• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I actually got some stuff done yesterday.

I finished installing my hyrdaulic assist, FINALLY swapped in the Chromo shafts I got from Doug (a year after I bought them), fix the tail lights and dash lights in the 98, installed my CB in the 93 and pulled the transmission out of the MJ.

Now I can't decide if I want to put it back together with a internal slave cylinder or is it worth buying the parts to make it an external slave...
You'll kick yourself if you dont make it an external... Just saying. You can ask Nick about that :gee:

I finished installing my hyrdaulic assist, FINALLY swapped in the Chromo shafts I got from Doug (a year after I bought them)

better late than never.......

i finished a keyless entry and remote start install in the camry.... and let me tell you i'll pay to have the next one installed, that was a wiring nightmare. plus it alerted me to the fact that yes, the car does need a starter.

Oh yeah, how could I forget... I also finally fixed the squeaky belt/bearing on the front of my Jeep but not before replacing the power steering pump, harmonic balancer, idler, and the water pump... Each time I replaced a part I thought I had it fixed then it would start squeaking again.

You'll never guess...

The belt... It looked to be in great shape since it's only 2 months old. Apparently, it felt the urge to squeak.

So, now the only part on the front of my engine that isn't brand spankin new is the mechanical fan pulley (But it has a new clutch).

Shouldn't have to worry about anything else like that for a while.

(It sure it difficult to find good info on the slave cylinder swap...

Bellhousing, clutch fork, any parts related to it (throwout bearing, ball, spring, etc), and hydraulics of course. It is supposedly not a hard swap.

Yup, just bought a complete Bell housing, fork, throw out, spring, pivot, and bearing retain off of ebay. Up towards your neck of the woods... RI.

I'll be going to take back the internal slave that I have and be picking up the later model external slave/hose/master assembly for a few more bucks than the internals slave and we'll be good to go.

Replaceing the RMS while I'm I'm in there. Is there anything else I should do while it's apart that you can think of?

I haven't inspected the clutch but I think it's ok. If it's worn I'll replace it while I'm at it.

Anyone have a pic of an early model XJ/MJ brake pedal assy? I don't have my truck handy but want to see the top switch on the assy. I'm looking into some TC issues and want to see the area so I can match it up with some instructions I found to adjust it.

On my RENIX, there are two brake switches .. a lower and an upper. The lower switch is for the brake lights and upper for the TCM TC signal.

I wanted to see how the top switch is hooked up so I could visualize it so I know what to look for before I get home (dark early and all).

better late than never.......

i finished a keyless entry and remote start install in the camry.... and let me tell you i'll pay to have the next one installed, that was a wiring nightmare. plus it alerted me to the fact that yes, the car does need a starter.

That was the one job I had no problem letting somebody else do on my Jeep. I'll tackle just about any project on a vehicle, but remote start installs are not for me. I've seen (and tried to fix) way too many that weren't done properly.

And I agree, starters are a handy little feature for cars...lol

I would do my own keyless because I am afraid I would take it to a hack and end up with a mickey moused disaster.

I would do my own keyless because I am afraid I would take it to a hack and end up with a mickey moused disaster.

The problem with the one on my Jeep is, there's a lot of wiring and not a lot of room to tuck it away. So if you take the kick panel off from under the steering wheel, it's kind of like the scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where he cuts the strings off the tree in the house lol.

Legos?

Got around to sticking the stickers yet?

No I still have to make the other half door.
Yes little Glenn has a small city and train layout on a home made 4x8 table. I did the hike at URE Saturday and still feel it today in my legs. Pulled the front apart Saturday afternoon and Sunday and found one severely bent coil and one bent bump stop. It was about 2" forward which is why it kept hanging up on the coil at Gulches. Hopefully Lenny has the 318 on the stand sold. I also moved some tires and H1 rims to the trailer and anything I thought needed to go. Need to get rid of this old Ridding mower that does not run. Hate to junk it because the drive still works and it has new blades on the deck. Maybe I'll post it up on Craigslist.

Installed some RC 2.2 shocks on Saturday. Replaced my 5 year old pro craps...I honestly don't know why it took me so long....the shocks feel ok....not the best....I haven't really had a chance to really test them out on the highway yet....if I can save up and if the lady will let me...I really want some bilstein 5100's

The problem with the one on my Jeep is, there's a lot of wiring and not a lot of room to tuck it away. So if you take the kick panel off from under the steering wheel, it's kind of like the scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where he cuts the strings off the tree in the house lol.

theres not that much room in the camry either and theres half a roll of e tape making it pretty underneath there

Back