• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What the hell...

All they need to do is convict the guy that threw his kids off the bridige, the put him in Genpop. He wouldn't last a week. The torture would be in knowing what bubba was gonna do to him for hurting children.

Whoah guys!

It appears that after talking to his lawyer, that he decided that he didn't do it after all.

"I didn't do it" story HERE.

===

Imagine...if we had actually hurt the poor little guy...and he was innocent all along. tsk, tsk, tsk.

Shame on us hatemongers :D

It's lawyers like his that make me have almost ZERO respect for that side of the profession. His lawyer is almost no worse than he is.

And after reading THIS THREAD I was thinking that impaling him with a tree or two would be fun.
I guess I can't do that if he's innocent.

I still vote for an uninhabited island in the middle of the pacific....

drop the rapists, murderers, drug dealers, felons....basically, anyone who has proven that they are unfit to live in our society. Take them out and just drop them on the island. Make sure you leave lots of knives there so they can all just kill each other.

Or lots of fire ants....

Ooooh! GOOD IDEA

How about Giant Radioactive Ants.
And other assorted b-rated monsters from MST-3000 :thumbup:

21701757_them_lg.jpg

can we put frickin' laser beams on their heads...? :)

You know what goes around comes around. I believe there should be a law where if you do harm to someone without just cause the same pain should be inflictid on you. :explosion The ant idea is awesome though, I am sure you could make good money charging people who want to view the slow death and laugh at the guy.

JNickel101 said:
can we put frickin' laser beams on their heads...? :)

"I think every creature deserves a warm meal."

Oh - and on the topic of defense attorneys. If there's a reasonable belief that he damn sure did do it, then here's the gig...

A public defender may be assigned to the case without consequence. If he hires a private attorney, or a private attorney provides himself as advocate for the defense in a heinous case like this, then he can share in the fate of the defendant if he should lose.

That should get these scumball ambulance-chasers and shyster defenders shaken out of the system. "90% of laywers give the rest a bad name" - I know a few, and have a few as clients myself, so I know they're not all bad. Mainly the criminal defenders and "personal injury" attorneys...

JNickel101 said:
I still vote for an uninhabited island in the middle of the pacific....

drop the rapists, murderers, drug dealers, felons....basically, anyone who has proven that they are unfit to live in our society. Take them out and just drop them on the island. Make sure you leave lots of knives there so they can all just kill each other.

Or lots of fire ants....

That would be pretty much exactly like the movie Condemned

Rapist, murderers yea. But felons? There are some petty things you could do to get a felony charge. You gonna throw all the weedshop owners in CA over there too???:D

RyanM said:
Rapist, murderers yea. But felons? There are some petty things you could do to get a felony charge. You gonna throw all the weedshop owners in CA over there too???:D

True - a distinction needs to be made. Felons convicted of "crimes against the person" (rape, robbery, assault, murder, &c.) who will not reform or who committed their assault unprovoked should be divorced/cast out from society. There have been cases of an individual being convicted of felonious assault or manslaughter in self-defence - and the laws that allow that sort of thing to happen can and should be reviewed.

Crimes against property (burglary, et al) are fuzzier. The difference between robbery and burglary? Robbery is "deprivation by force, coercion, or threat," while burglary is "deprivation by stealth or guile." And, the limits on felony burglary were set quite a few years ago - and not adjusted for inflation.

Then, there's the distinction between malum in se ("wrong on its face") and malum prohibitum ("wrong because we say it's wrong.") The weed shop is an example of the latter - if there's no associated crime to "feed the habit," then what's so wrong? As long as you don't go around driving or doing sensitive work under influence or incapacity, I don't have a problem with it. Besides, one of the best steps we could make in the "War on Drugs" would be decriminalisation - that would immediately reduce the street crime associated with the drug trade, as the prices would drop. Since it's legal, it can be taxed, regulated, and controlled (much like alcohol,) and the funds generated thereby can be put into rehab programmes. Not that I'm a huge fan of taxes, regulations, or controls - but there's always hope that our elected officials can do something bloody useful.

But, this could quickly change direction into a multilogue about our current legal system and the state of criminal justice, and I'm not sure that would fit in with the original intent of the thread (in the direction it can and probably would take.) Fuel for another discussion...

