• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is your XJ used for?

What do you use your XJ for?

• Bone Stock...Street driven only

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Bone Stock...Wheeled once in a while

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Bone Stock...Wheeled all the time

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Modified...Street driven only

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Modified...Wheeled once in a while

Votes: 140 46.8%
  • Modified...Wheeled all the time

Votes: 76 25.4%
  • Total trailer queen.

Votes: 11 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
old_man said:
My XJ is used for therapy. Much cheaper than a shrink. When I get too grouchy, my wife sends me to the garage to work it off.

Yeah - I get that too. I guess that's why I have so many of them now - that way, I've always got something to go work on (or melt metal, or... That reminds me, I've got to build that melting furnace sometime soon...)

5-90

Okay, here's the question Ryan...

What's your idea of "All the time?"

In my opinion I'm modified and wheel somewhere between one in awhile and all the time...

modified 95 .goes wheeling when ever i have free time.which since moving to Utah has pretty much been every day it's not broken for the last 5 months

I'm a weekend warrior in a bone stock 2001 XJ sport 4x4. It's my DD and still under warranty! It was bought last year as a certified pre-owned. That gave me a 7yr or 70k drivetrain warranty and it has 15K on it now :)

I use mine as my daily driver.
It's mostly stock and I don't go wheeling because I don't want to scratch it.

I had to vote "Modified - Wheeled once in a while." Unfortunately, I have too many other things I have to do, so at best, I'm only able to get out once a month.

Les

Mine's bone stock, all I've done is put slightly wider tires on to be able to drive in all the sand we've got here. But I still manage to take it offroad most weekends, and occasionally during the week to a place called Sh!t Creek.

bone stock, DD. I'll go play in the mud when I can. Haven't been lately cause I don't feel like cleaning up the mess afterwards....lol. That and I've been waiting till i can get some money for better tires...which if I have my way this weekend, wouln't be a problem anymore :)

GSequoia said:
Okay, here's the question Ryan...

What's your idea of "All the time?"

In my opinion I'm modified and wheel somewhere between one in awhile and all the time...
Well, I voted Modified and wheeled all the time. Even though its almost a trailer queen. However it is still licenced and I drove it 200 miles a couple of weeks ago to go wheeling.

But....It never gets driven just to drive it. Its either going to a NAXJA deal or wheeling. Other then that it sits in the garage. I guess thats what I meant by all the time....If you put more miles on dirt roads or going to a dirt road then pavment.

My XJ has to do double duty now that I am selling my car. It use to be my winter DD and summer trail rig. Now its a full time DD, camping vehicle, wheeling vehicle, kid transporter and constant maintenance queen. I try to wheel at least once a month with her and still get back and forth to work.

Haven't done much 'wheeling with my '98, right now it's a DD/Family Flier in need of tires before too long. The only mods have been airshocks in the back, Mobil 1 oil, MPP 7.5mm wires, Bosch Platinums, drop in K&N, and Ventvisor window covers, and I'm seriously considering P235/75/15 Wrangler SilentArmors and RS5000's on the front.

Where is the option for in pieces around the garage, causing welding slag on the floor, attributing to beer cans spread out on every shelf, helping out with random chunks of metal all over, and making the wife mad?

My 95 Sport is my DD. Last summer I wheeled her atleast 2 times a week and tore up alot of sh*t(she was bone stock back then). Since last July she's only been on the road for 3 months cause of things going wrong. Now I have her almost ready to drive again so I can break more stuff. Heres some of the goodies i've added since then, D44 rear, 1.5" lift 30" tires on TJ Canyon wheels, new hubs, frt drive shaft, axle ujoints, new rear leaf packs and radiator. She hasnt seen any real wheelin since last July but hopfully that will change the 2nd of this July.

88 stock, upgraded fuel,air,exhaust,charging,cooling... DD for 30k, wheeled 5 or 6 times.

90 stock, been in 4wd twice since I bought it, just to see if it was working. DD for a couple weeks.

89 modded beater, runs great, but folded, spindled & mutilated chassis. DD for 8k.

89 MJ modded beater, used to run great, see 89 above. DD for 17k.

87 MJ beater/parts truck, never driven.

Anchoring the driveway for now with at least a bad head gasket if not the entire head. Previously only used for DD and working a few years ago throwing the paper. But then it's a 2WD.

Sarge

not wheeling is certainly not an option.... although the XJ is the daily driver, it wheels when the YJ trail-rig isnt able to for one reason or another...

standard

Mine spends most of its life sitting in my garage on stands because everything that could possibly go wrong with something Im installing or...an actual shop is installing goes wrong. What an angry and poor person this little project has made me : )

Back