• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5th Annual Reno Run (Official Event thread)

Damn nice work Gordon!

Looks like I'll be going in and learning to set some gears with the guy that runs rear end specialties. So I think jeep should be ready. Fingers crossed

Dang thats gnarly!!

My jeep is almost 100% ready right now, just have to get the rear diff cover back on and spare up in the basket! Ohh and also get an alignment before I leave for Reno

most of the forecasts are showing rain friday. I hope its just spillover from thursday into friday and subsides by friday mid day or earlier.

Im going to bring rain ponchos and duct tape to seal my tweaked doors .
I will bring an Ez up for camp if I have room.

Totally random but what was your experience with Rear End specialties that you did not like?

I thought their customer service was atrocious. I had them do an axle a few years back and when I inquired about time frame they told me one day. I even made an appointment to drop it off. Wasn't ready when promised and when I asked why was told they weren't expecting to have it done that fast.

I'm stoked.:party:

Can't wait myself! Gonna be awesome!

Sorry to be so late letting you guys know that I won't make it yet again. Last I mentioned it was a maybe but have more pressing matters. Hope ya'll have a great time.

Moving Sunday's departure time to 8:00am...

Trail Ride and Event Schedule

5/22 (Fri) Prison Hill We will depart campground between 6:00 - 7:00 pm. Prison Hill is a recreation area in Carson City. It is 18 miles from camp. Part of this run will be after dark.

5/23 (Sat) Group is split depending on rig / driver experience.

(Easy Run) Peavine Mountain This is an easy, scenic trail ride to the top of Peavine Peak which is the mountain northwest of Reno. We will be following the train tracks to the back of the mountain before our ascent to the top of the peak at 8,269 feet (Reno is 4,400 ft). There will be some steep hills and at least one wet (ie:muddy) spring crossing. This is a stocker friendly run. Group will depart campground at 9:00am.

(Hard Run) Billy Bobs / Twister / ??? The exact trail has not yet been determined but it will be in the Spanish Springs area. Rig requirements may change per Alan (Alboy97xj) depending on the trail but right now I'll say 33's and lockers but preferably 35's. Expect difficult rock crawling and body damage and/or drivetrain breakage is possible. Departure time and meeting location TBA.

Post run BBQ: At the campground following the day's run. Cost is $5 per person.

5/24 (Sun) Bronco Canyon Estimated departure time from camp is 8:00am. This year we will be heading in via a different (and quicker) way and may make a stop in historic Virginia City before turning onto dirt. This trail is appropriate for XJ's with a minimum of 31" tires and fun for guys on 40's as well. There are bypasses to most of the harder obstacles and you can select your line depending on how much of a challenge you want. Difficult rock crawling. The canyon is far from pavement and breakage is common. Make sure you have appropriate spare parts and your rig is trail ready (no known reliability issues).

5/25 (Mon) Event concludes. Must check out of campsite by noon.

Trail schedule and departure times are subject to change.
We will use CB channel 5 for this event.

Do we have an updated convoy list? Times and places to meet?

Some folks are planning to meet at my place in Sacramento on Friday. probably between 11am and 1pm ?

Is that right Lou?

Patrick?

What is everyone thinking ?

If the run doesn't start until 6pm on friday we will have some time to get there but we probably don't want to leave sacramento any later than 2pm thats fore sure.

Ok I'll link up with you and can meet at your place as well.

I might be in south lake Thursday night, then heading up to the camp some time Friday, and I might be getting there first. What do I tell the people at the gate (if there are any) and what site number are we?

Back