• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2012 build plans?

Not trying to be an a hole. Just trying to save you time and money. Military goodyears are like big all terrains. They would be like 36"s of suck doing what I do with my 36"s and 44/9. Some 15" steel wheels and used 35-37s MTs would still be easy on the pocket and way better on the trail.

Swap the 4:10's from my 96 2.5l jeep to the 98 4.0 and sell the 96. Add 3-4" in the process then when more $ shows up get some 31's to replace the 30's. And add the 2x6 tube I got to replace my rusty rockers and make bumpers..

These plans are out the window... now I have to plan out what all is going to be needed to make the 6.5" springs and control arms work and make the back half match, then get 33's :) I already got the tubing for rockers and a sye. Can't wait for my tax return!

Axel Re-gear
Lockers
trim and bumpstop to fit 35's with the 4" of lift i have.....going for the low cog thing....

I got 36"s on 5" and use my fenders for bump stops :D

Yeah but his is more civilized than yours. Yours is more like the Drunk hillbilly cousin at a fancy wedding! :D

new rubber
install the d44 with 4.10's and maybe a locker
4.10 in the d30 and a locker
replace rockers
install the zj seats that are sitting in the garage
new hatch door?
bumpers?

and a million other things...these are the realistic ones

well life has changed....

now...weld up the 8.8 and install instead of d44
add a leaf to the rear
install drop brackets

and all the stuff from the top :)

Most of this list should be done by Winterfest.

Bump stop solutions front and rear
Front ¾” coil spacers
Long arms
Beefy steering
New shocks
Raise rear lower shock mounts
New center pins
Ditch factory plastic body parts
Fender trimming/cut and fold
Front and rear bumpers
Rocker replacement/sliders
Gas tank skid
Shave rear diff + diff covers
Front extended brake lines
Lockers front and rear
Alloy shafts rear/RCVs? front
456 gears front and rear
Cowl intake
Optima battery
Exhaust wrap on header
New exhaust manifold gasket

For my XJ
Re-gear to 4.88 or do a 44/9" swap
Frame Stiffeners
Long arms
Rear Bumper
Maybe a small expedition trailer

ALSO
I ahve a '90 Toyota pickup the I want to truggy out.

One of these two vehicles needs to drive from illinois to moab, then durango colorado then new mexico and arizona b the summer.

I guess I will finally go full width since I have delayed all these years...may even have something done by WF if I get any motivation...or I may just continue to trip over them in the shop.

-Install the JCR Skid I bought at the x-mas sale
-build up Install the Wagoneer D44 axles (located, just have to pickup when I get back from Italy)
-2x6 Rockers (have the material just have to start cutting)

Hopefully I will have some more time at hope to start turning wrenches!!!

-build up Install the Wagoneer D44 axles (located, just have to pickup when I get back from Italy)

Maybe you should stop traveling so much! :D

If you need a hand, or someone to watch you work while drinking beer and telling you that your doing it wrong, I am about a half hour south of sheboygan :)

Maybe you should stop traveling so much! :D

Travelling at almost no cost > working on the jeep

and a ton of money saved up for more parts :cheers:

If you need a hand, or someone to watch you work while drinking beer and telling you that your doing it wrong, I am about a half hour south of sheboygan :)

I am not sure when I am going to get started on the larger projects, I might try to get the rockers done before Winterfest, depends on other travel plans for work. Going to WF? if so we should get a convoy down.

I am not going to be able to this year, I've got a lot of work to do on my jeep.. I'm planning on it next year though. There should be a bunch of people going right by you from green bay though

Back