• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I need to get done before Winterfest

'Disconnected' the front swaybar tonight. Ok, I just removed the links completely. Flexes better fo' sho.

Fixed the t'case linkage, shifts smooth now. Should be ready to wheel!

Finally have the XJ in the garage and made some good progress tonight, but ran into an issue with putting the last C-clip through the Lockright for the 8.25". If anyone is bored or has some experience and can tell me if what I'm seeing is typical or how I can proceed, I'll get you some liquid reimbursement at WF. :cheers:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1079767

Otherwise, found I had an unhooked adjuster on one of the drums on the truck, with the drum adjusted it seems to stop a lot better (go figure). So no hydroboost for now, maybe after WF.

Got my stiffies welded on tonight. Tomorrow will be the sliders and front tie in brackets....I can't decide if I want to weld the sliders on or bolt them......suggestions?

So your going half stiff? They make a pill for that.
Your like a three hour job from finishing the passengers side.

I roll half stiff all the time..that way it is ready for show time even quicker :D

I may put the passenger side on in the morning, but I am really just tired of looking at this thing and my auto dimming welding helmet is on the fritz so I was about blind after last night. I may pick up a new one today.

Thinking about trading in my trailer on a new one..they will give me $1200 on trade for a new Rice trailer that is a much nicer trailer than what I currently have and I would only have to pay about $1200 more to get it....thinking I may do it since mine needs some attention (and I need a few write off expenses this year it looks like)

So my mechanic put the tcase in today, but ran into a problem. he says that for some reason it will only go in 4hi and N no 4lw and no 2wd. anyone have an idea? for winterfest im going to still take it, just have an awd rig all day.
ALSO he found out that both front hubs a garbage which has explained a few things but he is going to slap those in today

sooo

install hack-n-tap DONE
install new used t-case DONE
install axle seals DONE
install locker DONE
install shoes DONE
install cylinders DONE
install brake kit DONE
install adjuster kit DONE
install drums DONE
install wiper relay DONE
pull wiper motor off parts jeep X
install wiper motor X
install rt/lt front hubs

So my mechanic put the tcase in today, but ran into a problem. he says that for some reason it will only go in 4hi and N no 4lw and no 2wd. anyone have an idea? for winterfest im going to still take it, just have an awd rig all day.

Did he take it apart and go through it? If so it's possible that the shift collar got put back upside down. Been there done that, it sucks.

If he didn't split it, is the linkage hooked up properly?

Its official all I have left to do is buy bear and pack.
a.aaa.jpg

One more thing for my list. My trailer has no left turn. Traced the problem to the fancy adapter between the Jeep wiring and the trailer.
Off to Wal-Mart I go. I also forgot to get my CO2 tank filled, but I can survive if I don't take it.

Other than that, all I need is to pack the cooler, load up, and leave.

<20 minutes of cursing left out>

Just before I started to load the Heep on the trailer, the water pump started to throw the belt off. Belt is ruined. So, new water pump tomorrow after it cools down. And I cool down. At least I've got a good garage to work in.

so i got a text from my buddy, says hubs are in and he got the tcase to free up, now everything works 4hi,n,4lw, 2wd. didn't go into detail about what he did im sure ill find out Monday but im ready to wheel now.

so with only about 5 days to spare the rig that i had no intention on bringing a month ago will be ready.

install hack-n-tap DONE
install new used t-case DONE
install axle seals DONE
install locker DONE
install shoes DONE
install cylinders DONE
install brake kit DONE
install adjuster kit DONE
install drums DONE
install wiper relay DONE
pull wiper motor off parts jeep X
install wiper motor X
install rt/lt front hubs DONE

Last big thing knocked out today. FULL ROCKER REPLACEMENT!

Started at 10:30am... Finished up at midnight. Pat and I only stopped for a Lowes and lunch run.

43af1e22-dbf4-80f8.jpg

Sunday will be bumpstops in the back and new paint on the rockers.

Big 'Tired' Hank

Left to do... Finish eating white castle, get home before the side effects kick in, and put this 3.73 D30 in the ZJ. Looks like it'll have one more run, I'm not optimistic I'll get my XJ done in time. Fortunately I had a backup plan called pic-a-part.

<20 minutes of cursing left out>

Just before I started to load the Heep on the trailer, the water pump started to throw the belt off. Belt is ruined. So, new water pump tomorrow after it cools down. And I cool down. At least I've got a good garage to work in.
The new water pump is in, and I managed to salvage the tube out to the heater core. Problem is that I bent the pulley when I pried it off the old pump, it was frozen in place. If I can't get one from the dealership tomorrow, I'll ding this one back out and run it for a day.

The new water pump is in, and I managed to salvage the tube out to the heater core. Problem is that I bent the pulley when I pried it off the old pump, it was frozen in place. If I can't get one from the dealership tomorrow, I'll ding this one back out and run it for a day.

I can bring you a pulley if needed. I have one laying around here somewhere.

Back