• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

That tank full of water looks awefully heavy for that little stand it is sitting on.

That tank full of water looks awefully heavy for that little stand it is sitting on.

its actually a pretty beefy metal stand...no wobblies. i need to find a stand for the 30 gallon though, its sitting on a stack of pepsi crates in my office/manroom.

flip flop fabrication and petting zoo/aquarium/reptile house/cat sanctuary all rolled into one.

.....i need a bigger house

I'm not up on fresh water - so I don't know how aggressive/passive you'll need to keep it with the current fish.

The salt - start with 3 green chromi's during the shock period (they like to school) - as small as you can find. They're hardy little buggers & cheap. You're not going to be able to keep much in there, you can't do the bioload in salt that you can pull off in fresh. A 30 gallon is considered a "nano" sized setup. You're going to have to stick with chromi's and maybe cardinals. Once you're really established you might be able to support a gobi (however never a mandarin - don't even try that in under a 200 gallon setup) or a blenny. If you do coral - stick with one or two easy soft corals (mushrooms or zoanthids - go with frags rather than wild) and learn about lighting. They've come a long with with lighting since we kept our tank 7ish years ago, so all I can really suggest here is that you need both Actinic Blue & white with coral. With that said - no more than 5 small non-aggressive fish in that tiny little tank.

Hope you enjoyed chemistry - because you're going to be doing a lot of it. Most of the quick strips are crap - go with the proper setup and titrate like there's no tomorrow. Unless you've got $$ to burn and can buy the probes. Check out chemistry supply companies 'cause anything for the aquarium trade will be 4x the cost - just make sure they're stainless or something non-corrosive for the salt tank.

Open your wallet & have fun :p

OH - one last thing if you're considering coral. Test for copper in that tank. If it's positive, you'll never be able to keep coral in there. Copper is toxic to invertebrates.

its actually a pretty beefy metal stand...no wobblies. i need to find a stand for the 30 gallon though, its sitting on a stack of pepsi crates in my office/manroom.

flip flop fabrication and petting zoo/aquarium/reptile house/cat sanctuary all rolled into one.

.....i need a bigger house

No you don't. Then you just get more stuff. Trust me.

I thought we needed a bigger house, now we have a bigger house full of stuff.

just finished up a head gasket, head, and spark plug job on a friend of a fellow NAXJA member's 2.2L chevy cavalier... conical seat spark plugs in an aluminum head can go straight to hell!

Now I have a trailer. PaceSetter Tandem axle 7' x 20'. Dove tail, fold down ramps, brakes and LED lights.

It needs 2 tires and could use some decking but the decking can wait a while.

800 buckeroos. I think I got an alright deal.

Cavalier's period can go straight to hell lol.
I completely agree. Between being GM, being small, and having the motor mounted pointing completely the wrong direction, they're a pain in the butt to work on.

I had an '88 Z24 and loved it. Kinda wish I still had it.

My corrent DD is an '88 Cavalier with the 2.8L V6. Not perfect but she runs good and gets in the high 20's for mpg.

My corrent DD is an '88 Cavalier with the 2.8L V6. Not perfect but she runs good and gets in the high 20's for mpg.

Did you trade the Celebrity?

Went to a friend's wedding reception Friday afternoon/night. Got home way late and had to get up way early Saturday to go over to a local car show that a bunch of my other friends were participating in. Spent the whole morning there, got the DD put back in alignment that afternoon, then headed over to the after-after party for the wedding at my friend's house to help them finish off the left over food and whatnot that would go bad while they're away this week. Spent today at an all day concert event in town with a few more friends. Despite the on and off rain and cloudy/cool weather, it was still a good time. Got to see some bands that i've been wanting to see for a while.

It's been a busy, fun, and productive weekend...but i'm beat!

Went to a friend's wedding reception Friday afternoon/night. Got home way late and had to get up way early Saturday to go over to a local car show that a bunch of my other friends were participating in. Spent the whole morning there, got the DD put back in alignment that afternoon, then headed over to the after-after party for the wedding at my friend's house to help them finish off the left over food and whatnot that would go bad while they're away this week. Spent today at an all day concert event in town with a few more friends. Despite the on and off rain and cloudy/cool weather, it was still a good time. Got to see some bands that i've been wanting to see for a while.

It's been a busy, fun, and productive weekend...but i'm beat!

Sounds like a lot of fun! I usually like going to weddings, more specifically the reception if there's a party to be had.

Saturday I got up & washed my truck & headed to the bank. Then went over to a friends house to meet him for the rifle club picknic. They had a night raffle but I didn't win anything.

Then I came home & went to work on the JK. Worked on it all Saturday evening & yesterday after church & got quite a bit done!

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54712&page=14

Back