• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.9 V-8 Magnum swap

So now that I am back in town, back to work on the Jeep. I got tired of the pedal being so high after I went to the Dodge throttle cable so I modified the pedal. It lowered the pedal back down and made the angle on the cable better.

5.2 zj cable fit perfectly in mine... no mods

Thats a good looking XJ. Have you wired up the light yet? I wonder how the glare is.

Have you tried a high flow water pump or a restrictor plate instead of a thermostat? We had to use a restrictor when we put a 355 blueprint in a 68 fire chicken

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Only mod to the cooling system (aside for the aluminum radiator with triple fans), was the addition of a fan controlling thermostat (I think with a 190 set point or). It runs right at that temp. Probably about 10-15 degrees cooler than the 4.0 in it did.

Haven't wired up the light bar just yet. Probably this weekend.

Dash modified for all my ARB style switches. Switches will be Compressor, Front Locker, Rear Locker, Roof LED Light Bar, LED Light Bar, Engine Fan, Rear Wiper/Washer, and Rear Defroster.

Decided to add more to the dash panel. The 12v sockets and USB are attached, but will put screws in it for looks when I get them. Got most of the wiring in place, just need some terminal connectors.

Once I had everything going, I had a constant P0604 code (Internal Control Module) error. Or something like that. While I was out of town for a month in Nevada, I came across a guy parting out another 01 ram 4x4 with 5.9 and California emissions and bought the PCM from him. I changed mine out with it and the code is no longer there. I assume the PCM was bad. My original parts truck had the CEL light, but dummy me didn't read the codes prior to the engine swap. It was probably already there. Only code I had after swapping to the PCM I bought in Nevada, was O2 sensor 1 bank 1, which went away after about 10 miles of driving and hasn't returned. So right now no codes.

Got some switch work done. All switches are hooked up. Couple more to finish. Took out the stock wiper, rear defogger, and fog light switches and replaced with ARB style switches. Actually still need to do the fog light switch, but easy enough

Thats slick

Blondejon, how's that tranny doing? I have all the heavy duty internals coming and a new HD torque converter on its way to tear down my 46re. This is going to be fun. I've done a ton of research and am pretty trans smart now (at least the 46re). I was hoping to have all the major work done prior to memorial day for the Reno Run, but no way.
My outstanding list (big jobs):

1. Transmission rebuild with shifter change (american shifter)
2. Frame stiffeners
3. WJ brake and steering upgrade.
4. Some suspension work. New springs, shackles, shackle relocation boxes, all new shocks

Still have a million and one small odds and ends I am working, but gotta get this big stuff done. I am taking 2 weeks vacation time off work in the beginning of June, should have all the major stuff done by mid month.

Back