• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Well getting to my flywheel took no time at all. Now I'm just stuck waiting for an extra pair of hands to hoist the trans/case back in place...

I'm like right down the street dude, let me know if you need my extra pair of hands.

Hung out In Bluefield WV installing Dirtbound efans and controller. Works great in cold weather. LOL

Oh, and being Crazy Uncle Chad to my best friends kids. Every kid needs a crazy Uncle don't they?

;)

Mounting CB, antenna, rechargeable flashlight this coming weekend and wiring up an Extended Idle switch too.

My next project! This is "Little Red", a 94 XJ Country with 175k on the clock, a ticking/clicking/knocking, drivers door falling off, "nightmare" that smells like a ash tray LOL!

It belonged to my mom and me together, she bought my oldest son's 00 Classic so she gave this pile back to me.

Plans;
2" OME lift, new interior, the low mileage 4.0 that was in "Big Red" and of course fix the door so it won't fall off!

It looks better than it really is. This coming weekend I will repair the door hinges on the drivers side and use some "medium cut" on the paint and bring it back to life. The interior will be next then the engine.

0122131706_zpsbb18bbb5.jpg

Looks pretty darn clean to me... but I'm used to rot. At least you probably know most of its problems already!

I can't wait to get my 88 MJ on the road... I finally got it moving again a few weeks ago after it sinking into the lawn for a year and a half.

Just turn the radio up a bit. The clicking/knocking will go away! :)

Sure is nice and clean...

Looks pretty darn clean to me... but I'm used to rot. At least you probably know most of its problems already!

I can't wait to get my 88 MJ on the road... I finally got it moving again a few weeks ago after it sinking into the lawn for a year and a half.

Yep, Ive wrenched on this thing for the last 5 years. Its always ticked but now its burning oil so this engine will get pulled, rebuilt, and set aside for a spare. These first gen HO's are good runners and have the good head on them so It might end up in the 96 trail rig some day.

Most XJ/MJ are rust free around here except for the floor boards so i have my fingers crossed that its not too bad.

Just turn the radio up a bit. The clicking/knocking will go away! :)

Sure is nice and clean...

The radio doesn't work either, I have a system to go into it.

The paint is good but needs reviving. I plan on going over it with some medium cut, then fine cut, then swirl remover and after all that, a hand glaze and hand wax. It will look brand new outside. The inside will have to be gutted. Mom smokes so the whole thing is an ashtray. i can't friggin stand cigarette smell :puke:

My plans are to make it reliable and use it as a Yak hauler that I can just leave the boats on all season, just jump in and go! Then when my youngest turns 17 in 6 years, it will be his first XJ to total. :wierd:

The radio doesn't work either, I have a system to go into it.

The paint is good but needs reviving. I plan on going over it with some medium cut, then fine cut, then swirl remover and after all that, a hand glaze and hand wax. It will look brand new outside. The inside will have to be gutted. Mom smokes so the whole thing is an ashtray. i can't friggin stand cigarette smell :puke:

My plans are to make it reliable and use it as a Yak hauler that I can just leave the boats on all season, just jump in and go! Then when my youngest turns 17 in 6 years, it will be his first XJ to total. :wierd:

yuk...at least mine is cig free.

mine will need a headliner and a few floor holes patched.....its going to be a dd/expo/camp rig so im thinking about getting rid of the carpet an bedlining it, im afraid it will be too loud though to be comfortable.

So this happened as I tried to pull out of my driveway yesterday morning. The blind drive finally took its first victim. Still waiting for the insurance comp to tell me what they want to do with it. Poor little thing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359038887.147328.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359038910.431091.jpg

He was in an accident...duh. :roflmao:

I live off a private dirt road that runs into the highway. The drive enters the highway on the inside of a curve and it is difficult to see anyone coming from the right. I started to pull out to turn left and did not see a ford ranger coming about 50 mph. He didn't see me till the last second apparently cause he didn't hit the brakes till he was about 30 ft away. He hit my front right corner, just missed my tire. Nobody hurt but insurance estimator says about $4100 worth of damage. I'm surprised they did not total it.

I live off a private dirt road that runs into the highway. The drive enters the highway on the inside of a curve and it is difficult to see anyone coming from the right. I started to pull out to turn left and did not see a ford ranger coming about 50 mph. He didn't see me till the last second apparently cause he didn't hit the brakes till he was about 30 ft away. He hit my front right corner, just missed my tire. Nobody hurt but insurance estimator says about $4100 worth of damage. I'm surprised they did not total it.

Is that a Subaru?

Back