• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We're taking over GOATFEST!!!!

Well, it's actually called the Rockin' XJ Jamboree, but most refer to it as Goatfest (I think thanks to JB). It's an annual trip to Johnson Valley where we've had quite a bit of fun every year (some more fun than others :D) There have been 50-75 rigs each year, and we've fed over a hundred people on Sat night every year.

I've been putting it on, with help from plenty of friends, but this year I'm passing the baton to the SoCal chapter.

Thanks Richard! I guess I should use the official name of Rockin'XJ Jamboree!

Dang has it already been a year? Bullfrog is the last trail I ran.

Front end is all re built and ready to go, just gotta put the front drive shaft back on......but I was just telling my kid yesturday that JV is too far!

Anyone thinking of running bullfrog?

If the Red Rocket is done I'll be there.. If not.. I'll probably still be there.

Meet n Greet
Trail Run
Boating
Shooting Range
BBQ
Fund raiser for FOJV and SBNF AAT
etc.
:flame:

Please do everyone a favor, leave the guns at home, or at least tucked away inside your rig. The gunplay near camp and the trails last year was way out of line. Shotguns only in all of Johnson Valley if you insist on doing some shooting, and please be at least 5 miles from camp.

I don't really think this needs to be said, but just in case it does need to be said for a few people, here it is. This is a club run, with families and many people in attendance, and it is NO PLACE for anyone to be discharging firearms anywhere even remotely close to camp, or even anywhere on the lake bed. If anyone has a friend or acquaintance attending who wants to fire their weapon, please let them know that we will not stand for it, and I will personally address anyone who does.

Also, I don't think this needs to be said, but just for the record, we will not allow loud music in main camp, nor loud late night/early morning partying. People have a right to wheel and play hard all day, and then get a good nights sleep. If you plan to come out just to get drunk and party, then camp at the other end of the lakebed from main camp. We all plan to have a good time, let's just keep the late night noise to a level that is respectful of others.

I plan on having the usual great time wheeling and hanging out with friends. See you on the lakebed.

:cheers:

Also, I don't think this needs to be said, but just for the record, we will not allow loud music in main camp, nor loud late night/early morning partying. People have a right to wheel and play hard all day, and then get a good nights sleep. If you plan to come out just to get drunk and party, then camp at the other end of the lakebed from main camp. We all plan to have a good time, let's just keep the late night noise to a level that is respectful of others.
:cheers:

:eyes: so i should leave the 10k watt PA setup at home? but we could use it for announcements and stuff.... or something :D

:eyes: so i should leave the 10k watt PA setup at home? but we could use it for announcements and stuff.... or something :D

We could use it to call people stupid faggots.......just before 10:00 pm.

:D

i wont be attending this year....not sure i understand why all of a sudden magic desert rules are popping up....

when i go out to the desert i like to party...even after 10 p.m.

just my opinion...but the desert is an open place for everyone...how can you just randomly throw up rules you want enforced?

if were talking about keeping the late night noise respectful no one is allowed to have their generators on after 10 p.m. in my opinion....because for all the people that actually camp out there (with tents) can still hear the generators!

Last edited:
dude were you there last year?

there was public urination on a camp fire, indecent exposure, drunk and disorderly conduct, negligent discharge of a firearm, just to name a few!

i like the part where everyone thought it was me.

i wont be attending this year....not sure i understand why all of a sudden magic desert rules are popping up....

just my opinion...but the desert is an open place for everyone...how can you just randomly throw up rules you want enforced?

lets not start this again...

IF we go, respect will be shown. we want to have fun not ruin it for other people.

rowdy camp will be a respectable distance from main camp if the need should arise. you respect our right to a good time and we'll respect yours, simple as that :cheers:

lets not start this again...

IF we go, respect will be shown. we want to have fun not ruin it for other people.

rowdy camp will be a respectable distance from main camp if the need should arise. you respect our right to a good time and we'll respect yours, simple as that :cheers:

Well said Mike!

if were talking about keeping the late night noise respectful no one is allowed to have their generators on after 10 p.m. in my opinion....because for all the people that actually camp out there (with tents) can still hear the generators!

Good point on the generators. I'm not talking about not drinking or being loud or having fun, just be respectful when it gets late or set up your camp away from main camp.

I'm old, I need my rest. :D

Back