• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

too much jeep stuff in college appartment

If you guys are serious about mountain biking at NACFEST, Blue Marsh lake is about 20 minutes away and has SWEET single track around the whole lake. I rode in a MASS SuperSeries MTB race there a few years ago - loads of fun.
ooo singletrack. my favorite.

Looking good. Figure out the stack of pucks yet?
If you guys are serious about mountain biking at NACFEST, Blue Marsh lake is about 20 minutes away and has SWEET single track around the whole lake.
:link1:
It was a joke that started between Andy in PA and I.
;)
I rode in a MASS SuperSeries MTB race there a few years ago - loads of fun.
I was never good enough for that.

Looking good. Figure out the stack of pucks yet?

thanks, and no, not yet. planed on waiting till the plates were in the jeep. and i'll guess and check. it's not like they're hard to get to. i'm guessing only 1 or 2 pucks at the most though. still don't have the new rear shocks in, so everything might change when those go in.

for those that may be interested... i haven't installed them yet, but i'm positive they're going to work. that being said, if i were to make another pair, i might move the hockey puck bumpstop hole out another half inch or so.... just by eyeing everything.
uboltplate.jpg

Last edited:
whats that you say? make another pair? ;)

it's been a little while but i've made some progress on some things went wheeling broke a few things, you know the drill. today i got some work done on the WJ knuckles... not the easiest thing to mount in a milling machine

0518091441.jpg

0518091453.jpg

i zeroed it with the digital angle finder first and small taps with a plastic hammer then i threw a dial indicator in the chuck to find the center of the holes and to check for flatness. i was within .001" on flatness and center, but everything i was indicating on was a little rusty and i'm sure the surface roughness was well more than .001"... came out pretty good. ross... looks like it's your job to burn it home :D

and the knuckle isn't on the flat table ... and the big block in the back is anchored to the zeroed table. and there's a stud through one of the unit bearing mounting holes and another stud through the big part where the u-joint would be and the bar going across was to clamp it all down and i put a small adjustable jack under the arm where the TRE seats to keep it from tipping down

super ninja edit: you can see the little jack thing in the 2nd pic. it's the thing with the little cross-hatching and has a few different height things to stack under it and it has swivel head and adjustable neck thing. damn i love having access to a machine shop.

Last edited:
thanks ross. my only hesitation in that is that wood isn't nearly even close to as stiff as wood. if you find something that works, by all means post up and feel free to advertise. i just really thing that it won't be stiff enough... but good luck.

awww you shoulda just let it be.... :D

:gee: naw i had it right the first time :looser::dunce:

agreed

If you guys are serious about mountain biking at NACFEST, Blue Marsh lake is about 20 minutes away and has SWEET single track around the whole lake. I rode in a MASS SuperSeries MTB race there a few years ago - loads of fun.

i raced this race the last year they ran and have raced in MASS every since wioth the exception of last year

some more updates... the first pic is from the umass car show. 2 of my umass friends and i messing around.... then the second one is the inside of my girlfriend's laptop (which is now back to working condition after she spilled tea on it.) the rest is what i got done today.

0502091719.jpg

0507091228.jpg

some parts to go in
0528091614.jpg

0529091523.jpg

0529091554.jpg

0529091835.jpg

0529092005.jpg

i got a few other little things done but i didn't take pictures of it. more pics tomorrow after more gets done.

sah weet.

my only hesitation in that is that wood isn't nearly even close to as stiff as metal. if you find something that works, by all means post up and feel free to advertise. i just really think that it won't be stiff enough... but good luck.

HA!!!! just to prove that not everyone needs a machine shop!!! i always have wood related stuff at my disposal and i use it as much as i can. i'll make a short piece of wood to go directly under the steering arms when i drill just to make sure it doesnt move on me.

344pqon.jpg

2zdvl9c.jpg

sweet. i definitely used a little thing to hold up the steering arms. looks pretty sweet.

tomorrow will be the real test when i actually drill them, stupid table saw is in the way. what size bit did you use again 3/4"? did you use any inbetween sizes? im thinkin im just gunna hit it with the 3/4" bit, i went from 1/2" to 3/4" fine on my d-ring tabs with no problem.

yes 3/4" and no, just went straight to it. it's already got a plenty large pilot hole (by pilot hole i mean TRE seat).

Back