• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Went to the strip! Kind of... ok not really. WJ vs XJ!

by split, I mean it comes off one header exit, so the single is split somewhere. Unless I'm wrong, which I am at times, the split will create turbulence, turbulence= not a grand flow. I worked for a time on flow control in fluid applications (pipeline), the headers (splits) caused losses we were trying to stop. It was amazing to see flow losses in bends, and such. I think my xj sounds just like an xj, albeit one that sucks.

It's a dual outlet header.

omg of all the people to say thats an ignorant statement.

my god dude...seriously get a clue.

Go ahead, clue me in. Tell me how "i bet your jeep is a slug off the line with that lack of back pressure" is NOT an ignorant statement.

by split, I mean it comes off one header exit, so the single is split somewhere. Unless I'm wrong, which I am at times, the split will create turbulence, turbulence= not a grand flow. I worked for a time on flow control in fluid applications (pipeline), the headers (splits) caused losses we were trying to stop. It was amazing to see flow losses in bends, and such. I think my xj sounds just like an xj, albeit one that sucks.

no, he has a clifford header, it splits the 6 exhaust ports into 2 collectors. Most people use a y pipe to connect the two collectors, I thought one came with the manifold, he chose not two and built a twin system of the manifold. Think one exhaust bank split before the gases can merge and benefit from scavenging effect.

It's a dual outlet header.

Go ahead, clue me in. Tell me how "i bet your jeep is a slug off the line with that lack of back pressure" is NOT an ignorant statement.

i didnt say anywhere in my post that it wasnt an ignorant statement, although knowing what i know about cars im pretty sure hes 100% right.

i said of all the people to call that statement ignorant it was you. kinda like the saying the pot calling the kettle black...honestly guy...you are a huge tool.

you post stupid crap on here, then when people give you reason after reason of why you're an idiot, you respond with malcontent towards them, and call them names. you realize it doesnt make you "cool" or "smart" it makes you look like an idiot. you fail to realize that the cherokee has been around for over 20 years, you don't think someone has tried this before and failed miserably? they probably have, by now, very few XJ ideas are new in and of themselves, they are likely slight tweaks to everyone elses ideas or mods. you're simply too hard headed and stubborn to clue in, everytime anyone provides a shread of proof towards anything your reaction is ridiculous, and it happens in thread after thread.

you're ridiculous. people these days need to learn a bit of humility, its the gawd damn internet dude, you don't need to be a thug here too.

kthxbai

Not too bad. I got about 7 seconds for the 0-60 time. (starting the clock when the engine growl starts) I would imagine even better times if you dropped the clutch and shifted at the redline instead of "short shifting".

That is great, its always nice to see a 97+ stroker.

You should have seen his old rig man, it was the best looking rig in the country. I think he won a lot of car show awards for it's cleaniness.

pict0025.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about about the "disturbance at the split".

Its called friction loss... You don't have to tell us that you're not aware of it, you've already made that abundantly clear.

Just think of exhaust gases as flowing like much less dense forms of water... When you kink a hose or constrict the flow it changes what happens to the stream, right?

Its called friction loss... You don't have to tell us that you're not aware of it, you've already made that abundantly clear.

Just think of exhaust gases as flowing like much less dense forms of water... When you kink a hose or constrict the flow it changes what happens to the stream, right?

Ok so where's the "split"?

in his defense, we did already cover this.

Back