• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

would this work??

You guys got hooked like big fish. This thread has been totally derailed from the very beginning. :D

:cheers:

yep i did... wow... i was laughing the entire time tho... shouldve known

What's the saying?

Ask a silly question and you'll get a silly answer.

Fun stuff.

Last edited:
What about if you are running a turbo encabulator? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4 Would that help out at all?
That was the most informative tech presentation I have ever seen, I am going to open my own turbo encabulator repair shop now with all my newfound knowledge! I've heard they are working on a far more efficient thermonuclear turbo encabulator! That should shut those hybrid geeks up for a while.

Last edited:
That was the most informative tech presentation I have ever seen, I am going to open my own turbo encabulator repair shop now with all my newfound knowledge! I've heard they are working on a far more efficient thermonuclear turbo encabulator! That should shut those hybrid geeks up for a while.

Hahaha. I lost it at dinglearm.

12" of lift with coilovers?

Damn, with my center of gravity that high.. won't that make me roll if i even drive on a fire road?

I don't want to end up like this tard.

4021176702_a30414eab8_o.jpg

That should work. Is post heat necessary?
Nah, that's only needed on cast iron.

What a fawking 'tard! Of course post heat is needed when welding springs! I suggest 4:30 in the microwave on medium power, you might need to use one of the big microwaves at 7-11 though.

I think I just pissed myself...:thumbup::D

Damn, we need to put you in a home.

However, everyone knows that you can not run coil overs without some sort of axle locator; this is where leaf springs come in.

Don't forget to factor in the driveshaft, the OEM style cylindrical driveshaft is not rated for over 4.5" of lift (that is why the RubiconExpress 4.5HD kit is so popular).

I don't want to end up like this tard.

4021176702_a30414eab8_o.jpg

Tard? No way, that guy is doing some extreme wheeling. Look at the size of that obstacle on the left there that caused him to flop over! Although he's obviously wheeling on trails that are far beyond his abilities.

guys, you're thinking this all wrong.

Just run 40s aired way down and replace the springs with square tube and 18 inch lift blocks. It'll feel like air pillow suspension.

If that guy had a 14-bolt his Jeep wouldn't have tipped. It'd be wide enough and heavy enough to be stable on an extreme sidehill like that.

He might be able to run coilovers as well?

If that guy had a 14-bolt his Jeep wouldn't have tipped. It'd be wide enough and heavy enough to be stable on an extreme sidehill like that.

Everyone knows the 14 bolt is THE BEST axle to use for offroad use.

Everyone knows the 14 bolt is THE BEST axle to use for offroad use.

I'm saving my money for dually axles personally. Those with some nice 16.5" steel wheels and Thornbirds will really get me anywhere!

Idiot, I can't believe we still have training left for you. If he would have had less rotating mass the flop could have been prevented. Think 7.5" Ford young grasshopper.

I find coilovers are not the best for offroad use. All you need to do is use a few treated 2x4s and several rubberbands and the flex is unlike anything you have ever seen.

Don't forget to factor in the driveshaft, the OEM style cylindrical driveshaft is not rated for over 4.5" of lift (that is why the RubiconExpress 4.5HD kit is so popular).

You obviously have not learned anything. Brake lines locate an axle better than anything. I prefer running an inch of rubber followed by an inch of stainless followed by an inch of rubber etc. Seems to work the best this way.
:helpme:

This will work, but you need to tighten till the just start to strip,then back off a quarter turn. You might want to look at the 10 bolt option. Almost 25%
less work.

Yes but make sure you use the lock staples to keep the bolts from backing out.

Grade 9 in triple shear or don't bother.

Yes but make sure you use the lock staples to keep the bolts from backing out.

Grade 9 in triple shear or don't bother.

I agree. the Grade 9 lock staples are a bit on the spendy side, but it's nice not having to replace them every 874 miles.

Back