• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We're taking over GOATFEST!!!!

Count me in and most likely +1 or 3... if I say it's mostly camping and banging around they might be interested.
There's hiking out in JV right? I keep confusing the name with Joshua Tree.

How far do you want to walk?

Actually, it's kind of nice to walk up the canyons that are being run, watch the action and see some of the spectacular views from the top of the ridges.

Skull_black, just FYI, there are some active Law Enforcement Officers on this forum (and every other forum on the Internet, probably). I don't think any of the LEO NAXJA members are actively interested in busting fellow members, but you probably shouldn't wave that fragrant flag in their faces, either. Don't put them into that uncomfortable position!!

i think the Rowdy label applies more to late-night exuberant drinking, high noise level, and/or general fun-loving mischief. There were a couple over-the-line activities last year (like guns fired too close to camp) that no one really wants to see repeated this year. I don't think that those tagged with the Rowdy label are known so much for open drug use, at least that I've seen (I move fairly freely between the groups for being a 43yr old parent of teens :roll:).

Just try to be a little (actually, a LOT) more discrete than you were in your post... there will be LEO members, and folks with kids, and old farts like Richard that need their sleep (Sorry, Goatman, couldn't resist!! You know I love ya!), and also folks that figure that the middle of a dry lakebed in the desert is a good place to let off steam. Come out to wheel and enjoy yourself, and all should be fine!

OMG, I can't go. :( I've been to every single goatfest since the 1st annual. I've got all the shirts to prove it! :D. The date is just not gonna work for me.

Oh well, I guess it's technically not goat fest anymore, it's officially the :NAXJA: rockin xj jambo now

have fun guys
:cheers:

WHAT? Wow, November in JV without Mike G? How did that happen? Another concert, Mike? Or a Stone event? :rolleyes:

How far do you want to walk?

Actually, it's kind of nice to walk up the canyons that are being run, watch the action and see some of the spectacular views from the top of the ridges.

Yea, I'm sure we could hike a cool 6 miles round trip :) Of course if I'm there I'm wheelin! :cheers:

as for getting stuck in sand - if I do you are now the first one who volunteered to get me out! Thanks! :rtm:

if i get the locker in the back of my manche by them no prob. otherwise start diggin, im 2wd. my XJ is in storage.

AHAHAHAHA that funny right there. Were in for goatfest!!!

Time is moving fast!

This is going to be fun!

I expect more feedback and input as folks return from Moab this next week!

Take alook at the other threads as we need some help with food and BBQ and raffle.

Anybody got some gps coordinates or an address I can punch in to find out how to get there? In LA until 11/14 for business but would love to come out and watch or maybe ride along.

Old Woman Springs Rd & Boone Rd, Landers CA 92285 is where you leave pavement. Drive a couple miles N/NW on the almost-paved gravel road and the camp will be out on the lakebed. The road is now passable for passenger cars (didn't used to be!).

I'm sure you can hook up with folks & caravan. Not sure if I'm heading there from Carlsbad (San Diego) or San Gabriel (Los Angeles-ish) yet.

Anybody got some gps coordinates or an address I can punch in to find out how to get there? In LA until 11/14 for business but would love to come out and watch or maybe ride along.

Yeah, just punch in Old Woman Springs Rd and Boone Rd and you'll get it. You can Mapquest it to see a bigger map of the area. Turn north on Boone Rd (only way it goes) and drive about 4 miles to the dry lake bed.

Found this from last years post:
From Backersfield go east on Hwy 58 to I15 at Barstow. Exit I15 at Barstow Rd/Hwy 247, go roughly 30 miles to the stop sign(last chance to get gas), turn left staying on Hwy 247, go 22 miles to Boone Rd (large brown sign on the right), turn left down Boone Rd, drive roughly 4 miles to the lakebed and look for the group on the left as you come onto the lakebed.

Boon Road exit:
BoonRoadSign.jpg

Boon Road:
BoonRoad.jpg

What time do most people get there on Saturday or most come out on Friday? I am thinking I might like to bring the family to this and check out the fun. Dont know If i can do any wheeling as I need to get some motor mounts and tranny mount for my rig and install them (Cleghorn finished them off lol).

What time do most people get there on Saturday or most come out on Friday? I am thinking I might like to bring the family to this and check out the fun. Dont know If i can do any wheeling as I need to get some motor mounts and tranny mount for my rig and install them (Cleghorn finished them off lol).

A few show up early Sat morning, but most arrive on Friday.

If you dont go you will regret it forever. I was in Oxnard last year for a few weeks and managed a layover to hit Goatfest. DO IT!!! Lots of empty seats. The "non hammers" runs are a lot fun as ride alongs and these guys always appreciate the spotters. I rode along on the "low" trails Saturday, watched the big rigs on the Hammers and then got lucky and won a raffle to drive a couple Hammers trails on Sunday.

Bring something warm (it can snow out there this time of year), a sleeping bag and make sure you can sleep in the rental car. Oh and bring a lot of beer and little trail food along with the camera.

Its like 30 miles to the nearest town and the dirt road in is full of whoop-t-doo's. A PT Cruiser can make it with just a little body damage. :)

John

Back