• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine swap question

i did take into consideration of trying to reduce intake temps when i had to replace the head on mine. i painted the intake with some duplicolor engine paint and sticking some kind of reflex heat shield. i also had the header poweder coated but the guy didnt seem have many options for high heat. mine had the 331 head that cracked in the notorious spot. i should have looked into having it ported. i stuck a bigger throttle body on i had a cold air on it already and started running 91 octane through it. just havent done a tune since i read that chips and programmers really dont show improvement

Almost all the "cold air " kits on the market don't work!!!! I live in Phoenix where the ambient temps are about the highest you can get but yet I have the lowest "air intake temps" ever reported for the equivalent ambient temp! My 2000 (4.6 stroker) , the head is a new mod 0331 ported to 0630 specs, a ported intake mainfold, a 62mm throttle body, and I run pump "87" with 9.4 CR and I had my ECU internally reprogrammed.

Back