• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Humboldt-Cherokee Blog.

It's been a while since I've posted here.

No new mods. (Besides a full front axle swap, hp dana 30 non disconnect with all new parts)

Here's my recap of the summer.
samoa.jpg

corralhollow1.jpg

DSCN6964.jpg

12c26ea8.jpg

c10ce4ef.jpg

f4f2d786.jpg

DSCN6869.jpg

The summer gave me worn out tie rod ends, an empty wallet, and this-

damage.jpg

damage.jpg
[/QUOTE]
damn, thats some heavy damage from a shopping cart.
you must have e=reallu upset some soccer mom. .!.:D.!.

How do you like having the lunch box locker up front? I have considered putting one in the front on my XJ but I have heard that the lunch box lockers up front on the street in turns will give feed back like noise and feel of ratcheting and even sometimes bucking. Do you notice any of that or is it no different than driving with an open diff up front?

How do you like having the lunch box locker up front? I have considered putting one in the front on my XJ but I have heard that the lunch box lockers up front on the street in turns will give feed back like noise and feel of ratcheting and even sometimes bucking. Do you notice any of that or is it no different than driving with an open diff up front?

From my experience, you will only notice those effects when you make u-turns.

Yeah, I don't even notice the front locker.

It binds when in 4low, but its no issue.

And yes--- BRUTAL SHOPPING CART DENTS

i dont notice my lunchbox up front on or off the trail ever if its any consolation...and i make very tight 3 or more point turns into my one car garage in the alley everyday.

Sean, I repainted all of my fender flares with a few cans of Duplicolor and returned them to a like-new condition. Not that I am too interested in keeping my Jeep purty but it was worth a few bucks in paint.

I looked at some tires today. I still need to rebuild my tcase, but this will be one my next big things.

255/85/16 km2's.
a34a60d6.jpg

Next to my 265/75/r16's.
709a7c75.jpg

I can't wait. Gotta get them before the muddy season comes.

Haha, it's just something stupid I did a while back. Stock skid + paint =

c586f778.jpg

It gets a lot of looks and people complement it a lot. It comes off when I wheel.

Where's your rear tire carrier from? I've been looking into them and I'll probably end up with nates or detours. And we had twin jeeps at one point
2130060340107286125S425x425Q85.jpg

Love moabs on those clean blue 97+, keep it up dude, your jeeps got style

My jeep has been 2wd since july, because it still vibrates when the front shaft is installed. So I put it back in today to see how it would run, and the vibes are still there at 60+ mph. Its sort of a solid grinding feel now.

It must be the tcase at this point. I've changed everything.

I can score a 231 case from the junkyard up here for 250 bucks. I'd have to put an sye in it too. Cost would be around 500 if I do that. But I don't even know if that would fix the issue.

WTF should i do?

I have to say, if youre going to step up to the 33s, dont go so skinny. Might as well go with 12.50s if youre going to step up, 255 is pretty skinny at that point. Plus youre already running 265s so why step down the width? Find some 305s or 315s to go on there

I have to say, if youre going to step up to the 33s, dont go so skinny. Might as well go with 12.50s if youre going to step up, 255 is pretty skinny at that point. Plus youre already running 265s so why step down the width? Find some 305s or 315s to go on there
I prefer the skinnier, expedition-style not as wide ones also. Which is why I think he has what he's got/is going to. Makes more sense to me.

I like my 10.50's for a few reasons. Drives great, less weight, less rolling resistance during my 99.9% on-road driving, less rubbing, and more in line with the retro-WWII style wheel (I just made that last one up).

I can score a 231 case from the junkyard up here for 250 bucks. I'd have to put an sye in it too. Cost would be around 500 if I do that. But I don't even know if that would fix the issue.

WTF should i do?

Check around first. $250 seems a lot for a stock used 231. I sold one that was in great condition earlier this year for $150 and I see them often for less than that. Heck, I'd even sell my 231 w/SYE and double-cardan driveshaft for $250, but the kicker is it won't be off my jeep until sometime well into next year...

Oh yeah, them tires sure look skinny. I remember when I thought 12.50's were wide. :)

I too like the clean look of the stock XJ with all the upgrade that will fit under that look. Keep up the good work man.

DSC_8619.jpg

Thanks man. Looks good.

Back to the vibration saga-

I drove it last night, and today, and the vibes were noticeable, but bearable from 55-70 mph.

I decided to go to Samoa today (because I havent wheeled since july)
2c50af43.jpg

I smoked the front tires badly on some... tires. I actually stripped most of the black rubber off the inner sidewall... it's all white now. :( And I lost a good amount of rubber, chunked them bad.

e5342bc1.jpg

ea68078a.jpg

I must have put them off balance or something, because I now have different vibes. XXXXing retreads man.

Back