• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is your XJ used for?

What do you use your XJ for?

• Bone Stock...Street driven only

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Bone Stock...Wheeled once in a while

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Bone Stock...Wheeled all the time

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Modified...Street driven only

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Modified...Wheeled once in a while

Votes: 140 46.8%
  • Modified...Wheeled all the time

Votes: 76 25.4%
  • Total trailer queen.

Votes: 11 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My 89 2dr sport with 279000 on the clock is in the back of my shop now but I used to wheel it every week or so until it got too tired and deserved a little r & r and some major surgery after 15 years of almost trouble free service. It had 3in lift with 31s. I made up my mind to restore it, that way I could take my time and collect parts and do mods whenever I get the time. I have a year or so to get it done. My plan for it is to drive it to Alaska and see something new. I have a trailer full of parts just waiting for a chance to go on it ( warn 9000, all the skids, 4 1/2 lift, bumpers, new interior, new body parts, 31s, 44, rims, ax15, almost all the parts for a stroker and much more.)All I need is time to put it all together, a little paint and it will be ready to go. After all is said and done I will beat the snot out of it again only because that is what it likes.

Hmm... I put "Modded, wheeled all the time"... My '87 is not my primary vehicle and has so-so street manners, so it gets driven to the trail and back, and around town when I feel like it.

At first when I had my turbo civic, it was a "winter vehicle"... basically my plan was to drive it in the winter and around town some, maybe drive half and half with it and the civic to work, then in the winter, park the civic and only drive the jeep. I actually did this for one year, then I sold the civic.

Then it was my daily driver/wheeler on 32's. After I sold the civic, I had money to spend on it, so I lifted it a little, put some swampers on it and welded the rear axle. Drove it daily for almost 6 months about 60 miles a day in the sweltering hot heat with no A/C.

Then I caught a bug and bought something else for a daily driver (Acura), so the Jeep could go into the shop for the winter/spring and come out as a trail rig. I've since sold the Acura and bought an '85 Toyota pickup which gets me around town and back, but can't drive on the freeway yet due to heat issues, so if I have to go a long distance on the freeway, I take the Jeep with it's 36" Iroks, spooled rear end, and crappy gas mileage. It makes it there and back though without overheating. :)

unless GOD reaches down and changes cali's smog laws, my 85 will never see the street ( leagaly ) again, and the pole says trailer queen, not the true title of Trail Rig or Off Road Only Rig! to be fare you really should include that title, i mean trailer queen sounds so degrading for such massively modified and awsome pieces of equipment!:laugh3:

steagall9301 said:
unless GOD reaches down and changes cali's smog laws, my 85 will never see the street ( leagaly ) again, and the pole says trailer queen, not the true title of Trail Rig or Off Road Only Rig! to be fare you really should include that title, i mean trailer queen sounds so degrading for such massively modified and awsome pieces of equipment!:laugh3:
Dude mine pretty much goes everywhere on a trailer and I put it up there. :D
There was no disrespect intended.

there was no selection for....

"taking up space on jackstands in the garage since may of 2004"

mac 'not enough time or money' gyvr

I voted modified, wheel all the time. Mine is currently my DD, but soon its gonna go under the knife and get ready to start its new life. Im really making the transition from stock to a bit modified, 2" BB, 31's, no swaybars, hacked fenders. Im currently working on a "tow rig" so the 95 will just sit in the shop and work on it when I get the cash flow.

My '87 with 172K is mostly a DD with occasional trail use. I bought it as a smashed up stocker a couple years ago - 31's and 5" lift on stock gears that need to be upgraded, homeade front bump, extra lights, D44, and some other junk. I don't usually have time to wheel but I usually go all out when I do. I don't care about dings or scratches and the throttle is usually mashed to the floor in 4LO. I break stuff, witch needs to be fixed asap so I can drive it the 10+ miles to work everyday! Stupid and expensive! I hope to buy a cheap DD car and go more hardcore with the XJ someday... Not babied on the streed either.

DrMoab said:
Dude mine pretty much goes everywhere on a trailer and I put it up there. :D
There was no disrespect intended.

i know, no sweat, i was smileing, see:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Jes said:
I use mine as my daily driver.
It's mostly stock and I don't go wheeling because I don't want to scratch it.
i can see the dont want to scrath it part, but if you are careful enough you wont sracth it more than a light buffing will take care of and if need you can have a door repainted for about a hundred buck, i have many times and going through some trails you dont ahve any problems

Here's what I use mine for besides a daily driver!

Favorite flex shot too!!

100_5384.jpg

Total trailer queen. Body could pass as legal but the tires, hydro steering and other things make it not legal.

NAC-Fest05058.jpg

NAC-Fest05049.jpg

Pete

PeterBuilt said:
Total trailer queen. Body could pass as legal but the tires, hydro steering and other things make it not legal.

Including using your mom's cutting board for a skid plate?

Scaring my checkbook.

Helllloooooo
it's a Cherokee.
Groceries anyone?

XJs are no good for wheeling.
They have unibodies and stuff like that.
They'll fold like a taco if taken off road.

I try to be careful with how large a grocery load I carry in mine.

Lawn Cher' said:
Including using your mom's cutting board for a skid plate?

No he didn't get that from his mom. His mom would've beat the crap hasta outta him for taking it from the kitchen. He stole it from the pizza parlor he works at.

DrMoab said:
What do you use your jeep for?

Well, currently it is used for hauling junk to the dump and old furnature to the salvation army.... Stuff like that.

But my brother recently got into rock crawling ( in a TJ) and since my XJ is not my DD, I'm planning a 4" lift and some 32's - and probably a bit of armor - so that I can join him.

But for now, is really is a utility vehicle. Maybe I'll add some SPORT to it later this year.

Its HER wagon, so no wheeling (yet), just usual Mom stuff. But its also used to trailer the YJ when we go on wheeling weekends.

Back