• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where were you ten years ago today?

I was into sport bike and still now. Trackday twice a month on the 2003 ZX636 @ Willows Spring International Raceway - Street of Willows - Pahrump - Button Willow - Laguna Seca.

Didn't Remi set up some side chat to discuss a So. Cal . Chapt. bout 8 or 10 entered into a conversation...

Ed Stevens... WOW !!! a ghost from the past... :yelclap:

Much like Ed. S. same job, house, XJ (& XJ set up), but unlike Ed's situation... same wife & kids.

Geoff isn't that Remi's XJ in the front ?? I think I was on one of those Gold Mtn. runs...

Curt

10 years ago I didn't even know jeeps existed (in my eyes) i owned an 84 Chevy stepside and a pretty fast 87 250r fourtrax quad and spent most of my time riding. It wasn't until about 6 years ago that I found a Cherokee. And Now I'm more into this scene than I ever was for anything else... Only thing I can't get into is the mossy oak gear :)

oh and 10 years ago i was in a band playing all over so cal and mexico getting courted by a few labels. and for a joe job was a superintendent for a single family homebuilder. and i was still pissed off that i sold my 79 j20.

10 years ago I shoulda been in 12th grade, but I was workin at econo lube and smokin doobies in the pit between o il changes... And believe it or not, I knew Kayle666 back then lol!

Hmm. May 2003-- I'd been legally separated for over a year and had bought a townhouse. 10 years later, we're STILL legally separated (it's an insurance thing, not a relationship thing), and I'm still in the same townhouse.

My kids were 8, 10, & 11. Now they're all in college. I worked for the same company. Sort of. Orco got bought out by White Cap in 2009, but they kept me & kept my anniversary date, so their stuff says I've been there for 16 years the 27th of this month.

I had a 1996 Kia Sephia--actually a fun little car. But I couldn't bear to own a Jeep back then, as the two mini-Wagoneers (& our cat) were the only things my ex- & I fought to the death over during our split. Had to sell both Waggies, as neither of us would give them up. Finally got another Cherokee in November of 2004 (birthday present to myself), and have no plans to be XJ-less anytime in the foreseeable future.

Hopefully in 10 years I will
still be with the same company,
NOT be in this townhouse,
still have at least one XJ,
have 3 kids who've successfully finished college & are earning my retirement home money
and
have the same great group of Jeep friends, and even more of them! :party:

Hopefully in 10 years I will
still be with the same company,
NOT be in this townhouse,
still have at least one XJ,
have 3 kids who've successfully finished college & are earning my retirement home money
get around to finishing the treasurer's report
and
have the same great group of Jeep friends, and even more of them! :party:

FIFY

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

I was into sport bike and still now. Trackday twice a month on the 2003 ZX636 @ Willows Spring International Raceway - Street of Willows - Pahrump - Button Willow - Laguna Seca.

If you ever make it down to chuckwalla hit me up I'd be game!

If you ever make it down to chuckwalla hit me up I'd be game!
Tone,
I heard this is very good technical track. Since I haven't been back to the track since 2006 after relocated to Riverside county from LA county.
I sure will keep you posted if i plan doing trackday again.

I was years into the XJ experience by 2003, so the years all run together...

1004_026_zps70e0df75.jpg

One of these Guy's is still fairly active in NAXJA (photo from a much earlier XJ trip than Sequoia's).

In 2003 I owned two XJ's and was driving both in the desert, Big Bear, Baja Mexico, and hanging around NAXJA's forums a lot back then (much more than now).

It's satisfying to read & review that the chapter still maintains 2N04 and actively participates in the SBNF Adopt-A-Trail Program.

I still have my red 88'. I keep it hidden in the desert and pull it out for drivers training duty for my son (and at eleven, now he can now reach the pedals to do more than doughnuts in a field).

10-years for the SoCal Chapter!

:party:

Wow, Ed! Been a long time for sure. Yes, I'm still here. Hehe. I recognize Richard in there. As well as Big Red/Jim C in that pic. R.I.P!

Well, 10 years ago, I was uh, wheeling. With SoCalXJ, and pretty much lurking on and off on NAXJA for about several years before that.

I have some pics from 03. A little from the 4th Annual SoCalXJ event at Truckhaven:
http://mike-g.net/jeep/yinyang/pics/jambo_truckhaven/

And a trip to Coyote Canyon:
http://mike-g.net/jeep/yinyang/pics/coyotec_upper/

I still can't believe these guys walked away from this!! That was a long fall!!

84066EB1-F7BD-490A-B086-456DAA2EBDCC-18443-00000B1093098CB8.jpg

And this is one of my all time favorite rigs!! V8, air bag suspension, caged, and big a** tires!!
DADA54A3-A765-4C82-95FA-35A40410EAEA-18443-00000B109826DD68.jpg

What were you driving back then Mike? I used to wheel with thortons son Bret all the time.

I ran into Kevin at this last socal fest and this same run came up. I was the guy that lost his tent down the side of the mountain right after my wife pulle our son out.

10 Years ago I was converting my 4x4 Ford Ranger to Long Travel to pre-run for the truck I was racing in MDR and MORE. It was my 3rd year in college and I could think of nothing other than off-roading, specifically desert racing. I actually hated XJ's back then, not having a frame seemed like the worst platform to build off!

Fast forward 10 years and I've owned two baja bugs including a class 5 tube chassis race car (funny to me because they don't have frames either!), Raced with or for 7 different teams, and now I'm digging the slow stuff. After owning a TJ for two months and hating the small size, I sold it and bought a mostly built XJ last year. Best decision ever! I've owned the Jeep for 10 months and been on 8 trips already. 8 trips with the race car would have been my yearly salary in gas and other cost.

Back