and 7 pm friday. wanna roll up there??? i have to drop off my son in el segundo on friday and drive back to l.a, get the jeep and roll out.

let me know.

i was thinking anywhere between 6 and 7 pm friday. wanna roll up there??? i have to drop off my son in el segundo on friday and drive back to l.a, get the jeep and roll out.

let me know.

I am hoping to get out around the same time Friday, possibly we can all hook up :cheers:

I am still not sure if i will make it out or not.

I have have to remove a bunch of concrete and lay a new slab in front of a gate where we have semi trucks going in and out m - f, it needs to get done this week and i would need to do the work friday night / sat morning (no other way into the business yard) to get it to cure in time for mondays round of trucks driving on it.

If i get it all done friday night ill make it out...

I would be interested but I don't get off work until at least 5pm and then I have an hour drive home. So I would be leaving around 6:30ish from Murrieta. So If anyone one else doesn't have a job that will let them leave early and wants to meet up I would love to convoy.

I am hoping to get out around the same time Friday, possibly we can all hook up :cheers:

Yeah, that be cool if we all drove out there. Im pretty sure ill be good to go no later than 7 and as early as 6pm on Friday night. IM sure traffic is gonna suck.... oh well!:gee:

Back