• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any idea on when Goatfest will be this year?

note to self, pack one less chair :D

Thanks Mike, but I have my own. :D But speaking of chairs, I've been looking for one of them rocking camping chairs, but haven't found one yet.

That means there'll be food for the rest of us! ;)

Ha. That's the old Johnny, Justin. I can't eat as much as I used to since my surgery. But I guess I'll never shake my old reputation. :)

Goatfest will be the weekend before Thanksgiving, Nov 18-20.

Anyone up for some kind of fund raiser for Team NAXJA? :)

How about raffling off a drive in one of the rigs like you did a few years back?
I would be in for $150 of tickets to get a chance to drive those trails again.

John

How about raffling off a drive in one of the rigs like you did a few years back?
I would be in for $150 of tickets to get a chance to drive those trails again.

John

You put up $150, and I'll let you take my jeep up a good trail. ;)

You put up $150, and I'll let you take my jeep up a good trail. ;)

But how far would it go? I dont want to pay $1 per foot.

In all seriousness:

Line up 4 or 5 rigs and either raffle off tickets at the event or maybe even by pay pal so you can make it NAXJA wide. Video the drawing and post it on You Tube. I'll bet there are people all over SoCal (and a few nuts like me a long way off) that dont have rigs capable of running the Hammers that would buy tickets for a chance to run those trails. The winners would make the trip out there. For the ones who didnt you could raffle of the space A on site.

I dont know how much you raised last time but I know I wasnt the only one who emptied their pockets and dropped well over $100 for a shot at driving those trails.

John

Last edited:
Is Rick going to have his buggy ready by then? :D

I'm up for it if enough people are interested. We also need a few buggies to make the odds of winning better, and last time we had a couple of buggies as Team NAXJA. If we do a raffle out there, I'm happy to include a drive in my buggy as one of the raffle prizes.

I won the drivers seat in Goatmans buggy at the raffle a couple years ago. It was an AWESOME prize. I was amazed at how well his buggy drove. It was a BLAST!!! He let me open it up to 100mph in the flats (ok, it was probably only like 45mph, but it felt faster!) it drove sooo smooth. Outstanding prize. I had a grin on my face for days after that!

I won the ride in FarmerMatts rig and was similarly stunned by its great performance. Its hard to believe folks wouldn't line up around the block and be very happy to buy a LOT of tickets to have a chance a driving up there.

Less money will be made if the tickets are sold on site only, going out there is a commitment even if you are local and the folks who plan on going already have rigs that can run that terrain. If there was a fair secure way to run a raffle in advance (pay-pal and web cast the drawing?) you would probably get a lot more folks to buy tickets in advance knowing they only had to make the trip if they won. This would bring a lot of "players" to the table who would love to run a Hammer trail but dont have a suitable rig.

John

I won the ride in FarmerMatts rig and was similarly stunned by its great performance. Its hard to believe folks wouldn't line up around the block and be very happy to buy a LOT of tickets to have a chance a driving up there.

Less money will be made if the tickets are sold on site only, going out there is a commitment even if you are local and the folks who plan on going already have rigs that can run that terrain. If there was a fair secure way to run a raffle in advance (pay-pal and web cast the drawing?) you would probably get a lot more folks to buy tickets in advance knowing they only had to make the trip if they won. This would bring a lot of "players" to the table who would love to run a Hammer trail but dont have a suitable rig.

John

Good input, worth considering.

I still wear the shirt team NAXJA shirt I got out there a couple years ago all the time. Any plans for that again this year or is it too short of notice now?

I'm trying my darndest to figure out how to get to this. I need to pick my wife up in Lost Wages on Sunday evening, so there is a chance I can fly out on Thursday night, into LAX or LAS. The trick is trying to get the Heep, get to JV, and leave by Sunday in time to drop off the Heep and get a regular car, and still have some time to do some wheeling. Otherwise, I'll just be driving back and forth. Unless I skip the Heep, and just drive to JV...

David Bricker / SYR

I probably won't go again this year... Need tires and a couple other things.

Back