• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHAT IS ON YOUR JUNK YARD WATCH LIST?

Bent said:
If you find (or have) an Item on someone's list, contact them back channel, like sending them a PM. Let's try to keep the thread easy to read.

EDIT: If we could edit our own posts (this thread only) it save a lot of reading, buuuuut ...... :roflmao:
reminder to all, thanks for your help

1. Rock sliders to fit 2000 XJ
2. Any underbody skidplates

rpraterxj said:
Well, a little searching with the right keywords.. Currie and Rubicon Express have axle bracket kits, so now I am able to look for more options.

So does anone have a D44 to part with?

Axles found! Now just need to get them shipped, installed, and lift the TJ

Looking for a couple power front doors for a 91, preferably with the miirors intacked

Grand Cherokee V8 drivetrain in decent condition.(under 150,000 miles preferred):bunny: Must be complete though including all wiring harnesses and sensors and connectors. I'll pay a finders fee if someone finds it and I buy it.:bunny:

has any one been helped from this thread? i posted some real simple things here and havent gotten a single word back. i know that jeep mirrors and ford ranger lift block/ bump stops arnt that rare. i just dont have the time to cruse the yards for them.

just currious, that is all.

Hey all I was at Pick your part in sun valley today, they had quite a few XJ's and MJ's there... no dana 44's or I'd have one right now. There are a couple of good rear hitches if you're the incredible hulk and can get them off. I scored a factory skid plate... 1/3 ain't bad.

There's a 91 or so 4 door Sport that just got there the other day, had alot of good parts, very unmolested thus far. I wanted the doors but didn't have any torx bits.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.

An idea I've been kicking around - Works in Progress Parts Exchange!

I'm thinking/planning to build a page on the WiP site, listing parts I've got, parts other "parts depot" people have, and just doing things on a more-or-less "straight swap."

Granted, most of the stuff I've got right now is RENIX-era, but I'm working on it. How many of you are interested?

This would be a "junkyard watch" thing - just more of a "Here's what I've got - what will you give me for it?" sort of thing. Could be a useful way to get something you need, while getting rid of something that you don't need (but someone else probably does.)

I would administrate the page - and I can relay comms for other participants, or put your email up directly - but I've got to do something with all the parts I've got, and I thought it may prove useful to others. What say you?

Oh - and anyone I've offered up stuff to in this thread - would you please PM me a reminder? I've been "all fluxed up" for the last few weeks, and it's starting to sort itself out - so I may have lost a few things...

5-90

Some things I'm looking for.

A factory gas tank skid for my 89

set of shafts for my eaton rear axle (looks like a huge 9" with removable center section and inspection cover) I need some out of a truck, and not the larger van model.

In case anyone needs any from the larger van model i happen to have a set =)

front axle shafts for a 91 GMC Jimmy S15 (the little one) 4x4. My brother in law has one and blew up his t-case while climbing a hill with a full load of stuff in the back. He didn't have the money for a repair at the time so he cut out the shafts so he didn't have to worry. Still drives it and has fun in the dirt in 2wd. I don't have any money either so free would be just peachy! :D

A complete headliner in good shape. Preferably black or grey. I've been to most of the pick a part places, and everyone I find is either gone or has tears in it.

It'd probably be better to just recover your headliner than to get a new board - you're not going to find a clean one easily and the transportation is an issue (for some reason the board is as big as the cabin ;)).

Just go to a fabric store, you can easily find the fabric (had a foam backing) and buy enough to cover it (measure ;)). Then remove your headliner board, peel the old liner off and then clean the board (a stiff nylon brush will do well here). After that just spray it down with 3M adhesive (can be foudn at auto parts stores) and put the new headliner in. Trim to fit with about 1/2" overlap at the forward edge, you'll fold this over.

Sequoia

GSequoia said:
It'd probably be better to just recover your headliner than to get a new board - you're not going to find a clean one easily and the transportation is an issue (for some reason the board is as big as the cabin ;)).

Just go to a fabric store, you can easily find the fabric (had a foam backing) and buy enough to cover it (measure ;)). Then remove your headliner board, peel the old liner off and then clean the board (a stiff nylon brush will do well here). After that just spray it down with 3M adhesive (can be foudn at auto parts stores) and put the new headliner in. Trim to fit with about 1/2" overlap at the forward edge, you'll fold this over.

Sequoia
Sounds like the thing to do...

Kyung

GSequoia said:

Sequoia

X3... I used to install headliners, it's not hard at all. The hardest part is getting the backboard in and out.

Back