I think a better solution would be to firebomb all the drug "fields" in south america, to include the kingpin's house....and yes, drug dealers belong on "my prison island"...

sorry, i have no tolerance for drugs and/or their abusers....

True.... Pot heads going out committing crazy crimes and shooting up people is on the rise........... We should promote more Beer! wait we already do!

JNickel101 said:
I think a better solution would be to firebomb all the drug "fields" in south america, to include the kingpin's house....and yes, drug dealers belong on "my prison island"...

sorry, i have no tolerance for drugs and/or their abusers....

Believe me, I'm no fan of pushers or abusers. However, I posit my idea of decriminalisation under "What we're doing isn't working, so let's try something else." Criminalisation of drugs is probably what's gotten us in the mess we're in now. A couple of other models:

In Egypt, the hookas in the street cafes were loaded with a mild hashish. No trouble.

In Turkey, domestically-produced drugs are perfectly legal. It's a capital offence to import dope, but if it's made there it's no trouble. No noticeable drug issues there.

In Amsterdam, everything's legal. Not that big a problem there, either.

Face it - while there are known psychological, physiological, and psychomotor effects from the use of narcotic drugs, the principal problem has been the crimes associated with trying to "score a fix." This is because the prices are so high. That is done to maximise return on investment, cover associated legal expenses, and to allow one to operate for as little time as possible when working under the eyes of the law. If drugs are decriminalised, prices will drop and the street crimes should resolve themselves in short order.

Also, once they're decriminalised, they can also be taxed. The revenue generated (as I said, I'm no fan of taxation. However, it's a large part of life now...) can be put into education and rehabilitation, and we can work on the drug problem at its source, funded by its source, without placing a massive drain on the economy. You think prisons are helping? Dream on...

The source of the problem is, of course, demand. Some people have an addictive personality - and they'll get hooked on pretty much anything. The trick is to identify that sort of personality.

Educate people to let them know that dope may make you feel good, but coming down makes you feel worse than you did before you go up. That's part of why people try to stay high all the time - so they don't come down and feel worse.

Is there legitimate use for narcotics? Sure - that's how they got started in their purified form anyhow. Dentists and EENTs use cocaine as a topical surgical anesthetic. Morphine (derived from opium. In turn, I think heroin was derived from morphine) was - and is - used in post-surgical and post-traumatic pain management in the short term. And, a good number of synthetic narcotic painkillers are attempting to duplicate the function of morphine without the addictive side effect (or to reduce it, and allow longer-term use.) Cannabis is used to manage pressure in the eyeball in severe cases of glaucoma, THC is extracted and administered to stimulate appetite in chemotherapy patience, and THC (in whatever form) can also be used to manage chronic pain (which, believe me, hurts. I've got enough of it myself, but weed is illegal, and likely to remain so. So, I just deal with it - but I find it tiring. Surgical intervention is unlikely to help.)

The main problem that has lead to narcotic drugs has been one of purification - as we tried to make them stronger (to minimise dosing,) the effects became more pronounced. Then, they went underground. Since narcotics can be extracted from natural sources using simple chemical methods, we're not likely to get rid of them (meth is an exception - methamphetamine can be extracted from pseudoephedrine, which is why you can't get good sinus medication over the counter anymore.)

Should Dealer McDope be cast out? Certainly - he capitalises on suffering. If drugs are decriminalised, the potency can also be controlled (reduced) - which will reduce the "coming down" effects, and help to reduce addiction. The common strength can be agreeably low, and lower "steps" provided for those who need to wean themselves off of whatever they're taking. Providing "low-concentration" narcotics will probably still result in an underground for "the good stuff," but we can counter that by making dealing in drugs underground a capital offense, since it's easy enough to get something otherwise. Waste a few of these guys, and people might start thinking twice about dealing.

Also, negotiate treaties that will allow us to hunt down and kill "drug lords" that continue to try to import dope into the States - again, it's easy enough to get something useful, but let's adopt a variation of the Turkish model. Grow it here, get it here, use it here. Bring it in the country and we'll waste you. Have mules bring it in - we'll waste them and find you and waste you as well.

Make sense?

Back