• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

too much jeep stuff in college appartment

yeah, it's gonna be done over spring break. i think it happened at the top of the 2nd run we did the other week with that big pipe kyle got winched over. i was hesitant to hit that fast/hard too... oh well. as long as it doesn't fall apart within the next 4 days

i've been buying myself bday presents.

in the last 24 hours i've ordered:

header (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP...010QQitemZ200317171231QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)
WJ steering components from JKS (tie rod, drag link, 2X .250" spacers, OTA TB bracket, 2 sets of jam nuts)
RE 1665
RE 1670
Summit Machine small flex joint without shank and 12mm bore
Summit Machine trac bar flex joint (1.6" wide)
RH/LH 34-16 rod with jam nuts (http://www.pitstopusa.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=7484)
Summit machine hex tube adapters RH and LH 3/4-16

and last week i ordered 4 remote res edelbrock shocks... mmm upgrades.

Sounds coooooooolllllll. I have a bunch of stuff... I need time to do it :(

ordered a summit machine small flex joint adjustment tool too...

RE 1665
Summit Machine small flex joint without shank and 12mm bore

Just called Anthony and gave him a heads up on this, but in case anyone else is looking to copy his setup the new version of the RE1665 has a 1/2" bolt hole. So the Flex joint will need that same 1/2" size.

ross, that was mostly to you :p a BFH would not make it work through the flex joint though. the hole in the flex joint is 12mm, and the bracket is 1/2" it's .028" difference. not much, but i wouldn't BFH my brand new joints. when you call, just ask him to take care of that and he'll do it no problem :thumbsup:

haha, i dont think i could bring myself to BFH new joints either!!!. thanks for the heads up though, itll save me the trouble drilling the inner ball out.

some goodies came in...

0314092036.jpg

0314092353.jpg

i took the 2 boots off of the rears because i could just slide them over the bottom eye... but the front shocks i need to cut them and i'm not sure i want to yet, but i think i will. the rears measure at a little less than 9.5" of travel... didn't look too close.

this too...
0315090001.jpg

the double threaded adjuster for my trac bar came in today...

also took off my stock uppers and fixed lowers. got the body side of the control arms mounted and not much else. put the 7/8" spacers and adam's old springs in.

what's left for this week (realistically)
connect control arms and get it driveable
go out, get D30 axle seals, angle finder, hockey pucks
set caster
set up bump stops
change D30 seals
change exhaust manifold
refabricate front bumper mounts
change rear shocks and fix passenger side upper mount.

not really that much considering how much time i have.

ps thanks again travis. (and bill, you too)

Last edited:
that hi jack base is amazing. it is so much more useful than it looks

i remember that time you, me, and nick were at the junk yard and i thought of it then. would have been real handy then.

no problemo senor. just know that i'll call you to help me if and when i know you have a final. "hey. i want help. today. now. hm, a final? like i give a shit, get over here." :D hehehh

EDIT: god damn it, i wasted post #3000 hahahahah

some pictures of last week's progress

old and new (and my boot)
0316091051.jpg

ride height

0319091750.jpg

remote res mounted, seam cut and folded, SS line and new hard line
0319091751.jpg

0319091753.jpg

0319091753a.jpg

final product. that's full droop and limitted only by the LCA bracket. i cut/ground as much away as i felt safe. after i put the hockey pucks in, i'll have about 10" travel bump to droop.
0321091753-1.jpg

thank ya!

Last edited:
Back