• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Went to the strip! Kind of... ok not really. WJ vs XJ!

That would make perfect sense if the valve seals actually sealed compression. They don't. The valve seats seal compression, not the valve seals. Somebody has been bullshitting you.

Don't post up if you can't handle being criticized for mods that are not well through out let alone, if I recall, federal crime.

Please know what the you're talking about before you go running your mouth. Driving without a cat is an INFRACTION, NOT a "federal crime" :dunce:

There's a big difference in the two :)

i'll race you in my b2200
Lol are you serious? What an intelligent statement. I hope you're joking.

igotanxj said:
cool

..but dude, put the cat back on, it pisses me off when i smell someone's nasty-ass exhaust fumes without a cat
So does it piss you off to go to car shows and race tracks? Too be honest w/ya, I like the smell of catless exhaust :dunno: that's just me though.

Damn purple, why you always got people on your case? Anyhow, it'd be interesting to know the weight diffs b/t that said WJ and yours, as well as your #'s from the dyno(I still haven't got mine yet), so we could figure out power to weight ratios. I wouldn't be surprised that a 3500# XJ w/ driver could beat a 4500# WJ even if it had 50hp/lb-ft less.

WTF!?!

Why does everyone care if he is running a cat?

I was at Sac Raceway on Saturday night, and I'd bet that 90% of the 250 drag cars there that night had open headers - and of the other 10%, probably only 5% had cats...

Look at all the XJ Buggies that everyone is in love with - do any of them run a cat? No...

Does the CARB not let John Force race his 10 gallons / 1/4 mile race in CA because he doesn't have a cat? no...

Besides the original poster lives in MO - where there are no smog laws... and there are TONS of tractors that run around during harvest, planting, irrigating, and whatnot... all without cats...

really, who gives a crap about someone who runs an XJ Drag car not having a cat?

WTF!?!

Why does everyone care if he is running a cat?

I was at Sac Raceway on Saturday night, and I'd bet that 90% of the 250 drag cars there that night had open headers - and of the other 10%, probably only 5% had cats...

Look at all the XJ Buggies that everyone is in love with - do any of them run a cat? No...

Does the CARB not let John Force race his 10 gallons / 1/4 mile race in CA because he doesn't have a cat? no...

Besides the original poster lives in MO - where there are no smog laws... and there are TONS of tractors that run around during harvest, planting, irrigating, and whatnot... all without cats...

really, who gives a crap about someone who runs an XJ Drag car not having a cat?
Drag cars have enough power to make a noticeable difference compared to a lightly modded 4.0. As far as the John Force comment, obviously he's not driving that on the road. It's deff not an "XJ Drag car" if he's running 15's. Hope you were being sarcastic. What people are trying to say is why break the law and pollute the air when it's giving no noticeable gain other than more noise and being cheaper to build.

Drag cars have enough power to make a noticeable difference compared to a lightly modded 4.0. As far as the John Force comment, obviously he's not driving that on the road. It's deff not an "XJ Drag car" if he's running 15's. Hope you were being sarcastic. What people are trying to say is why break the law and pollute the air when it's giving no noticeable gain other than more noise and being cheaper to build.

More power, much cheaper, more reliable, less maintenance, sounds better (imo). And if you're worried about polluting, sell your XJ. And every other ICE you own. And while you're at it, get the electricity disconnected from your house (or trailer... or van). Oh, and don't buy any batteries either. Or anything for that matter. Everything pollutes.

I have a car that I used drag race.

It is a 87 Shelby Charger with 22 PSI on a 2.5, 4 popper.

While I was heavy into the drag scene I did a lot of test and tunes. One of the very first things I did was test the difference in ETs with and with out a cat.

It was a whopping .01-.05 time reduction in the 1/4. A properly functioning cat will not hinder your performance.

To this day I still have a cat on the car and it runs high 11's-mid 12's depending on the track.

Put your cat back on.

Oh, BTW, If you want to put your XJ car up against the WJ in my avatar I would be more than willing to stomp your a$$ with it on 32s!

More power, much cheaper, more reliable, less maintenance, sounds better (imo). And if you're worried about polluting, sell your XJ. And every other ICE you own. And while you're at it, get the electricity disconnected from your house (or trailer... or van). Oh, and don't buy any batteries either. Or anything for that matter. Everything pollutes.
More power...for 4.0's little if any, especially compared with highflow unit.

More reliable...you should get a check engine light. Sure you can get rid of it and it doesnt affect performance of vehicle much but it's still there.

