• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CALICO NEW MOON RUN

JohnX said:
Even if you were riding with Tim.
Yes, and that was a mistake!. If he wanted to run the trails, he should have brought his own junk. I was getting a little tired of having to chase him out of the drivers seat.

nightrun002.jpg

It only got worse as the the night wore on.

Bent said:
Yes, and that was a mistake!. If he wanted to run the trails, he should have brought his own junk. I was getting a little tired of having to chase him out of the drivers seat.

nightrun002.jpg

It only got worse as the the night wore on.

Do I look fat in that picture?

cracker said:
Do I look fat in that picture?

Fat? Your weight was not an issue. However, I suspect that your wait played a role in your unsavory behavior. I understand that this was an informal run. I understand that you have spent the better part of the last couple of months as a bachelor. :loveu:

To say the least, we were all rather surprised to see you ride that winch; :guitar: right out in the open!

nightrun006.jpg

:smoker:

It is a good thing that there were no children present.

Last edited:
Kejtar said:
ROTFLMAO (looks like he's been riding that winch since 2002 ;) )

It appears that cameras can get frostbite too.

:D

JohnX said:
LOL! You drew the short straw.

Later, after we got the winch put away, wet mind you, it was time to hit the trail.By this time John, Ken and I were wearing a little thin and drew straws to see who Cracker was going to ride with. Lucky me. It was not as bad as it could have been, though. I don't ordinarily carry a booster seat in the XJ and this time out was no exception. You know who couldn't see over the dash; what to do? I wasn't going to keep holding him up every time he wanted to see. I don't remember who's idea it was, but we finally got him strapped in where he would keep quiet, at least about not being able to see.
nightrun004.jpg

It wasn't long until he was wanting to drive. There are things that no matter what you try to do, they're doomed from the moment you slip into low range.

:explosion

This was to be no exception.
nightrun008.jpg

:sure:
A Cracker in the rocks, this could not end well, especially after he got himself wedged in tight. I'm glad he wasn't driving my junk!

Nabisco may make some of the toughest cellophane on the market, a torn wrapper is a torn wrapper. Although the boulder in the foreground hides the damage, he was not going anywhere on his own.
nightrun007.jpg

A perforation is no place to mount tow hooks. If we were going to get his crispy a$$ out, we'd have to come up with another plan. A little brainstorming and we had a strap on him and was able to pull him free.

nightrun009.jpg

He didn't bother anyone for the rest of the run. He didn't get out of the glove box either!

And in the middle of all that excitement with Cracker, John decided he was going to start a night time mining operation. Had I have known, I would have helped. Although I can say I approve of his choice of tools...

http://www.geocities.com/an_imortl/john-the-miner.wmv

No worse for the wear! Well maybe a little. I also managed to break a rear shock somewhere, didn't notice it until I started washing the Heep Sunday morning.

JohnX said:
I also managed to break a rear shock somewhere...

It couldnt have been in that slot, unless you were running them on the sides near the roof. :D Looks like you got some mighty fine spotting, though.

Ken,
great sound on that clip!

:D

He didn't get stuck where I got stuck did he? :laugh:

That was the most ridiculous place I have ever gotten stuck.

cracker said:
...the most ridiculous place...
Kinda sounds like the place...but I wasn't stuck...just delayed :D

I stopped to daydream about cutting off the back of the Jeep ;)

JohnX said:
Damn Tim....Did you get pictures of anybody else, or just the premiums?

Here you go John! You happy now? :rolleyes:

We stopped at Bismarck mine so John could shoot Mine Trolls. Well, that is until he found out they carry assault rifles.
DSC02929.jpg

Ken crossing up on Odessa.
DSC02934.jpg

John lining up to work his way down a step on Odessa.
DSC02948.jpg

:laugh3:

The Night Shift
100_4826.jpg

The Infamous Desert Tortise
100_4835.jpg

Scary Night Creature
100_4839.jpg

More Creatures of the Night
100_4841.jpg

Creepy Crawler
100_4853.jpg