• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

winter (can we really call this winter?) projects

Welp, got the first part of my winter project completed today, and you can't get the sh*teating grin off my face :D

Just Finished my second project of the winter and hoping that I can wait until next winter before I start the next one. My first project was a cage. I then promptly went out to the desert and blew out a shock and ruined rear springs. Second project RE 4.5 coils with ACOS, Deaver Leafs and Fox shocks.

Bent said:
Front (low profile)and rear bumpers are from C-Rok.
Wasn't going to do the winch so soon, but this last Sunday kinda changed my mind. :D

As far as the axles go, I'm still trying to decide exactly what I want to do. :scratch head:

Funny how those little events can change your plans. Our little mishap earlier in the year pretty much sealed the deal as far as a winch being put on my jeep as well.

Snow SUCKS!! :gag:

Re: winter (can we really call this winter?) projects **Kudos to RIGIDCO*

cbremer said:
i also recently got a rigidco bumper and managed to install it in just over 3 hours, working by myself. i painted it the day before and already had the fenders cut, so i had a bit of a head start :D If you need an extra pair of hands, or just want to use mine for reference let me know!

Yeah, if you want to give me hand on it. I still need to get a power steering pump. I have a newer steering box, and I'm waiting for Mike Lockwood for the
ZJ pitman arm. Maybe sometime early March.

Thanks
Scott Suyeto

btw, were at in Redondo do you live? Have I asked you this before?

sintax said:
Funny how those little events can change your plans. Our little mishap earlier in the year pretty much sealed the deal as far as a winch being put on my jeep as well.

Snow SUCKS!! :gag:
LOL..... after I went to rescue Tim and got stuck..... I bought a winch :D Now I have to redo my bumper :D

Kejtar said:
LOL..... after I went to rescue Tim and got stuck..... I bought a winch :D Now I have to redo my bumper :D

no....you have to redo your bumper because you bent the crap out of it in calico :wave: :laugh3:

sintax said:
no....you have to redo your bumper because you bent the crap out of it in calico :wave: :laugh3:

oh... I fixed that and had a start on a new bumper which was a non-winch bumper (didn't plan on buying a winch for a while)..... and well, now I got a wench:)

Kejtar said:
now I got a wench:)

yea i have one of those too, she wont keep her mouth shut :kissyou:

RisingSun said:
Yeah, if you want to give me hand on it. I still need to get a power steering pump. I have a newer steering box, and I'm waiting for Mike Lockwood for the
ZJ pitman arm. Maybe sometime early March.

Thanks
Scott Suyeto

no problem, let me know when you're ready. you have to unbolt the steering box to install the bumper, so that should make things easy :D

btw, were at in Redondo do you live? Have I asked you this before?

190th/Anza, and i think so ;)

Chuck

Kejtar said:
how good is she when it comes to long pulls?
on second thought.... I don't want to know :D

She actually likes to keep the sessions shorter, but more frequent then other wenches i've delt with in the past.

cbremer said:
no problem, let me know when you're ready. you have to unbolt the steering box to install the bumper, so that should make things easy :D

190th/Anza, and i think so ;)

Chuck

Right on, I'm going to try and get factory pitman arm off this weekend. If not to hell with it! But I picked up a pump, and pulley should get it next week some time. How about Saturday March 5th. If you can make it....if not don't worry, but an extra hand would be handy.

Thanks again.

Scott

I was thinking about what I got to do and din't get to do this winter and figured this thread needed reviving :D
I got the front bumper done (with some help ;) ), got my jeep herculined (halfway), finally got around to building my interior cargo rack (just put the last two bolts in it 2 hours ago).

Still left on the list (or rather got added to the list):
1. Get around to wiring right the front auxilary lights
2. Finish up wiring and put some rock lights underneath
3. Build a low low profile roofrack/platform (kind of like a safari rack but without the sides)
4. Figure out a better way to store a hilift

Bent said:
Let’s see, winter projects.

Finally made a decision on a rack, got it on already. The front and rear lights for it though are still sitting in the box.
F&R lights are on and wired.

Front and rear bumpers are on order and should ship in about a week and a half.
F&R bumpers, steering brace (C-rok) are powder coated and installed

Winch for the new front bumper ordered yesterday and should be here plenty ahead of the bumpers.
9.5 si winch wired and installed and well used.

New battery and a few wiring upgrades to keep my fire extinguisher a virgin.
Excide deep cycle and #1 welding cable upgrade.

If that ground hog was correct, there should be enough winter left ahead for me to avoid having to call these spring projects!

:D

Also got the following done(pretty dam good if you know me)

CB installed along with K40 quick disconect ant.

Front rock lights mounted and wires

Upgrade wire to quick air 2 (mounted in cargo area) to 6ga .

Installed and wired aux. fuse block. (I hate inline fuses)

Installed Rock lizard gas tank skid.

Added heat shielding (oem type) above cat conv.

Made and installed new heat shield for battery

Got the Olympic rack for the cargo area together and figured out how I want to modify (improve) the way it mounts. Should only take another couple of months to put it in though.

That's all.

TIM

EDIT: I also went wheeling. LOTS

Last edited:
GSequoia said:
Projects on the horizon:

Smog check.
Still haven't nailed that one down - about 75% ready for it though, only two wires to go. Have until July 31 :)

GSequoia said:
Maybe an oil change.
Done!
GSequoia said:
Fill the gas tank.
Have done that far too many times.

What else did I do you ask?

Rear main!
Death Wobble Fix (still afraid to exceed 55 mph)
Made a splash shield for the engine
Regular tune up shit
Repaired O2 sensor wiring
Benched throttle body and cleaned the holy hell out of it
Fixed the power door locks (woohoo!)
Fixed the power windows - RH rear window's threaded rod (the guy that makes it move) immediately stripped out three days later.
Some other stuff

In between all that.
Wheeling.

On the list:
Repair AC and refill (blew a line in Pismo - probably directly related to below)
Motor Mounts
Maybe some real suspension linkages?
Figure I'll need tires before the year is out

Sequoia

Kejtar said:
I was thinking about what I got to do and din't get to do this winter and figured this thread needed reviving :D
got my jeep herculined (halfway),

Halfway? You mean the herculine is half way done OR the Jeep is halfway covered with herculiner?? LOL :laugh3:

Seriously, Remi did alot to his Jeep.

As for me, thanks to alot of help from Johnny, Scott, & Remi ... I was able to get front & rear bumpers on.

I also bought an air compressor that I am going to configure to be portable.

This weekend a Banks torque tube header will be going on.

In the very near future:

pemanent mount CB and removable antennea
1.5 - 2 more inches (ACOS, rear leaf pack, shackles)
Bilstein 5100 shocks
SYE & driveshaft
HP D30
4.56 gears
lockers

Distant future:

33's
winch
roof rack

See you on the trails...

Robert

Back