• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I really want to go again, I just dont know when... November might be the best time for me. I have Harlan and Chocco the next two weekends after this one, take a month off to save money, Jeepfest, Gulches, and I'll try to do Gray Rock and Golden in November.

RBD at Morris Mountain in November!!

TPS connector for an auto trans.

Thank you sir. That solves that problem. I went over the engine bay quickly today and saw a few minor issues. A bent cooling fan, broken battery tray, needs both battery cables replaced, upper radiator hose has a small crack in it, and the vacuum hose to the MAP sensor was replaced by something other than vacuum hose and has melted. Tested the fuel pressure while running and got 30 PSI with vacuum on FPR, 36 PSI vacuum off. Then the bad news:

Engine warm, compression check:

Cyl 1: 100 psi
Cyl 2: 112 psi
Cyl 3: 115 psi
Cyl 4: 112 psi
Cyl 5: 105 psi
Cyl 6: 80 psi

I guess that would explain the blowby issue. It huffs through the oil fill hole like a freight train lol
(Click picture for the video)

I feel bad because I think the guy that sold it to him knew all of the issues, and the kid doesn't really know much about mechanics. I made them an offer on the truck that I feel was fair knowing all of the issues and what it would take to sort it all out (time & $$$$), but unfortunately it's less than he paid for it so the deal probably won't go through.

Bought a CJ7 for 200 bucks, not running and with a broken output shaft on transfer case...
Charged the battery and hot-wired it and it fired right up (ignition switch broken)
10343687_10152182928992957_5955611691083760263_n.jpg

CHECK OUT THAT ITTY BITTY WINCH!!

then i immediately ripped the body off

10343013_10152182928952957_5452861712554642736_n.jpg

Time to 4 link, stretch, D60 front 14blt rear, Ford Trans, NP205 ect... but that will be on :scottm:

Was the body rusty?

Doug I believe knows a good bit too Mike! And as we can see Nick has learned a good bit...... Finished up most of my Crawl stuff. Spent Saturday in a Cracker Barrel waiting on family to return form VA and have lunch with them. A storm came through and was really bad. Which brings me to my Sunday. Went over to GF house to remove a branch that said storm took out that was dangling.... Got some fresh pine for the fire pit in Harlan now!

I guess I could claim as a junior member of the Renix crew. I've certainly been through a mess with mine and I have some awesome teachers at a text's reach.

Thank you sir. That solves that problem. I went over the engine bay quickly today and saw a few minor issues. A bent cooling fan, broken battery tray, needs both battery cables replaced, upper radiator hose has a small crack in it, and the vacuum hose to the MAP sensor was replaced by something other than vacuum hose and has melted. Tested the fuel pressure while running and got 30 PSI with vacuum on FPR, 36 PSI vacuum off. Then the bad news:

Engine warm, compression check:

Cyl 1: 100 psi
Cyl 2: 112 psi
Cyl 3: 115 psi
Cyl 4: 112 psi
Cyl 5: 105 psi
Cyl 6: 80 psi

I guess that would explain the blowby issue. It huffs through the oil fill hole like a freight train lol
(Click picture for the video)

I feel bad because I think the guy that sold it to him knew all of the issues, and the kid doesn't really know much about mechanics. I made them an offer on the truck that I feel was fair knowing all of the issues and what it would take to sort it all out (time & $$$$), but unfortunately it's less than he paid for it so the deal probably won't go through.

Good luck! If you need help I'll be glad to pass on what I have learned. Electrical is my current (get the pun) issue thanks to an idiot PO.

Thanks, but luckily for me they declined my offer and are going to try their luck selling it on Craigslist. I say luckily for me because, although the Jeep addict in me wants it, I have enough projects at the moment and I don't need to spend money that we can't afford to spend anyway. :)

Holy crap page 900! Man I never thought....

Well tonight I got a new start in the XJ, bleed the brakes, and took it for a test drive. A knocking has me thinking I still have a T case issue. Looks like a trip to the yard this weekend.

I've had a somewhat stressful weekend. Friday morning I got a call for another interview at Flowers, called him back and left a message, tried to call 3 more times and couldn't get him, then he calls me at 9:45 when I'm at a studio recording bass guitar tracks for a CD and we set up an interview for Tuesday after I get off of work. Pretty sure they're going to offer me a full time position there, so that's cool. Saturday I did a bunch of house work and worked on the Jeep for a few hours. I took a nap for the first time in probably a year and slept for 4 hours... Couldn't go to bed last night until 2AM so I did some homework and read a bunch of NAXJA threads lol. Today I played guitar at church for two services, and tried to finish up the Jeep work, but I got a call from my grandpa so I had to go help him rotate the tires on the tow rig. That was an ordeal because when the dealer replaced the carrier bearings under warranty last year they hired a couple of gorillas to reinstall the the wheels because the rim had galded to the hub and the lug nuts were rounded off... Just went and picked up the trailer from my grandpa's friend. Need to check the air pressure on the trailer and the truck and load the trailer and all my other stuff still but now all my family is at my house to eat dinner for my birthday since I'll be at the Crawl on my actual birthday. I'm gonna leave school early tomorrow to come try and finish everything after work and get everything situated before my interview since it'll probably last until 7 or later. Running out of time!!

Went to PAP yesterday morning and grabbed a replacement yoke for the XJ's 8.25" and a wiper linkage for the Suburban. Got home, installed all the parts I'd just bought, then I shot the guy a little better offer on the '89 MJ since they hadn't come and gotten it yet (what can I say...I just couldn't resist). They accepted but wanted to keep the wheels and he wanted to keep the radio. I thought no biggie. They get here and they proceed to take the wheels off the kid's ZJ to replace the ones on the MJ. They aren't my favorite style, but they're the factory wheels from the MJ and are in great shape, plus the tires are all Michelins in pretty good condition. Needless to say I felt I got the better end of that deal. These look a lot better than the crappy ones that were on it for sure!

Overall it's not a bad looking little truck. Sure the paint is beat, but the body is pretty darned straight and rust-free so I'll most likely rock it as-is for a DD. I'm sure it'll get better MPG than that Suburban! And yes I know the grill is in upside down.....:laugh3:

Back