• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Had a great weekend. Cobbler Chris flew home for a couple days, ate fantastic food and watched football at my grandparents oasis on Lake Gaston, got some fishing in with Chris and his dad on Friday, did the 2nd side of ball joints on the Dirtymax today. Those things sure let loose with a bang!

you're getting awefully close to my neck of the woods-- next time you're up this way, gimme a shout!

forced my 8 year old to go, saving her from auto-tune and pro-tools, she likes the new stuff more than the old but i am working on that. quote of the night, she turns to us and said "what's that smell, it stinks" if only time would stand still.

forced my 8 year old to go, saving her from auto-tune and pro-tools, she likes the new stuff more than the old but i am working on that. quote of the night, she turns to us and said "what's that smell, it stinks" if only time would stand still.

exact same experience with my daughter at a show about 5 years ago. I really wish time had stood still!!
Amazing girl, and she's proven that she can make intelligent choices on her own, but life was sooooo much simpler when she was young and uninformed!

Some of my best memories are pulling up next to some stupid kid that thinks he is a gangster and giving him enough watts of 2112 that he is forced to roll up his windows. I think it is time to build a new demo vehicle.

Hahahaha, that's awesome! I have two 12'' subs in my DD wagon, and it's funny because the bass is primarily to listen to stuff like Neil on the drums. I love the look on peoples faces when they hear the bass coming from something so proggy at a red light. You definitely get some looks.

Drove the Jeep today since I haven't moved it in a while. Sure do get some funny looks from other people when death wobble hits. Guess I should probably speed up the process of trying to make that go away...again.

been fixing little things on the trail rig, rear shocks, loose bolts, washing it..... finally got it registered.

alsos fixed some leaking bead lockss...... man do i hate tearing them apart. but it sure does cruise nice at 60 now :)

Drove the Jeep today since I haven't moved it in a while. Sure do get some funny looks from other people when death wobble hits. Guess I should probably speed up the process of trying to make that go away...again.

IF you are free Saturday I'll be at the shop trying to figure out this headlight issue. Could weld that Ironman TB together for you.

Yes people get out of your way pretty quick when DW sets in lol.

IF you are free Saturday I'll be at the shop trying to figure out this headlight issue. Could weld that Ironman TB together for you.

CWP class tomorrow for most of the day, then got a celebration to go to tomorrow night. Rumor has it Sunday there's going to be a Mustang here needing some mods installed...so looking like a busy weekend lol.

That they do lol!

And the people behind you find the brake pedal really quick....

I have my shocks on mine now, the ride is alot nicer with them, now to get the alignment.

I have my shocks on mine now, the ride is alot nicer with them, now to get the alignment.

Do the alignment yourself. Unless you have adjustable control arms all they can set is toe and to center the steering wheel. Both are very easily done in the driveway and will save you $60+. I have done alignments on the rack and in the driveway, the benefits from the computer are negligible when you consider the design and play in a Jeep steering system.

I paid the 120 for lifetime alignment from Firestone. Totally worth it. Its like 2 miles away, I pass it on the way to and from work, and I get it aligned all the time, drop it off, walk across the way, eat breakfast, come back. And all the while my Buddy James is getting paid like 10 bucks and half the time he just pulls it on the rack, bumps it, and backs it off. Lol

Sticking it to the man, like a boss.

I paid the 120 for lifetime alignment from Firestone. Totally worth it. Its like 2 miles away, I pass it on the way to and from work, and I get it aligned all the time, drop it off, walk across the way, eat breakfast, come back. And all the while my Buddy James is getting paid like 10 bucks and half the time he just pulls it on the rack, bumps it, and backs it off. Lol

Sticking it to the man, like a boss.

Alignment shops don't like Jeeps. They really don't like them (and often won't touch them) if they're lifted too. If you've got one that does it for you consider yourself lucky.

I'll stick to driveway alignments. Quick, easy (enough), and effective.

Alignment shops don't like Jeeps. They really don't like them (and often won't touch them) if they're lifted too. If you've got one that does it for you consider yourself lucky.

I'll stick to driveway alignments. Quick, easy (enough), and effective.

It's not that bad if the tech has knowledge in aligning Jeeps specifically. I have taught 3 other guys in the area that I would trust sending someone to. Another big part of it is that the customer has to be willing to listen to me, and not just demand that there be all green on the computer print-out.

I may go back to the shop part-time for a couple months during the academy.

Back