• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where were you ten years ago today?

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
I was right here, wasting time on NAXJA just like usual.

Why do I ask?

Today is the ten year anniversary of our chapter! We've come a long way in these past ten years and we have further to go. I can honestly say I'm proud of our chapter and do not regret hanging around you freaks for the past ten years.

Now who wants to win some stuff? I'll be drawing names as soon as I can get a roster updated up to today.

Have fun. :cheers:

In the fine year of 2003, I had been with Eliza only one year, and we were living in a terrible, horrible, no good section of SB in a one bedroom, cracker-jack apt.

I was playing in an original rock band, Funkin’A, and getting into as much trouble as humanly possible.

Happy bday to the chapter!

Playing with Hondas, Turbos and blowing up 1.6 liter bottom ends.

Found out about you guys in 09'. I've been regretting it ever since :p

I was wheeling..... With some of the original socalxj guys....

I had no idea what a forum was until last year, damn you Kayle!!!!:doh:

So you never actually went to SCXJ I take it? NAXJA has been discussed quite a bit since then. The rivalry has always existed. I still maintain that they're a bunch of ***holes. :cheers:

To provide waaaayy TMI, to what amounts to a bunch of strangers (but the question brought about some perspective) :

In 2003 I was fresh from selling cars and working for Microsoft in Santa Clarita. I had a fun canyon commute from Lancaster, which ended up in a 1 1/2 year long feud between me and a CHP motor cop - who knew that cops didn't like being called an Uncle Tom???

I was single, kidless and living by my lonesome in an apartment with a big screen TV and DSL, with no computer. The DSL was for the Playstation 2. One guy at the local pizza delivery spot would make a point to grab my orders so that he could hang out with me for a bit and we'd drink beer and shit when he brought food - he'd bring me my Camel Wides as well. When I moved, they went out of business - just saying..

I was driving Mustang #5 and street racing. We'd either be in Lancaster, Compton, Bakersfield or Ventura EVERY Saturday night. I think Glen Oaks was burned by this time. I miss Glen Oaks, lol

I was 60 pounds lighter than I am today, on a hiatus from my long time girlfriend (who is now my wife) and fighting with and not talking to one of my best friends, which our families just camped together @ SoCal Fest this year.

So, to 10 years and to good times, bad times and these times - salud!!

whiskey.jpg

Ten years ago, I was wandering around Death Valley, driving rental SUVs, since I already had been living in NY for the previous 15 years. Didn't have any forum communications regarding wheeling, just a simple forum on Death Valley. The thought of buying an XJ was not even a mere glimmer of an idea. I was mulling over restoring my 4wd van I built in the mid 70s. For good or bad, the money I was saving for the van restore has all gone into the XJ now, so who knows if the van will ever get redone.

I want 1/2 the time I now spend on forums back!

David Bricker / SYR

I was 4'6" and only 80 lbs in the 6th grader heavly influenced by Jackass and punk rock learning about "family life" from one of the fattest, ugliest women I had seen in my 12 years of existence my 6th grade teacher! Later that summer I was one of the first kids in school to hit puberty. I shot up to 5' 4" by Christmas time! And had a "girlfriend" who was a in 8th grade! :smootch:

Actually, buying my first XJ which has evolved into Hotlips

I had a shit commute from Calabasas to Fullerton and for the Friday homeward commute I would drive over Las Virgenes to PCH through Santa Monica to the 91. At the time I was looking for a 4wd vehicle to replace my 2wd Nissan.

On Lincoln in Santa Monica there are a bunch of used car dealers one of them deals mainly in SUVs. I saw a Cherokee at one and stopped to take a look at it. The next day I drove my Nissan up there and traded it for the Cherokee.

I was 4'6" and only 80 lbs in the 6th grader heavly influenced by Jackass and punk rock learning about "family life" from one of the fattest, ugliest women I had seen in my 12 years of existence my 6th grade teacher! Later that summer I was one of the first kids in school to hit puberty. I shot up to 5' 4" by Christmas time! And had a "girlfriend" who was a in 8th grade! :smootch:

You're making me feel old man...

So you never actually went to SCXJ I take it? NAXJA has been discussed quite a bit since then. The rivalry has always existed. I still maintain that they're a bunch of ***holes. :cheers:

I can't figure out how to use their stinkin web site and I don't do Facebook!!

I just like to wheel and they were/are a great group to wheel with, then and now.

10 years ago today, I was about to graduate the 8th grade :)

Back