• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I need to get done before Winterfest

Dropped the Jeep off to get the rear gears installed, should be ready tomorrow. Should also have the new U bolts and center pins in tomorrow and hopefully figure out this damn pitman arm situation. Then all that's left before WF is install my CB.

Since my work screwed up and I'll be paying taxes instead of getting back the grand I had planned for... Some things just won't be done this year.

My 3 week crash course on the green trail bomber:

-Get my ugly MTR's mounted on my murdered out ZJ wheels. Then mount the wheels DONE

-hopefully find a spindle so I can inherit Pat's old tire carrier, then weld it on. DONE

-go to Pats shop and take on another full rocker replacement project. THIS SATURDAY

-install heavier duty steering DONE

-rear bumpstops THIS SATURDAY

-relocate my cb antenna somewhere safer DONE

-change oil PROBABLY PUT OFF

-change spark plugs FRIDAY EVENING

-Order JCR bolt strip things so I can maybe mount a tank skid at the badlands. NOT DOING

-finish my rear bumper tie-ins, should be easy. THIS SATURDAY

-register for WF DONE

-see if Pat still had the factory tcase skid I turned down months ago. DONE

-pack spare random stuff that is scattered everywhere in my garage DONE

Installed a sensor bung and O2 sensor so no more check engine light

Installed a Fire Extinguisher Mount

Not that bad of list...

Big 'short on time and cash, but who isn't?' Hank

Updated.... Time to take on another weekend... Weather is looking good!

Replaced the exhaust manifold gaskets tonight. Amazing how a $12 gasket set can change your vehicle from sounding like a beat up grain truck to a normal one.

Killed my current drive shaft and now need to get one made... sigh.
Sliders - painted, still need to install
T-case skid - painted, still need to install
Rear brakes
Wire pos choke open
Pull axle shaft spares
Maybe fix my loud exhaust
Throw together a tow vehicle
Re-pack trailer bearings

Killed my current drive shaft and now need to get one made... sigh.

Take what is left of it down to Rockford drive Shaft.
Way down 11th Street on Milford Ave, on the west service road between Samuelson and Blackhawk roads.
It is in a quanset hut looking building behind the Teamsters Hall.
He can make you one cheaper than any one else, just bring all the hardware you have he will retube it.

picture.php

Going to pick up one of those in a few minutes.

Current one is just under 5 years old. I was screwing around trying to troubleshoot the winch and shorted it out, so it will no longer take a charge.

And I still haven't figured out the winch :banghead:

Hooking up the new battery, I pulled the winch wires out a little bit and found a fuse holder in the ground wire for the control box.

The winch works now :dunce:

I gave up on optima batteries. I've killed two red tops and a yellow top because the jeep isn't driven as much as it should be. I have 3 battery tenders but the wife didn't hook it back up when she had to move it when I was gone.

I figure if I'm going to kill batteries, I'm going to do it 80 bucks at a time and not 220 bucks at a time.

Die hard platinum........great alternative.

^
What I have (I think). It is a Die Hard something.

i watched die hard a couple weeks ago and die hard 2 i think..

Kimmer and I "watched" Die Hard With a Vengeance while wrenching the other day.

"Zis is all sanks to ze gu-gu-gu-gu-gguu-gullibility of ze New Yohk po-lease depahtment."

speaking of movies...

Mar 5 is the 30th anniversary of john belushi's death. RIP brother of the blues..

Meganne posted a pic on facebook of Harrison in some sunglasses. Not black framed, but he should be planning on joining up with Elwood and Jake.

To make some attempt to stay on topic, I got the RV oil changed today and topped the gas off. Got my MTRs mounted up on rims. My checklist is down to the bare minimum of what needs to be done before Wed.

The gent who's coming down on Friday night to ride bitch with me on Saturday at WF is one of my Blues Brothers. Between, he, myself, and another friend of ours from college, we've seen it a few hundred times. He's doing an admirable job of passing it on to his son.

They were on a road trip, and stopped in a KFC for dinner. He asked his son what he wanted to eat: "Four fried chickens and a Coke!"

And, while my father probably would not have appreciated, I thoroughly enjoyed the tie his son wore at my father's funeral, it had Jake & Elwood on it.

tied up the drivers side stiffey and that is all I am gonna do for this trip, I will do the pass side when I get back. Remvoed the hi-lift mounts from the hatch for Rewster and started to load the gear box and the sparestuff... will load up the trailer soon and be ready to roll out bearing any unforseen problems.

tied up the drivers side stiffey and that is all I am gonna do for this trip, I will do the pass side when I get back. Remvoed the hi-lift mounts from the hatch for Rewster and started to load the gear box and the sparestuff... will load up the trailer soon and be ready to roll out bearing any unforseen problems.

So your going half stiff? They make a pill for that.
Your like a three hour job from finishing the passengers side.

Back