• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

There is some scary stuff on it. What if you dont want dual exhaust? Just weld a random plate over one side! :twak:
Unfortunately it looks all too similar to the MJ I picked up about a month ago. The exhaust pipe fell off the cat when I unbolted it from the manifold. Hooray for no emissions checks in OK if I ever get it running again.

since when has a crown bag and a wd-40 been beer?

my jeep drew unwanted police attention to myself while i was having a moment sitting on the football field where i spent many nights playing football and watching games, oh yea and it was totally not 4:30am when that happened :p

Did this...

30894_1436265437137_1548000007_3104.jpg

then drove it around the block. Parked it, turned it off, tried to start it, and nothing. It'll get a new battery, some gas, an oil change, and maybe front springs once I get paid.

my jeep got a new intake on last night, i found a killer deal on a rock it intake and ran with it. and today, shes getting washed cleaned up im mounting my maglite and if i can find a fire extinguisher that'll be mounted too

yesterday painted my grill and headlight bezels flat black. looks a LOT better. I'll post pics when i get a chance.

I took it out and had some fun at Bridgeport.
Got stuck in a little mud.
May10BP12.jpg

I love the smell of burnt rubber in the morning.
May10BP50.jpg

Finished the day up on a little drier ground.
May10BP93.jpg

Awesome Brian. How well did the hoodvents affect cooling?

They did their job. It still got hot, and the aux. fan had to kick in a number of times, but you can really fell the heat getting pushed out the vents when it runs. I didn't have any rough idling/stuttering problems like I have in the past.
Now I just need to wire that aux fan so I can turn it on/off by a switch.

brian- I'd be more than happy to help. I wired mine in about a month ago when i replaced my aux fan. Let me know if you need some help. Glad yall had a good time!

painted my taillightslast night and put them on

Ordered front springs for it. Tomorrow it gets on oil change, a battery, and some gas.

EDIT: I LOVE pay day!

Last edited:

cat is clogged. lost about 90% of power on the way home, exhaust fumes were hotter than usual, and i could feel it vibrating and moaning under load. Looks like I'm installing a new one tonight. Break out the sawzall and the welder!

Drove it on some errands to make sure it was ok. I passed Twitch yesterday, and I think it freaked out my XJ, because after I saw him the temp gauge kept going up and down, would show 200 while idling then drop to 100 while running. But it worked fine tonight. :confused1

I have that effect. It's because I'm so electric!

yeah, i got nothing.

on a side note, make sure the plug going into the coolant temp sensor is tight and clean.

OK finally something to post......on time

I checked the front end for the elusive banging I was hearing. Found out my axle joint was a bit loose and it wouldn't take any grease. So upon taking that out I turned my hub bearing by hand and yah you guessed it, it needs to be replaced. So I ordered both pieces from work. In the mean time I have one of my spare hub bearing and small joint shaft in there.

Then I finally got to painting and installing the "Appalachian Armor" t/c skid plate I won at ROM. It installed really quick to.

And somebody tell me why I waited to do these things till it was 107 degrees out and humid as all heck. Thats what our thermometer read in the shade.

Oh side note a couple days ago I installed a new cb antenna cable. Nope still didn't fix it. So Dave and I talked for a bit and came to the conclusion that my radio must have a bad output. So I think I am going to pick up a Cobra 25.

picked up a front passenger window motor from the junkyard, along with liftgate struts, and a factory fog light switch. I now have working liftgate, a working window, cleaner fog light switch, and immense amounts of backpressure lost with the cat i installed last night/today. going to have to find another cat to put in soon.

recently changed out the fluid in the front diff after the gear break in, heli-coiled the front knuckles for the brakes, changed rear diff fluid, checked rear brakes, rebuilt rear driveshaft, installed ruffstuff spring perches, moved shock mounts up on axle, installed last flare, changed oil, installed new cb antenna and the got the trailer in the driveway for this weekends trip

Back