• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your user name..

Mine refers to what I do. I am a custom home theater/audio installer. I actually picked the name back when I installed car audio and security.

20050307-greenlantern.jpg

Years ago I was setting up some new account online and selected "Don" as a user name. The response was something like "We're sorry, that name is taken - may we suggest Don93400123A". I tried several permutations of "Don" and kept getting system generated garbage names offered to me. "Dammit, I'm alsodon" popped into my head, I tried it and didn't get any crap back from the computer. I've used it ever since with no problems.

Re: Your user name..parsimonious

Does mine really need explanation?

come wednesday, I'll once again own an XJ. after almost 2 years of being Jeepless

so yeah... I'm BAAACK!!! party1:​

TheInstaller said:
Mine refers to what I do. I am a custom home theater/audio installer. I actually picked the name back when I installed car audio and security.

Fun Job ain't it? (I do the same + commercial distributed audio)

Mine cam from the need of a ghost name for a small independant paper I was writeing years ago Perdido= lost or vagabond and the 420 part that is from a former life do I need to explain? :sunshine:

born october 25th. so my sign is SCORPIO and at the time i was coming up with a screen name for messengers. scorpio was always taken, so i added VETTE since at the time my only transportation was a corvette.

i've been thinking about getting a new name since i don't own a corvette anymore, but 1) everybody knows me as scorpio or scorpio_vette and 2) if i do change it i would like to come up with something cool that describes me. like crash or something like that. but i also want something that's creative and can would look ok with scorpio.

IMORTL came from a long time ago... There was this game back in the day called "Joust" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joust_(arcade_game)

it was a 2 player game where you could play nice or play mean....you could kill the other player... well every morning before jr high a bunch of kids would meet at the liquor store to play... I was pretty good... many players never made it through one level when I played before needing to insert another quarter...... they started calling me Immortal.....

Immortal became my video game tag...

Then I got older and began playing those bar trivia games - the ones where you get a WiFi console and answer the questions for points... they olny took 6 letters... Immortal became IMORTL... which was also easier to get on the web... I even got IMORTL as an XBOX tag name... - yes at 37 I still play video games...

Re: Your user name..parsimonious

CheapXJ said:
Does mine really need explanation?

come wednesday, I'll once again own an XJ. after almost 2 years of being Jeepless

so yeah... I'm BAAACK!!! party1:​
bout damn time!

I made mine for aim prolly 10 years ago. My dad had just bought a vette (89) and i was really into vettes. In 83 they never officially made any. Here is some info

http://www.corvettemagazine.com/2000/january/83/83p1.asp

I found it ironic and still like it when people ask me if I have an 83 corvette and I say no I have two

Mine is also easy: Michael T. Newhouse and I drive an XJ, therefore:
mtnxj. It also works that I live in the mountains (mtn is an abbreviation for mountain) and love to trail ride in them.

Well mine is part of my first name and my last name. Lee Walls also I got the nickname while in the military. I just had to add the "im" in front since it said someone had wally.

I have an 89 Limited and my last name if Cox
Hey Powerman I'm a T.O. you should know what that is.
Transmission Operator

Bruce

Back