• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Do they sell you an option to magically install themselves?

Axle shafts are no problem, finding a group of friends, time, money, a garage and something to drive while I swap/regear is another story. Just worry about yourself there buddy, I'll get it done.

I can't see the banner at work :(

I assume it's RCV? I wonder what they would charge me for custom shafts for my 44.

red 'if you're going bling, go all the way' heep

I don't think it costs any more for a custom length... My shafts are custom as well. It just takes a little longer to get them since they have to be made. Would you like me to get a price for you? I have to call them tomorrow any way. Josh, don't you have Ford knuckles? If so you don't have to do anything special. They just slide in like a normal axle shaft assembly.

By the way for anybody interested... I guarantee I can beat anyone's price to your door, period. I deal direct with RCV, so no middle man to take his cut.

I don't think it costs any more for a custom length... My shafts are custom as well. It just takes a little longer to get them since they have to be made. Would you like me to get a price for you? I have to call them tomorrow any way. Josh, don't you have Ford knuckles? If so you don't have to do anything special. They just slide in like a normal axle shaft assembly.

do it josh.....this is peer pressure speaking

Axle shafts are no problem, finding a group of friends, time, money, a garage and something to drive while I swap/regear is another story

You have the Neon now for a DD. Consider that part of the problem solved....

By the way for anybody interested... I guarantee I can beat anyone's price to your door, period. I deal direct with RCV, so no middle man to take his cut.

I have daedenbear knuckles. If I remember right, they're ford, with chevy small bearing spindles, f150 rotors and chevy calipers.

I need to hold off on the spending for a while.

do it josh.....this is peer pressure speaking

I'll probably do it, but after the holidays. I want to get 37's next year anyway.

Spent the last two days with family enjoying Thanksgiving, visiting, and stuffing my face. Bought myself an early Christmas present on Wednesday...40" Samsung LED TV for just under $500. Doesn't compare to the 70" my parents bought that night also...:worship:

Sure was fun watching football on that thing though! :)

Spent the last two days with family enjoying Thanksgiving, visiting, and stuffing my face. Bought myself an early Christmas present on Wednesday...40" Samsung LED TV for just under $500. Doesn't compare to the 70" my parents bought that night also...:worship:

Sure was fun watching football on that thing though! :)

you got jealous of mine when you were here didnt you ;)..... Shannon sent a picture of it to her dad last night with the title "what i need for christmas"

you got jealous of mine when you were here didnt you ;)..... Shannon sent a picture of it to her dad last night with the title "what i need for christmas"

How big is yours? I've got a 47" in the living room that's hooked up to my surround sound. The 40" is for my room which is replacing a 19" that i've had since my sophomore year in college. The 70" at my mom's replaced a 10 year old rear projection that absolutely would not die...

There's no such thing as a TV too big...

How big is yours? I've got a 47" in the living room that's hooked up to my surround sound. The 40" is for my room which is replacing a 19" that i've had since my sophomore year in college. The 70" at my mom's replaced a 10 year old rear projection that absolutely would not die...

There's no such thing as a TV too big...

58 or a 60...pretty sure its a 58

Had an awesome weekend with the family during Thanksgiving. At plenty of of turkey and rib roast. Also went out with some friends during black friday to pick up a TV from Bestbuy and some games. I didnt actually buy anything. I did however do some online parts shopping, although not for the jeep, I ordered a ton of parts for my toyota truck during the black friday and cyber monday sales. Got a couple LED light bars coming, a Viair compressor to run an OBA, and tire carrier hinge/plate kit so I can get a buddy of mines to build me a tire carrier bumper.

Got rear lower control arms and a rear camber kit installed on my girlfriends car. Meant to put my new rotors/shoes on the Jeep but left them at work last Wednesday....good way to waste a 4 day weekend! :p

Not a weekend project but I made some great progress today on my painfully slow rear XJ D44 project. I am in welding school and finished my projects for the semester early so I brought the axle and the ZJ rear disc brake setup in to try and get them mated together. Got the caliper brackets re-drilled to match the bolt pattern on the axle flange. Also welded up the holes on the TJ D44 retainer plates and re-drilled them as well. What really made this go fast was my teacher's die grinder and carbide bit. Also welded up the breather hose hole to deleted it and drilled and tapped the bolt hole for the brakeline bolt hole to accept the breather/retainer bolt like the one on my 8.25.

Now I need to finish the brakelines, get the new wheel bearings and retainer plates installed on the shafts, rebuild the limited slip, and get some 4.56 gears for it. Glad to finally be making some progress on this thing after having it sit around for 5 years.

Not a weekend project but I made some great progress today on my painfully slow rear XJ D44 project. I am in welding school and finished my projects for the semester early so I brought the axle and the ZJ rear disc brake setup in to try and get them mated together. Got the caliper brackets re-drilled to match the bolt pattern on the axle flange. Also welded up the holes on the TJ D44 retainer plates and re-drilled them as well. What really made this go fast was my teacher's die grinder and carbide bit. Also welded up the breather hose hole to deleted it and drilled and tapped the bolt hole for the brakeline bolt hole to accept the breather/retainer bolt like the one on my 8.25.

Now I need to finish the brakelines, get the new wheel bearings and retainer plates installed on the shafts, rebuild the limited slip, and get some 4.56 gears for it. Glad to finally be making some progress on this thing after having it sit around for 5 years.

Helped a buddy of mine do a disc brake conversion on an 8.25 a few years ago. I wish we had a shop at the time to do it in. It wasn't fun doing all the work on the porch of his apartment...

Helped a buddy of mine do a disc brake conversion on an 8.25 a few years ago. I wish we had a shop at the time to do it in. It wasn't fun doing all the work on the porch of his apartment...

i wish i had pictures of my front porch machine shop when i built her axle.....

Had a great weekend. Cobbler Chris flew home for a couple days, ate fantastic food and watched football at my grandparents oasis on Lake Gaston, got some fishing in with Chris and his dad on Friday, did the 2nd side of ball joints on the Dirtymax today. Those things sure let loose with a bang!

Got the ZJ fan clutch installed. Drove the jeep into town. Didn't really notice the power loss, the jeep won't get out of it's own way anyways. Lots of noises to look into, seems the tcase is whining. I haven't driven without the radio on in a while.

Had to grind the fins down on the fan clutch to make sure I had room to fit it over the idler shaft and I replaced the studs with bolts and lock washers. 5/16 - 24 if anyone is curious. My temp gauge reads a little high, but I could see where the tstat opened and it was holding steady at 195 at idle. We'll see what happens when it's 110 outside.

i wish i had pictures of my front porch machine shop when i built her axle.....

The best was building it inside the apartment once it got cold outside. Literally built it on a rolling cart in the middle of the living room. Turned the kitchen sink into a parts washer for a few days lol.

At least it was better than working in the cold and wind...

Back