Less maintenance, true I guess you only have to mess the muffler bearings and not deal with the cat now.

Sound is obviously all opinion, also of the police and Id like to attract as little attention from them as possible.

Why would I sell my XJ, it's got a cat on it....my daily has a cat on it too and it's faster than your xj and wj. (With a cat and 30+mpg).

What makes you think electricity from the grid is bad if its coming from renewable or nuclear?

Obviously I dont live in a trailer/van but thanks for the consideration.

Not exactly.

Those numbers a pretty damn quick for a stock SUV.

The old valve seals most definately did leak compression. You could hear it pretty easily. But my point wasn't that fixing leaky valve seals would net a lot of horsepower, or any. Just that the motor should've been running strong, so that with CAI and someone who knows how to drive, it should be running a strong ~15.5 or so.

And you probably could run a 15.5 with just intake and exhaust and still keep your cats. Probably... maybe... I dunno, I haven't seen it yet. But the cat delete was really just a small part of my exhaust design. So you guys can hate all you want I don't really care, I just posted this to those of you who don't get off on criticizing everybody else's junk. But you can't argue, my set up... works.

yeah but my cars stock 1/4 mile time is supposed to be 14.9. what i am trying to say is you never know what its going to run to you run it at a track. stop racing your friends on the street and assuming you are fast. go to the track, pay the entry fee. run a couple of passes and get that little slip that prooves you are fast

I seem to remember a lack of evidence the last time we got into a cat/no cat discussion. Something tells me this wont be any different. WIth no proven numbers, I beat a WRX STi.

I seem to remember a lack of evidence the last time we got into a cat/no cat discussion. Something tells me this wont be any different. WIth no proven numbers, I beat a WRX STi.

dyno results never did show up.

I got a buddy with a stock 4.6 mustang that beat, BEAT I tell you, a 2006 ZO6 camaro with a wet system and cams.... to help prove that point

I have a car that I used drag race.

It is a 87 Shelby Charger with 22 PSI on a 2.5, 4 popper.

While I was heavy into the drag scene I did a lot of test and tunes. One of the very first things I did was test the difference in ETs with and with out a cat.

It was a whopping .01-.05 time reduction in the 1/4. A properly functioning cat will not hinder your performance.

To this day I still have a cat on the car and it runs high 11's-mid 12's depending on the track.

Put your cat back on.

Oh, BTW, If you want to put your XJ car up against the WJ in my avatar I would be more than willing to stomp your a$$ with it on 32s!

Congratulations. I'm really happy for you. But there's always somebody faster, and in case you can't read, I NEVER claimed to have the fastest, or even close to the fastest XJ out there, simply fast for the mods I've done. And if you're proud of the fact that your WJ with who knows what mods can beat my XJ then you sir, are an idiot.

More power...for 4.0's little if any, especially compared with highflow unit.

More reliable...you should get a check engine light. Sure you can get rid of it and it doesnt affect performance of vehicle much but it's still there.

You really need to know what you're talking about before you post.

I have no CIL. None. Nor is it "still there".

Sound is obviously all opinion, also of the police and Id like to attract as little attention from them as possible.

Then don't put a louder muffler on your jeep. Problem solved. And just so you know, my exhaust is quieter than a FM40 and most other performance mufflers for that matter. Again, know what you're talking about before you comment on it.

Why would I sell my XJ, it's got a cat on it....my daily has a cat on it too and it's faster than your xj and wj. (With a cat and 30+mpg).

WOW, I'm SOOO happy for you! When it turns into a jeep and has something to do with what we're talking about then let me know! And did I say anything about selling your XJ?

What makes you think electricity from the grid is bad if its coming from renewable or nuclear?

Ever heard of ozone? Obviously not. Everything has a byproduct, even if it's a "green" energy source. Including electricity. There is no perfect energy source out there. Over 70% of electricity is generated from "non-renewable" sources and pollutes the air. AGAIN, know what you're talking about before you talk. So like I said, go disconnect your house from the grid cause you're polluting the air and I wanna breathe!!! Haha, you jerk! :roflmao:

What a bunch of liberal whiners. Seriously what is this an Al Gore convention?

I bet you could take every XJ that has ever been owned by all the members and users of NAXJA cut the cats out and the total amount of junk you would get out of the non-cat XJ's wouldn't fill a the cargo area of one in the total life-span of the Jeeps.

You guys need to quit listening to Eco-Mike and get a life.

Oh and for the record....I think Purple is a douche and I hate the fact that I have to defend him....since we are being honest.

Back