• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is you good beer?

I use to enjoy a cold Rolling Rock when I would BBQ, you could drink a ton of them and not get hammered, but since Bud bought the company I won't touch it.

Yuengling
Sam Adams Lager/Black Lager
Fat Tire
Any good German HefeWeisen (there isn't supposed to be lemon in a Hefe)

If it's good enough for Billy Dee it's good enough for me ! :worship:

billydee.jpg

MoparManiac said:
Stella

I haven't tried a lot of other beers, but I'm not a fan of some of the Sam Adams stuff.

If you like Stella try some of the light ales and lagers. I know you said you don't like Sammy, but try their pale ale, it's the only one that doesn't have the signature Sam Adams hoppy flavor (to me). Also Blue Moon Honey Moon, Kentucky Lager, St Paulys Girl, anything Hefeweizen. Those beers have a little better palet, a fuller flavor but are still light enough to drink multiples.

I like a lot of the microbrews, but it's mostly their darker stuff.

Now if you want to go with a good cheap beer, I'm supprised nobody mentioned JW Dundee's Honey Brown. It's smooth without not being light. I can drink that all day.

Warstiener Dunkel
Boulevard Wheat
Yuengling
Fat Tire
Boulevard Irish Ale

And if I am "boat drinking" in the hot ass summer sun, Miller Lite.

I like the New Belgium 1554 mentioned earlier, and got hooked on Yuengling vacationing in Florida this spring... But FTW, its Red Hook ESB, and the best beer in the world: O'Dell's 90 Shilling -- mmmmm.

Anything from Left Hand Brewery (especially Milk Stout), and Big Sky hit the spot for me. Off the top of my head, I also enjoy Negra Modelo, Bohemia, Black Butte Porter, Anchor Steam's Porter, Newcastle, Smithwicks, Guinness, Harp, and Corona/Landshark for my cheap beer. I work for a fairly large distributor that has some really good craft beers in it's portfolio, so I have access to some good stuff for pretty cheap ($3 a case).

red91 said:
My beer packs a punch !!!
and what does that pic have to do with beer? you just had a few and like that chick? or is she hiding a beer somewhere we should know about :gag:

She could be hiding it in her,.....

glove :D

UNIBREW - Quebec

Since 1997
3pistoles-medaillon.gif

Type
Strong Dark Ale, refemented in the bottle
Alcohol
9 % alc./vol. Color Dusky black
Taste
Wild fruit with an aftertaste of port
Aroma
Ripe fruit and chocolate
Shelf Life
8 years or more
Serving Suggestions
Pasta, game and wild fowl, desserts Trois Pistoles was launched in June of 1997. It contains 9% alcohol and is brewed with roasted malt.
Its rich, smooth texture, and the presence of yeast used for in-bottle refermentation give it a very distinctive flavour.

This dark beer and has an aroma of ripe fruit and a pleasant aftertaste that lingers like old port wine.
Trois Pistoles can be enjoyed before a meal or after, and is excellent with pasta as well as game meat and wild fowl.
It also enhances the flavour of desserts like chocolate mousse and fruit salad, and can even replace coffee as an after dinner drink

GrimmJeeper said:
and what does that pic have to do with beer? you just had a few and like that chick? or is she hiding a beer somewhere we should know about :gag:

Yes the bottle fits...no I won't tell you where :D

Back