• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is your XJ used for?

What do you use your XJ for?

• Bone Stock...Street driven only

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Bone Stock...Wheeled once in a while

Votes: 39 13.0%
  • Bone Stock...Wheeled all the time

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Modified...Street driven only

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Modified...Wheeled once in a while

Votes: 140 46.8%
  • Modified...Wheeled all the time

Votes: 76 25.4%
  • Total trailer queen.

Votes: 11 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mine is my toy. I have a car for my DD... the jeep is bone stock because I can't afford to put any more money into it than I have to to keep it running.
Right now it's out of commission until I can get it reinspected.

It was getting wheeled at least twice a week until I stopped being able to drive it on the road, now it sits in the driveway and taunts me.

sidriptide said:
not wheeling is certainly not an option.... although the XJ is the daily driver, it wheels when the YJ trail-rig isnt able to for one reason or another...

standard
It looked cooler when I saw it with the little TJ wheels.

Modified..... Yard art.
Modified..... Money Pit.
:repair:

Not a daily driver or a trail rig, well, as of now, for a while. I have only put 600 miles on it since December, coincidently the last time I set a tire on a trail. And it doesn't look like things will get much better rest of this year.

I use mine for everything!!!
wheeling, working, chillin, living- no, wait, that was just that one night!

naw... but seriously.. mine is my daily "beater..."
work during the day, wheel at night, and still clean her up, and cruise the beach...
just an all around good toy...

gotta 'luv the XJ.... wish it were a soft-top tho...

Mine 89 2 dr 4 wd is a daily driver to get back and fourth to the Shipyard 50 mi each way .

My Wifes is the same ,96 2 dr 2 wd ,but at a diffrent place tp work ..... Love living WAY out in the Country !!

Got a 87 4 dr 4 wd in Georgia got for $300 and going to fix it up for a trail Hunting / camping / fishing Rig Need to put a fuel tank and starter in it when I go there to see how it does ........ ONE DAY !!

Yucca-Man said:
Currently: holding down my driveway.

Agreed, this needs to be a poll choice.

something like "Garage/Driveway ornament"

got one in the garage, one in the driveway, neither are drivable and neither probably will be anytime soon because God f**king hates me.

CheapXJ said:
Agreed, this needs to be a poll choice.

something like "Garage/Driveway ornament"

got one in the garage, one in the driveway, neither are drivable and neither probably will be anytime soon because God f**king hates me.
Like he said, one in the back alley, on at a shop, and one in the driveway because there isn't enough room in the garage again for it.
I did take mine out last weekend and wheel it, threw a wheel weight and now it shakes again.

Modified and wheels occasionally, although with testing and graduation I haven't been able to wheel at all (plus, february and march broke my wallet and my jeep). I do have a tow rig now, though. Yeah, now I have two broken vehicles LOL

94 Sport started life as a 2WD. Spent 3+ years as a daily driver. Currently in another rebuild stage to attempt building something i can wheel moderate/hard trails with and still jump in and drive cross country for camping/exploration.

Alaska bound in 08. :)

My 85 wagoneer is a trail only jeep and gets wheeled about every weekend when not being worked on but right now sits in the garage waiting for the 8.8 rear axle, new rotors and calipers up front, and new engine. Just replaced the engine and now I need to do it again since there is a connecting rod knock which I don't think will last another trail ride.

Mods are:

3" lift, 31" BFG's, custom back bumper, gas tank skid, front hitch, and a few more goodies.

Kim.

I’m somewhere between Modified-Wheeled once in awhile to Modified-Wheeled all the time.

I traded a 2wd Nissan PU for, at the time, a bone-stock Cherokee to get to the hunting and fishing spots the 2wd couldn’t get me and to tow our tent trailer. I swapped out the stock suspension for OME and went to CO for the MHJC All 4 Fun event. We saw how much fun wheelin’ was and moved up to 31 BFG AT’s. After a couple of runs at Big Bear I decided I wanted to build a rig that capable of doing 90% of the stuff out there and went to 33’s and a Detroit. Right now I’m messaging things so that the XJ is reliable on and off road.

My DD is a company truck, so te main mileage comes from when I just feel like driving the Jeep or headed out on a trip somewhere.

Wheelin' can be anything from fireroads to Calico. In a coupl of weeks we're off to Swamp Lake with the SoCal and Sierra chapters and in August 10 days camping/exploring/fishing/geocaching/hunting in the eastern Sierras around Mono Lake.

Mine is a daily driver with some mods to it. Take it out mudding every now and then when it rains, no rocks yet though...........

I answered Modifed and wheeled once in a while. But I also street drive it sometimes. Not my DD. I'm thinking of picking up another one to keep stock and just drive the hell out of it. But that is secondary to other goals right now.

Well so far I'm the only one who checked the modded, and never wheeled. I have had it out on a few lite trails, and plan on hitting up a few more so I gess I could have checked the modded and wheeled once in a while. I'm kind of wussing out till I can get some protection on her, and the still very nice dark blue tends to show the scratches quite easly. That and the fact I have to depend on it to get me to work. I'm wanting to get a older 4.0-AW4 two door for cheep strip the interier, pull the doors, cage it, whack the fenders slap on some 31's 'till I can get some better axles with proper gears, and 4/5" lift under it. Then throw on a set of 35's

Back