• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

Looks good Crusher

Thanks. These Rustys springs are SOFT. Next week or so I'll pick up some 1" or 1.5" spacers to lift it a we bit more. Trying to get it to sit level with the rear.

Mine needed the 1.75 spacer to level it out. (or you could pull a leaf out of the rear pack)

I think the rear end is sitting at about 3.5" of lift. I got some time to decide. I'll go measure everything later.

Anyone know the stock height from the center of the wheels to the flares or however you measure it?

Limo black tint around the back and back doors, and 35% on the front seat doors, and they fixed it so I dont need to be in park brake to watch videos on the head unit.

i've been a bit busy lately, but in the past few weeks i've done all this stuff:
IMAGE_076.jpg
IMAGE_082.jpg
IMAGE_081.jpg
IMAGE_080.jpg
IMAGE_079.jpg
IMAGE_078.jpg
IMAGE_077.jpg

Took some photos of it.

_MG_8374.jpg

_MG_8361.jpg

_MG_8355.jpg

Had to swap a fuel pump out on the trip back from SMORR. Pissed me off that I had to buy one when I have two good ones at the house. Oh well... next time maybe I'll remember to put one in the trail spares box.

Overall great weekend. Desperately need a front locker though :)

Well got my long arms all installed, and I closed on my shop yesterday (it is about dang time), but now I am just kind of in a blah mood about stuff. I haven't been wheeling since ROM, and that was a disaster. I have been toying with the idea of selling my jeep, and starting over with something completely different. Haven't had much luck selling it, even though I am willing to do some trading. Thought about maybe even parting it out or something. I am supposed to go to Superlift this weekend, but don't know if funds are going to allow it now that I bought the shop. LOL I am just not sure what I am going to do.

something that fixes me is just going out and wheeling. i go through it all the time, the only thing that fixes it is to stick it in 4lo and go...... but with the money issue i can see that as a problem as well

started on a drum job, found out the shoes were still good the springs just needed to be cleaned a little, and noticed my rear u-joint didn't seem tight. ran to autozone, picked up a new one, and got back home to tear it apart. got the shaft out in about 3 minutes. Spent the next 1 1/2 hours trying to install the new joint. I couldn't get enough room for the life of me to get both caps on the shaft yoke to sink down enough to get both circlips on. realized one cap wasn't seating against the joint, so took it apart and found that when i slid the cap on the joint, 2 needle bearings had found their way to the inside of the cap. took it off, put the needle bearings back in, greased them up, and took me about 10 minutes total to get the u joint in the yoke, get it on to the rear end straps, and drive away. Damn bearings!

Well, I picked up another one! 91 4.0, picked it for cheap because previous owner couldnt get it to run, the pick-up screen on the fuel pump was clogged! :cheers: Paint is faded but not a lick of rust anywhere! Not sure what I am going to do with it, definitely 4wd conversion for sure...

MJ2001.jpg

MJ2006.jpg

MJ2008.jpg

MJ2007.jpg

Flexed it a little.

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

ran some lucas x3 octane booster and some lucas top end/injector cleaner through my jeep and now it has some ho power. and i started on my exhaust.

Back