• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Finally got around to doing the doorless mod. Got the driver's side done last night. Had hell with it, but I think it will be much easier on the other side. Do most of you do all 4 doors or just the fronts?

Well you're gonna have a hard time getting your rear doors.

Yeah I need to get around to doing my back doors.

almost got the rear tire carrier done

and half way done with the long arm cross member

got the CAD axle pulled out from under the waggy...ripped the 1 piece axle apart to put big joint shafts in it. measured and set my control arms PB'd every bolt ill have to touch tomorrow. pics to come

You rolled it and kept on driving....badass. Btw, your audio has already been tagged.

yeah, youtube sucks. that was a hard roll but it carried enough momentum to keep rolling onto its tires

Putting some new leaf springs on it, and the longarms this weekend. Will also be doing a lot of fine tuning on other stuff as well. Hope to start on the interior cage soon, and do some 4 point harnesses.

Over the past three months I got the ACOS on, BDS Rear springs and Iron Rock Offroad OTK steering. Now time for alignment. Oh yeah, I also sold my Surco rack. Pics as it sits outside now:
IMG00106.jpg

IMG00105.jpg

IMG00104.jpg

^ nice

I got my rear bumper frame tie ins done. working on crossmember still as well.
put it speedo gear

those flares look like POOP! what were they made to fit?
That"s a little harsh. They are Doug's flares, the guy making them on here. I had to "adjust" the back tails because of my tires stuffing against them cause of the way I had them mounted. I cut them short. But thanks for the compliment.
Anywho, got my JCR Upper Quarter Guards mounted today. Will post up pics when I get a chance.

Today I messed with the "new" jeep. I tried to make it my own alittle. Andrew gave me his old wheels (Thanks DAJEEPMAN) and I trimmed some off the ugly off the front and installed some lights. I still have my old winch bumper but it seems alittle sad to put it on a little baby XJ.

Next things to do is to get 4 ok tires and to fix the saggy back end (leafs and shocks). I may just wait till I lift it for that though. BTW Andrew even gave me his spare so if any one has a good 31in tire for a 15in rim I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Before:
DSC_0183-1.jpg

After:
DSC_0052-1.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

I just realized that the Jeep is dead. No power at all I mean. guess the battery is dead. Oh well.

Back