• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WF09 To-do lists

--Order Front bumper DONE
--paint and mount said bumper
--Mount Fire Extinguisher DONE
--Order new rear leaf springs (snapped the bottom leaf on one side) DONE
--Order New Tires (stepping up to 33s!) DONE
--Trim Fender wells DONE
--replace all fluids
--figure out how to fit everything in my trunk :/

ALMOST DONE! :D

--Replace rear brakes - DONE
--Wire up battery disconnect switches
--Find that vacuum leak - I know it's there somewhere
--Drill drain holes - STARTED
--Replace winch bolts - DONE
--Buy an orange flag

New since a last post -
--Fix e-brake - STARTED
--replace worn out TRE
--get more free time

Install "New" CB - DONE
Install New Fan Clutch - DONE
Install New Upper Rad Hose - DONE
Install New Front Pinion Seal - DONE
Install New Muffler - DONE
Install New Serp Belt - DONE
Install New Tow Mounts w/D-Ring Adapters - DONE
Prime Sliders - DONE
Paint Sliders - DONE
Install Sliders - DONE
Install Overbored TB - (To be installed at WF)
Mount Fire Extinguisher - (This next Weekend.)
"Organize" Rear of Jeep - (To Be done when everything else is done.)

Jeep is just about finished. I have to finish the tire carrier, install tranny cooler with fan, and change the oil.
Camper comes home tomorrow from the in-laws. Need to check the wiring to see why it blows fuses when you hook a trailer up.

I don't like check off lists, they just lead to disappointment, here is where I am at...
1. front end put together, Thanks guys!
2. Front bumper finished
3. greased and lubed
4. heading out the door to get oil and filter for the Ramada and genny.

for several weeks I've had this weird DW at 45-55 mph in the right front wheel. buggin the sh&t out of me. Yesterday, found one side of the sway bar disconnect, came disconnected...DOH!:looney:
much better today.

BOB

Front 3 link is done, replaced the ps pump today. Need to make a new tcase skid and replace the rear leaf bushings, make a couple new drives shafts, add some more to the cage......sounds like a full week.

Camper home and cleaned up. Few things taken care of on the jeep today.
Got the tranny cooler installed, new thermostat installed, oil is changed, and t/c skid needs to be reinstalled. Just about ready for the trailer.

List is now completed, just a few little house keeping items and we are ready to roll.
-Finish up rear disc brake conversion (should be done today) DONE
-install rear shocks (should be done today as well) DONE
-change fuilds in all cavities (hope to get to today) DONE
-install my new TNT y-link kit DONE DONE DONE!! (finally!)
-run new ground cable (might try to get one off 5-90) DONE (made my own)
-knock off the surface rust and repaint rockers, bumpers, sliders.. basically everything that will cover w/ black spray paint DONE
-build a multi place spare tire carrier for the trailer since I am bringing an azz pot full of spares for people. SOMEWHAT DONE..good enough for this trip
-service tow rig and trailer DONE
-stop at liquor store to pick up some cases of Fat Tire :cheers: Need to get one more case now...one has become victim to the shop & my belly :D

To-do list.

Make it to WF10. :(

--Order Front bumper DONE
--paint and mount said bumper: will do wednesday
--Mount Fire Extinguisher DONE
--Order new rear leaf springs (snapped the bottom leaf on one side) DONE
--Order New Tires (stepping up to 33s!) DONE
--Trim Fender wells DONE
--replace all fluids DONE
--figure out how to fit everything in my trunk DONE
--mount rock lights DONE
--trim quarter panels DONE
--fix brakes

Two more things to do! :)

Got the rear 4 link crossmember done today (no it will not be linked by wf). leaf spring bushings replaced. Couple other small things done.

Got the rear 4 link crossmember done today (no it will not be linked by wf). leaf spring bushings replaced. Couple other small things done.

Ooooohhh Mo' flex huh? You won't stop until that thing is the biggest baddest XJ in Indiana will ya? :thumbup:

Ooooohhh Mo' flex huh? You won't stop until that thing is the biggest baddest XJ in Indiana will ya? :thumbup:

he's got to keep up with someone :flame:

mac 'still waiting for my front end to fall off' gyvr

more than a few come to mind...

BOB

I'm sure there are plenty of badass XJ buggies like Brians running around here!

I changed oil in the Rolling Ramada today.
Five Hours!
The batteries were dead, I had to jump start it.
The old oil filter was so tight that I had to jab a screw driver through it three times, to turn it off.
The oil plug in the genny was a strange 9/16" Allen socket, the local True Value didn't have one.
It was was sunk into the grass and frozen to the ground, Lar and I had to have a winching operation.
She is now a winch wench!
THe oil filter I bought at Farm and Fleet was not right, the parts store down the street ordered one, it will be here in the AM.
Started cleaning battery terminals, did you know there are 14 of them in a motor home?
three batteries, two heavy duty relays, the motor ends, and the genny ends.

I am tired!

Pretty much everything is done on the jeep. No tire carrier, spare will have to be on the roof.
Got the jeep strapped on the trailer and ready to go. The wife and I will be finishing up putting things away in the camper tonight. I feel like I am forgetting soo many things.
Probably will forget a few things. Isn't that how it always goes.:D

Back