• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I need to get done before Winterfest

Rear pinion is fixed. Truck camper is loaded and the trailer is hooked up. Put a few snacks in the truck in the morning and we're westbound to the Mac and Dan train.

Brad
I just got those bolts and strap kit from NAPA yesterday. They have them in stock $7.87
Cardboard

Ken is right, I was (initially) referring to the bolts that go through the transfer case. Thanks for the info though, as I apparently lost my U-joint straps and bolts so I had to go buy those too. Now I've got all the hardware, but spent all night helping my buddy work on his rig. Just gotta put the shaft in tomorrow and load it up and I'm well on my way, minus a quick run to town for food and beer for the weekend.

Yeah, even though I done some trails, I went ahead and signed up for it. My issue is that I tend to take it easy because I need it everyday. Which is sometimes okay, but other times I should gas it and don't because I am afraid I might break.

I use mine every day too. Use Common sense and you will be just fine! I have gotten to where i wheel it pretty damn hard sometimes and she hasn't failed me yet. If you want to back down from an obstacle, do it. We may give you a hard time but your rig won't be broke!

It's pack day.....It's amazing how much you can stuff in a xj.

Nick

I have to -
register tow rig - working on it atm
fix trailer lights
fix radiator or throw spare in bed and deal with it at the campground
Fix frame, have metal now
build bumper w/ recovery points
throw camping and cooking gear in the back+bed
throw food in cooler
throw beer and whiskey in cooler
throw bacon in cooler
pack clothes and spare boots
Might throw some firewood in the bed

Prior planning prevents piss poor packing

I have a half day at work today.
I will go home and hook up the trailer and get the heep strapped down.
Then, begin to fill it with winter gear, summer gear and rain gear.
We plan to be prepared for all weather.

looking forward to seeing everyone!!

BOB

$106.00 in the fuel tank
$63.00 in the oil pan
$82.00 in the grocery cart
$79.00 in the liquor cabinet
Hooking up the camper in the morning and we are leaving at 12:30 sharp!
Glad I am not leaving to day, it is too windy to pull the camper.

I thought all I had to do was throw my stuff in the Jeep, but I pulled my CB antenna out of the box, and is broke. Which means I also need to figure out a flag, as that is where mine was mounted.
Did you know Wal-Mart doesn't have CB antennas? I guess I'll stop at a truck stop on the way.

Walmart used to have small cb antennas, but that was before cell phones became as big as they are, so don't know anymore.

As for me, I got to make my pot luck stuff in the morning and then pack what I haven't already and leave. Charging camera batteries tonight and cleaning my dslr.

Just found out while registering the purple pig that I have 11 dollar per year, 100 dollar deductible unlimited-distance towing through my insurance company

Game ON, not worried about the transmission in the tow rig anymore

- Ken "would cost me less to break down in attica and get towed home than it would to buy gas and drive" Stein

I thought all I had to do was throw my stuff in the Jeep, but I pulled my CB antenna out of the box, and is broke. Which means I also need to figure out a flag, as that is where mine was mounted.
Did you know Wal-Mart doesn't have CB antennas? I guess I'll stop at a truck stop on the way.

You should be able to get your CB needs met at Flying J or Loves gas station/truck stop.

The only thing I need ot get that isn't at my house tomorrow is a heater from my Grandma's or Mom's, then go to Harbor Freight and exchange my hitch pin for one that will work.

Patiently waiting to be loaded tomorrow...

Photo0027.jpg

I need to switch front ds out tomorrow morning and all that's left is to put on front tie ins which I plan on doing at wf......if I could get some help that is??

I need to switch front ds out tomorrow morning and all that's left is to put on front tie ins which I plan on doing at wf......if I could get some help that is??
Bring extra steering box bolts.

DSLR Batteries charged
2/3 video camera batteries charged with the last one charging now.
Point and shoot will be charged tomorrow.

Getting there. Hopefully my tarp idea will help keep the rain out of my tent (two 6x 8' tarps zip tied together and bungeed down to tent stakes).

got tow rig stuck in private road on a ~2 degree slope, fml, RWD only, open diff, heavy
broke a ujoint in the MJ unsticking the tow rig
got the tow rig stuck another few times, used plow truck to unstick it
finally the tow rig is on the main street, now I have to get the trailer and the broken MJ to it... throwing a new shaft in it before I move it again

this snow storm came at the absolute worst time.

I will still be there somehow.

EDIT: Atl - 7/16-14 thread, grade 8, flanged head if you can get them, 4.5" with at least an inch or two of threads.

got tow rig stuck in private road on a ~2 degree slope, fml, RWD only, open diff, heavy
broke a ujoint in the MJ unsticking the tow rig
got the tow rig stuck another few times, used plow truck to unstick it
finally the tow rig is on the main street, now I have to get the trailer and the broken MJ to it... throwing a new shaft in it before I move it again

this snow storm came at the absolute worst time.

I will still be there somehow.

EDIT: Atl - 7/16-14 thread, grade 8, flanged head if you can get them, 4.5" with at least an inch or two of threads.

There has to be an award for hardest trip! You got it.

Back