• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Front Midarm 3 Link Build

I know the lowers came out to 21.25" but I cant remember the upper. The axle seperation is 8.5" right now and the frameside is like 5" I think. I will measure everything tomorrow.

I'm sure you posted this earlier but did you put the upper on the passenger to avoid the whole driveshaft thing?

I'm sure you posted this earlier but did you put the upper on the passenger to avoid the whole driveshaft thing?

Yes. And because all the fuel, ect. lines run down the drivers side. And i would have to build a truss over the diff. for the mount. The passenger side is just simpler.

can i get more pics on how the upper control arm bolts up on the frame side? TIA

_DSC3070.jpg

_DSC3080.jpg
Is that a spacer in those pictures? Why would you do that and not just get the correct rod ends and/or build the mounts to the right width?
Unless I'm missing something and they are temporary?

Otherwise looks good, the blue is sharp.

nice setup

I welded a piece from the innermost side of the UCA mount to the frame to help with movement side to side. I feel better about it now. I also went to test it out a little. I need a little bit longer of shocks but other then that it is great. When trying to pull the front end up something, the tire just climbs instead of wanting to push back then climb. I love it.

SSPX4522.jpg

SSPX4519.jpg

SSPX4520.jpg

SSPX4521.jpg

_DSC3076.jpg

what happens if these two bars are parrallel? jw ha are both lowers the same length? and did you ever remember your upper length?

Back