• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I need to get done before Winterfest

I can bring you a pulley if needed. I have one laying around here somewhere.
Shoot, if ya got one, I'll go hammer this one into shape for a couple of days, and get the Heep on the trailer yet tonight. Bring it, man!

And da Heep is loaded on the trailer. My hammered out pulley actually runs pretty darn straight.

Check buying booze off my list. 3 cases of beer and 3 pass-around bottles.

Monday- pick up hitch from being "fixed", install cb again.
Tuesday- go to lowes and find metal cutting to "modify" my frame rails (if that fails, hammer should work).
Wednesday- Pick up tent, air mattress, flag, and heater from my moms home.

Thursday, pack and leave for campground around 2pm, set up camp and get hitch installed.

Friday and Saturday- don't break anything and be without internet or 3g phone service for the whole weekend.

Well my list got a little longer. Jeep broke down on me lastnight. Mechanical fan decided to fall apart on me while driving. Somehow it didn't touch the radiator tho but the shroud is toast. Call jy today and get a fan and shroud. Hopefully they have one

Hopefully today I can get everything finished up. I do not want to be loading a jeep or anything during the snow storm starting tomorrow. Time to get the parts, tools, food, and whatever else packed up and ready to go. Going to be an interesting drive down for the first couple hours, we are looking at getting 9-12 inches of snow by the time I go to leave Wednesday.

Just gotta load the Jeep on the trailer Wendsday morning before work and throw my clothes in the camper. We have to meet up with someone in KY on the way to pick up a transfer case my buddy bought and grab groceries also and then we are non stop from there Thursday

we are supposed to start getting freezing rain late tonight into tomorrow (according to the moron on the radio)...so I am putting the Jeep on the trailer after work and then loading the hay bales in the truck and throwing a tarp over them so they are not water/ice logged. I hav about everything piled up and ready to load.....

I think that Evo broke my neck at the AutoX yesterday so packing should be fun. Northbound in 60 hours!

Fixed my parent's old dodge 2500 van and having tow dolly thoughts...

Picking up steel to fix my frame and build a bumper in about an hour.

Throw the tent in the heep load the cooler and head south :party:

Fixed my parent's old dodge 2500 van and having tow dolly thoughts...

Picking up steel to fix my frame and build a bumper in about an hour.

you need one of these. it just so happens that I have one for sale :hint,hint:

:D

picture.php

you need one of these. it just so happens that I have one for sale :hint,hint:

:D

picture.php
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

That does look rather useful. I have an aftermarket front bumper (welded together by yours truly :gee:) so I'm not sure that would fit off the shelf but that's why I own a welder.

I'll still have to rent a dolly to get everything out to the midwest but I am possibly interested. How much are you asking?

The only thing I am really worried about on the purple pig is the transmission. It was making some odd noises when I fired it up for the first time (might be that it was sitting for 3 years) and it felt like it was shifting a little funny, but I've been driving AW4s and AX15s for so long now that I don't remember what that trans was supposed to feel like.

Picked up my hitch from being modified, will have to wait until I get to the Campground Thursday to get it on. I went to Harbor freight and all they had was the hook insert, not the d ring, but it will work.

The only real prep I did for winterfest this year was an oil change. But I do have 2x6 and d44s sittng in the garage for a spring project.

Jeep is on the trailer, all tools and parts are packed. Now I have to get all my winter gear together.....

Back