• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

wife killed a rear ujoint. it seems to have mortally wounded her tcase. iv got mean chain growl from her rig.

im now learning all about the 231J case.

Here ios my traction bar bracket on my axle, just have to make the bar and frame end mount. The bracket is to the left of the diff.

P1020281.jpg

Here is my ruff stuff kit

rury3u8a.jpg

Plates welded to my homemade truss.
5y8y3a2u.jpg

Plated to my TNT crossmember
du6ujugu.jpg

pu7e3e8a.jpg

So, since we're discussing traction bars...

I've been researching around and ordered the parts to build one very similar to the Ruff Stuff kit. I just haven't figured out where I'm going to mount the frame side. The majority of set-ups that run a shackle on the frame/body side has the shackle upside down. Like yours:

du6ujugu.jpg

I'm thinking it would be much easier to run the shackle the other way, plate the floor (top and bottom), mount the shackle to the bottom of the floor and brace the top plate to my cage.

My main question is: Is it going to act funny because I have the shackle right side up instead of upside down?

yeah i dont think it matter which way the shackle is mounted.... i run the rock krawler 3 link with a tnt flat belly... wasnt sure if i wanted to weld it to my skid but i added some extra plating and it held up just fine.

Sounds like it would work fine to me, but I'm surprised that's a simpler setup than running it to a crossmember or something under the jeep.

That's what I'm thinking. I'd like to do a nice cross member at the transmission and a matching one towards the back. Then mount a skid between the two but i don't see me getting that done between now and the Crawl.

That's what I'm thinking. I'd like to do a nice cross member at the transmission and a matching one towards the back. Then mount a skid between the two but i don't see me getting that done between now and the Crawl.

If you show..... :laugh: :rof: :kissyou:

A rear crossmember would be nice to do for that 4 link you want, but you bought some more springs... I like my belly skid a lot that Stump made. I'm honestly astonished It doesn't have virtually any rock rash on it.

If I do a traction bar it would be off of the rear corner of that skid, or the frame mount of the Clayton system.

A rear crossmember would be nice to do for that 4 link you want, but you bought some more springs... I like my belly skid a lot that Stump made. I'm honestly astonished It doesn't have virtually any rock rash on it.

If I do a traction bar it would be off of the rear corner of that skid, or the frame mount of the Clayton system.

Yeah, that was my other plan. Build a cross member very similar to yours (with the skid) and mount the traction bar shackle to that. I think I'd want to brace the back corner of that skid back to the unibody with the traction bar back there.

Pretty sure I've ditched the 4-link rear idea. Too much work when leaf springs work just fine. They just need a traction bar.

Pretty sure I've ditched the 4-link rear idea. Too much work when leaf springs work just fine. They just need a traction bar.

Bingo! At least for now!

Yep. And they're pretty darn stable. I was going to do the same and make another brace if i did that. All those stupid fuel and brake lines are right there on the inside of that unibody rail though.

a6aru5a7.jpg

This just happened. MJ clutch pedal. Great start to my weekend full of work.

a6aru5a7.jpg

This just happened. MJ clutch pedal. Great start to my weekend full of work.

Bring it to Charlotte tomorrow and we can weld it! Let me know if I need to grab the welder!

Bring it to Charlotte tomorrow and we can weld it! Let me know if I need to grab the welder!

Unfortunately I have to work all weekend. Trying to get it welded here in town tomorrow.

Unfortunately I have to work all weekend. Trying to get it welded here in town tomorrow.

Have them reinforce it. I told Tim today about my adventures with clutch peddles...

Back