• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5.9 V-8 Magnum swap

So don't wear sandals like the ones in the picture when doing grinding. I set the grinder down and moved and put the top side of my foot against it. Now I have 5 stitches and a severed tendon that goes to my 4 toe. Doctors aren't sure whether it should be fixed or not. You don't really lift that toe too much. But unreal that it happened. Needless to say didn't get done today.

Steering is still under the knuckle and will be for a while, but coming together. Need to finish the raised track bar mount. Also need longer steering box mounting bolts. Between the steel spacer bracket and the stiffeners, need slightly longer bolts. Also my wheels don't clear the new calipers. Spacers have been ordered. We will see how it goes its close and they should work, but don't want to have to change wheels and tires.

Steering is still under the knuckle and will be for a while, but coming together. Need to finish the raised track bar mount. Also need longer steering box mounting bolts. Between the steel spacer bracket and the stiffeners, need slightly longer bolts. Also my wheels don't clear the new calipers. Spacers have been ordered. We will see how it goes its close and they should work, but don't want to have to change wheels and tires.

sweet, i did the swap before my v8 started going in, i wanted to get the used to the brakes before i had much powers

Will work on it, right now the trans slips horribly, and am sure it is robbing me of power. the trans also leaks like a sieve. You can see the puddle in one of the pics. overall I love the feel of the 5.9. Will work on getting some video.

So went to reattach my rubicon express adjustable trackbar, but because the new raised trackbar mount is about 4 inches closer to the center of the axle, the trackbar was too long. I ended cutting about 1" of threads off the adjustable end and cut 2 inches out of the other end and rewarded the bushing end on. Worked out, but took a lot more fab and time than I anticipated. I also hooked up the sway bar end links. The ones I had were really for a 3-4 inch lift, so used the passenger side on the new raised swaybar end link mount, then proceeded to add two inches to the other disconnect. Only a few more things on the frontend. Need to hook up the shocks (waiting on bar pin eliminators to come in) and mount steering stabilizer (may need more Fab work) and bleed the brakes.

Back