• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is you good beer?

All you PBR loves are just wrong!
The BEST cheap beer is by far Schlitz.

Schlitz.jpg

To answer a question from a couple pages back... I tried the Bud Light with lime and it was no substitute for Corona. To limey. So limey I thought it might give me lime disease.

X3 on Dogfishhead 90 minute IPA.... if I feel like getting wasted

Otherwise I'd say a Yingling or an Amber Bock, just the right amount of freshness and taste. mmm

For cheap tasteless beers I'll say Coors light.

Last edited:
schaub7 said:
OK i was told i need to post. I guess i don't do it enough.
It's Widmer heff or drop top all the way.
Yes i am a beer snob.
to all you bud, coors, and the like you need to broaden your horizons.

Widmer hef... you need to broaden yours too.

XJ Stryker said:
Have any of yall tried the new ones

Miller Chill and that bud with lime

I am a sucker for commercials and they make them look good. What is the consensus here

Never triied the BL lime (but I pretty much hate bud-not that I think I'm too good for it. Just that half their billboards are in Spanish. Not that I am racist, I just think they're catering to a specific group.:D)

I had a sip of Miller Chill and I thought I was going to puke. My father in law likes it and to me it tastes like a lime wedge coated in salt......bleh....

Any of the Kokanee's, Alaskan Amber, and Pike's Kilt Lifter... Mainly I drink kokanee though... as a matter of fact Im drinking one right now... cheap and delicous or however you spell that lol

These days, only rarely do I have a commercial beer in the fridge.

I like whatever I brew.

Skwerly said:
Keystone Light, baby! That's what us po' folks drink :)

The base exchange started selling this, comment from the manager was the Admiral requested it.

I drink MGD. My brother in law drives the beer truck and I want to keep him employed and not moving in with me.:laugh3: I also like Alaskan Amber Ale.

darincraft said:
What do you brew? Porters, stouts, lagers?
All ales, from cream ale and kolsch, to porters and stouts. I'm not set up for lagering.

Well sierra nevada brewery is right across town but Im not a fan. Either guiness, beamish, or firehouse brewing co. for me. I like the later because proceeds go to a good cause. Plus its a damn fine hefe.

schaub7 said:
OK i was told i need to post. I guess i don't do it enough.
It's Widmer heff or drop top all the way.
Yes i am a beer snob.
to all you bud, coors, and the like you need to broaden your horizons.

Widmer's is made by Bud:roflmao::looser:

Tell me more. I keep seeing Firehouse in Save Mart (S-mart anywhere else) and wanted to try, but there is so many other brands that I know I like. I would be interested in trying it if the money goes to a good cause.

downhillracer said:
Well sierra nevada brewery is right across town but Im not a fan. Either guiness, beamish, or firehouse brewing co. for me. I like the later because proceeds go to a good cause. Plus its a damn fine hefe.

Its made by third generation firefighters, a portion of the proceeds goes to aiding the families of the 343 and other victims of the 9/11 attack or so says the label. I checked their website and it looks pretty legit. Anyways it is a very good beer when its hot and I dont want something dark. Try it out!

coors lite for the most part, black butte porter is amazing. alaskan brew co makes an awesome smoked porter, and bison brewing co makes a delicious red ale, and the best chocolate stout ive ever had. guiness is always good too. negro modelo and dos equis amber are two of my favorites as well. firestone double barrel is pretty good for a malty amber ale....

Back