• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Yea he said something about having heat soak issues somewhere..... I thought that was mainly with the 00 and 01's though.

My 99 Heat Soaks bad in the summer. Which is why I try to avoid shutting it off on the trails unless I know i'm going to be parked for a while.

Mine does it while running. I at least think it's heat soak...

Went wheeling today. Had a blast with the new set up.
60c380fce1876e7b37eef9f6935fd53b.jpg

Wheeled Durhamtown Tellico today with some old friends...... Had a blast!

I finally found out a bit more about my near future. Looks like I will be joining the Sierra Chapter for close to 2 years. I'm already planning out some 4 day weekends to get some good new Jeep experiences in, for example this trail called the Rubicon. SEC will always be home though.

I finally found out a bit more about my near future. Looks like I will be joining the Sierra Chapter for close to 2 years. I'm already planning out some 4 day weekends to get some good new Jeep experiences in, for example this trail called the Rubicon. SEC will always be home though.

Jelly!

:(

Find CAJJ93XJ and tell him I said hey. He has a build in the Sierra chapter, IIRC.

Nice! There are some great trails out there. It's also much closer to Moab. If I remember correctly, it was a 12 hour drive when I lived in SoCal. One day and your there.......

I will be out that way this summer, doing some schooling I need to knock out in order to get promoted. I'll let you know and we can meet up.

Nice! There are some great trails out there. It's also much closer to Moab. If I remember correctly, it was a 12 hour drive when I lived in SoCal. One day and your there.......

I would love to hit Moab while I'm out there but it's unlikely unless I use some x-mas break time to do so instead of heading home towards family. Which isn't a half bad idea...

I will be out that way this summer, doing some schooling I need to knock out in order to get promoted. I'll let you know and we can meet up.

Sounds good. I'll be in hold status the entire summer so I should have free afternoons/evenings.

Hmmm. I have an extra one. I'll do some good vents, go wheeling at Morris Mountain the 11-12th, then see what happens and go from there.

That's an open invite for anyone who wants to go.

Got to do some wheeling Saturday with Travis (yellowXJ). We really need to figure out how to get his XJ to the CRAWL this year!!

And I figured out I REALLY need a track bar on my front axle. Already made most of the brackets and now I just need to get them welded in a make the bar.

Got to do some wheeling Saturday with Travis (yellowXJ). We really need to figure out how to get his XJ to the CRAWL this year!!

And I figured out I REALLY need a track bar on my front axle. Already made most of the brackets and now I just need to get them welded in a make the bar.

Agreed!

I'm just going to leave this right here.... great time this weekend!

Worked on my 96 E300 Diesel last night.....

Bought a Jeep.

I need a weight distribution hitch. Think that would help with the squat and small amount of trailer sway that I have going on?

It's amazing how much better this thing tows than the F-250 I've been towing with.

20150324_200806_zpswgqf3zmw.jpg

Bought a Jeep.

I need a weight distribution hitch. Think that would help with the squat and small amount of trailer sway that I have going on?

It's amazing how much better this thing tows than the F-250 I've been towing with.

Yes.

In what world does a soft-sprung short wheelbase SUV tow better than a 3/4 ton diesel truck?

Back