• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

too much jeep stuff in college appartment

sexay

thanks. yeah it looks like you guys had a real fun time... probably one of the first runs in a while i've missed. oh well. i should be ready for the UJ run on 4/5

...one of the first runs in a while i've missed.

:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

:rolleyes:

:D haha. It does suck missing stuff, but it's just that much more incentive to get stuff done and get wheelin again

drilled and counter bored my hockey pucks for the front suspension on the lathe today. put them in too. i might need to add 1 to each stack, though.

had a weird clunk (well, another one) coming from the front end so i pulled the driveshaft and it went away. got a new one to go in this weekend anyhow.

gee i wonder why i had DW

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/tonythetiger734/?action=view&current=0329091949.flv
note that it does not only go freely side to side, but it has end play too. and the shaft is bent. yuckies.

0329091331.jpg

0326091127.jpg

there's a good chance bill and i will be riding at nacfest, so i felt it necessary to post a pic of mine...

Last edited:
That header looks sharp. Did you install that flowmaster as well? I personally don't like the sound of them on the 4.0L... but it ain't my XJ.
there's a good chance bill and i will be riding at nacfest, so i felt it necessary to post a pic of mine...
Nice try... but you have a drivable XJ... no excuses. We can tow it back if need be. ;)

That header looks sharp.
Did you install that flowmaster as well? I personally don't like the sound of them on the 4.0L... but it ain't my XJ.
not yet... eh we'll see. it was free. i can always rework it.

Nice try... but you have a drivable XJ... no excuses. We can tow it back if need be. ;)
hehe ok ok. i'd bee pissed if i broke it early on and had nothing to do though

Did you install that flowmaster as well? I personally don't like the sound of them on the 4.0L... but it ain't my XJ.

Said the same thing myself :) I don't think they're the worst sound (I hate how mine currently sounds, but it's prettttty low on my list of to-do's before nacfest heh) But, if/when I do it over, I'll probably try and shoot for something like Sean's got on his rig, I really liked how that sounds

I like the color!!! Gary Fisher FTW!

I'm surprised that dowel came out of the head. You can see it out in the picture. It's supposed to be above the front flexable bendy tube.

Since i have not been to NAc fest before... i am wondering if you guys are pretty serious about riding... Cuz i would totally bring my bike...but if not... i might still bring my bike!!
It was a joke that started between Andy in PA and I.
with all this bike talk, im gunna have to question why does no one ride a Jeep mountian bike?
Maybe 'cause they are basically a cheap Huffy with stickers?

with all this bike talk, im gunna have to question why does no one ride a Jeep mountian bike?
bil hit the nail on the head. i've never gotten the chance to use this before.... but it applies here : :puke:

so i may have spent some time in the machine shop this morning. pics to follow. i'll give you the dimensions too, if you're real nice.

0331091226.jpg

If you guys are serious about mountain biking at NACFEST, Blue Marsh lake is about 20 minutes away and has SWEET single track around the whole lake. I rode in a MASS SuperSeries MTB race there a few years ago - loads of fun.

Back